Skip to main content
Topic: "Kreuzer The Key To Finals" - Malthouse (Read 12344 times) previous topic - next topic

"Kreuzer The Key To Finals" - Malthouse

CARLTON coach Mick Malthouse believes a fit-again Matthew Kreuzer will be the one to take his side to another level next year, despite another off-season luring talent from rival clubs. 

GWS pair Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley, Western Bulldogs forward Liam Jones and ex-Sydney defender Matt Dick were all plucked by the Blues last month.

But Malthouse said Kreuzer, who endured a nightmare 2014 season hampered by more foot surgery, was ready to explode.

“I feel very confident he’ll have a great season,” Malthouse said.

“I think he’ll be our No.1 recruit. He’s got so much to add to our football side. He’s aggressive, he’s a multi-positional player, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he bleeds blue blood.

“I think every player and official in the club wants him to success and have a bit of luck.”

Fair point about him being our No. 1 recruit, if fully fit and completely over his injury issues, he could have a huge impact.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-says-a-fitagain-matthew-kreuzer-can-take-blues-to-another-level/story-fnia3ybj-1227122001273
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Kreuzer The Key To Finals" - Malthouse

Reply #1
I'll be happy if he can get out on the park each week and get through a season....dont expect him to be a dominant player just play his role and be competitive...

Reply #2
Key to finals? Is Mick making excuses already? I thought he'd sorted our list so we are less reliant on individuals?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
There would be nobody happier than myself if he can get out there and back to his best, but pinning the clubs fortunes on him is shizen because history suggests he is a 50/50 proposition at best!

When I think back to that Swans game he played at close to his best, what we lost through his injury problems, it's a tragedy for everyone in the AFL not just Carlton. At his best he was every bit as capable as Dean Cox.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
The thread title is misleading and simply not true.

Show me where MM makes that statement.

The words MM uses are 'to another level' which are very ambiguous and could mean pretty much anything.

I do agree with the idea that a fit Kreuzer will make Carlton a better side than not having him at all.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #5
"Multi positional" scares the crap outta me...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6
The headline has actually changed since this was published :))

Reply #7
"Multi positional" scares the crap outta me...

yep..play his best footy on the ball and then resting up forward he can be dangerous for short periods but none of this KP Forward stuff please..didnt work with Hampson and wont work with MK either.

Reply #8
The thread title is misleading and simply not true.

Show me where MM makes that statement.

The words MM uses are 'to another level' which are very ambiguous and could mean pretty much anything.

I do agree with the idea that a fit Kreuzer will make Carlton a better side than not having him at all.

Very misleading heading. Key to finals is not mentioned at all. Must be Shieks take on it.

I don't know about the Multi-positional bit either. He's a ruckman and can be a damn good one. That's his position.

A full, fit season would be a huge plus for us.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
Kreuzer could have been described as a key a couple years ago but now if he can just play through a season I will be happy. We are a better side with him in no doubt though, always go back to his second game back from injury against Sydney a couple years ago he looked the deal then boy o boy.

Everyone has their theories some say he was played way too much to early and is breaking down as a result, but I just want to see him out there, it will be sad if he can never hit any good form again.

Reply #10
I definitely think he was played in the ruck far too early by Ratts but I don't think that's the reason he's always injured now. I think it all comes back to that knee injury quite a few years ago.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
I definitely think he was played in the ruck far too early by Ratts but I don't think that's the reason he's always injured now. I think it all comes back to that knee injury quite a few years ago.

I maintain the strong view that kruezers knee demanded a full 12 months on the sidelines
kruezer came back training in 6 months which gave him long term problems
the club were not strong enough at the time to control him...

Reply #12

I maintain the strong view that kruezers knee demanded a full 12 months on the sidelines
kruezer came back training in 6 months which gave him long term problems
the club were not strong enough at the time to control him...

My daughter (who has had two knee recos) did some research on knee surgery rehabilitation when she was studying human anatomy.  She found that there was a dramatic decrease in rates of re-injury when there was a full 12 months rehabilitation before a return to competitive sport.

Kreuzer should have been treated as a long term investment and kept on ice for the full 12 months. 

Hopefully, he'll remain injury free and really live up to his potential for the rest of a very long career.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
I thought MK didn't play a game in anger for 12 months though? You'd expect training to resume before that as part of his rehab.

Reply #14
I thought MK didn't play a game in anger for 12 months though? You'd expect training to resume before that as part of his rehab.

no.. you stay on ice and/or cotton wool

i was at the  b & f the year he did hid knee - MK spoke to the crowd when he said he was aiming for Round 1 - the crowd then erupted in applause
i was aghast when I heard it because I knew then he was pushing it too fast...