Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45106 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #135
We ain't good at sticking Mick, ask Brits?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
Heavens forbid if MM publicly shamed one of the lazy, lack lustre senior Carlton modern day players on his weekly installment. Imagine the uproar that would cause ( I would personally love it). We have too many pretenders prancing around the park whilst being paid the overs to put in sub par performances all to often.

Blighty will always be remembered for the spray he gave Pittman, and look what it did for Pitty.  ;D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #137
I wonder how Melbourne would be going ATM had Roos been publicly naming and shaming players instead of criticising his own performance? I guess we can just look at Mark Neeld for the results of that approach.....or perhaps our own backyard?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #139
Who knows.
Melbourne are sitting 15th, below us on three wins ? They are doing oh so well, considering the way that club conducts itself.
The Dees rolled us due to their desire and belief, they knew they would over run the Carlton Easybeats. As did the Bears on Saturday.
The Pies, Bombers, Dawks, Cats love playing us, they know with a bit of pressure and physical intimidation we more often than not, throw in towel.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #140
I refuse to get upset by the loss as I reckon the game on Saturday night was suss.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #141
I refuse to get upset by the loss as I reckon the game on Saturday night was suss.

in the vein of a Chris Cairnsesque suss Prof?  ???
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #142

I just refuse to get upset (over the Blues) nowadays Prof.

Tank up and get some high pics MM!

Reply #144
Nice deflection, but seriously, what is the coach's role in your eyes. You obviously have it worked out as he's not to blame for anything so tell me, from your perspective, what is he responsible for?

Doesn't matter what answer anyone gives to a question phrased like this, it is not going to change your mind.

In case anyone else wants an answer...
1. To unite the individuals and get them playing as a team.
2. To provide a gameplan that the team can play that will win them games, especially in finals.
3. To build a culture that encourages this
4. To introduce the kids in a way which they can contribute to the team, without hindering their development.
5. To make the tough calls on list management

In regards to getting the players 'up'. Getting the kids up, i agree. Senior players, shouldn't require the same motivation.

The odd game, sure, every game, no.

Reply #145
Thankyou! Finally someone answers the question. And I agree with most of that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #146
It is what it is ,who really thought we had the players to be serious contenders?We get sucked in by beating a couple of other sides that are just as bad as we are and we could very well have lost a couple of them as well.If we want to model our team on another side I would be trying to get someone like dew from Sydney to teach our players about loyalty and giving everything for your football team.There is probably not one player in there team that would not be a walk up starter at our club.They manage to go out and get borderline players from other clubs and turn them inti players.Its time to say goodbye to Judd,carazzo,wait,graham,Lucas,bootsma,Rowe,White,Robinson,ellard,McLean,Watson,armfield,Jeffry,Tuohy,warnock a waste of space and a few more see what you can get for them on the open market suffer the pain and go forward.The bottom half of the ladder is not where we should be we are Carlton.
You can begin to build a side around murph ,Hendo ,yarran,crips,doc,Everett,Thomas,simo,jamo,Gibbs,walker,Kruezer,cas,and a few of the other young blokes at the club.
And before you all start hanging ..... Do you really believe any of those players are going to take you to a flag,most of them will not even bring you a fourth round draft pick.U may get something for Jeffry,robo,warnock and Tuohy but not much.Compare the players I have listed against the Sydney players in the same positions then make a call u will see how far of the mark we are.I love Jeffry but a permanent half forward is athing of the past,Robo bleeds blue but kills us,warnock is waste of space what's the good of winning hit outs if u cannot direct it to a team mate or mark the ball,McLean to slow on the chase and has not got the skills of a Mitchell.Touhy a rabbit in the headlights,Watson no football brain no dash or crash,white and Rowe just not gooy enough and never will be.graham to slow can't kick.Any player that's been on the list and has not made it so far in a bottom 4 or 5 team will never make it.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion

Reply #147
The adjudication of the game was so bewilderingly poor that it makes one suspicious. 

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #148
Nice deflection, but seriously, what is the coach's role in your eyes. You obviously have it worked out as he's not to blame for anything so tell me, from your perspective, what is he responsible for?
Just saw Kruds response that pretty much sums it up. I have got jack worked out, like everyone else on this site I wouldn't be a coaches a-hole. But comments like:
-He needs to make sure they turn up to play
-He should have made sure they were switched on
crape me to tears.
There isn't a coach in the comp that wouldn't be doing the the above. I believe there are certain things the coach has no control over on game day what so ever. I also believe MM is a tireless worker during the week and on game day (probably like most coaches). Our list however is full of too many individuals who possess many of the faults (poor decision makers, poor disposal skills, undisciplined, lazy etc) that affect the result on game day. When I look at Kruds dot points, number 5. is the most important thing of all he needs to do for mine. He started the process at the end of last year, it will increase in intensity at the end of this year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #149
See you guys are so fixated on number 5 you've failed to see none of the other boxes are ticked.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!