Skip to main content
Topic: 2 in a row... Blues Blow past the Gold Coast (Read 30152 times) previous topic - next topic

2 in a row... Blues Blow past the Gold Coast

Shackles released, kids superb, defence strong.

So who are the Barker believers? I wasn't but I'm waivering...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Re: 2 in a row... Blues Blow past the Gold Coast

Reply #1
Woof Woof!! ;D
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Wasn't either, but am firming like a Japanese stayer in a Cup market
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #3
The reaction to Barker will be interesting the first time we get a thumping.  Still, at the moment they are playing consistent, tough, in your face footy. 

They should have won by 10 goals - if they'd kicked straight, but I'll take it.

And PLEASE PLAY HOLLMAN!!!  Also, Nick Graham - another great match.

Cripps was heavily tagged but still stood up when needed.

Reply #4
Thought a few of our boys were quite average today and we still won easily and should've won by more. Looking forward to the Doggies next week and then three tough games in a row where we can really test ourselves, should we also defeat the Dogs.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Apparently the motto within the player coaching group is "maintain the rage"   ;D

I was pretty convinced the shine had worn off bell, congratulations on a fine season so far!

Reply #6
Carrazzo - thought he was close to BOG. Great clearance work again.

Bell - Yes he was great in some parts, his ability to walk through tackles is growing but his kicking is just awful. Still has work to do.

Yarran - No point having brilliant speed and disposal if you're not willing to take a risk. Too many dinky kicks. A player of his ilk needs to take a few more risky passes on. Played it too safe.

Hendo - Pretty disappointed with his game, did better in the second half. I reckon he's gone.

Graham - 24 touches today, coming along very nicely.

Everitt - Pretty damn handy game. Still a little powder puffy at some contests but should have kicked at least 4.

Wood - Another close to BOG. Great game in the ruck. Had a fantastic year.

Tackling intensity not as good as in previous weeks but we ground out the win.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Loved the fact that Cripps copped a heavy tag (and a cheap shot to the guts) yet still racked up enough possies to make a contribution and was busting out of the scrimmages until the end.

Love the way Nick Graham is growing and really feeling at home out there. Adds some real polish.

Love the Kreuze/Wood combo in the ruck. Both blokes are prepared to roll up their sleeves and work hard all match.

Love Everitt as a forward.

Love Tommy Bell becoming a modern day cult hero.

Love Barker giving a kid like Holman a run and not killing his confidence by him by playing on someone like Pendlebury.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #8

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
Buckley 100% disposal efficiency. Kicked an exciting goal ball traveled all of 60m and he did it with ease. Going to be a star for us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
Buckley 100% disposal efficiency. Kicked an exciting goal ball traveled all of 60m and he did it with ease. Going to be a star for us.

Couldn't believe how well it came off the boot.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11
Carrazzo - thought he was close to BOG. Great clearance work again.

Bell - Yes he was great in some parts, his ability to walk through tackles is growing but his kicking is just awful. Still has work to do.

Yarran - No point having brilliant speed and disposal if you're not willing to take a risk. Too many dinky kicks. A player of his ilk needs to take a few more risky passes on. Played it too safe.

Hendo - Pretty disappointed with his game, did better in the second half. I reckon he's gone.

Graham - 24 touches today, coming along very nicely.

Everitt - Pretty damn handy game. Still a little powder puffy at some contests but should have kicked at least 4.

Wood - Another close to BOG. Great game in the ruck. Had a fantastic year.

Tackling intensity not as good as in previous weeks but we ground out the win.

.......and Bell is BBQing at least two team mates a game.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12

That was one for the ages. You could see by his reaction that it released some of the weight from his shoulders being the son of a gun.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #13
I had to follow the game on the AFL app and the in game thread and I must say that I was disappointed with the latter!  Too excited with winning form to type some commentary?

If so, it's perfectly understandable after such a bleak start to the season.

It seems like some blokes who have been written off have come good and others continue to develop.

I like the fact that Cripps was challenged and was still able to make a contribution.  Kreuzer's form is pleasing and it seems that the Kreuzer-Wood combination can work.

I'm looking forward to being able to watch our next game :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Loved the fact that Cripps copped a heavy tag (and a cheap shot to the guts) yet still racked up enough possies to make a contribution and was busting out of the scrimmages until the end.

Love the way Nick Graham is growing and really feeling at home out there. Adds some real polish.

Love the Kreuze/Wood combo in the ruck. Both blokes are prepared to roll up their sleeves and work hard all match.

Love Everitt as a forward.

Love Tommy Bell becoming a modern day cult hero.

Love Barker giving a kid like Holman a run and not killing his confidence by him by playing on someone like Pendlebury.

Graham was very good and used the ball well.
 Cripps was heavily tagged and some of his clearance work wasnt as clean as usual and he had a few turnovers. I think we saw what is going to become the norm and that is Cripps
getting knocked around by taggers and other players and I hope his teammates look after him by blocking and dealing with snipers like Raines.
Bell was good after half time and won plenty of ball..
The Kruezer/Wood combo worked better this week...Wood seems to have a dose of the angry pills and is being extra physical and MK while not dominating the ruck is proving handy around the ground.
Holman was very good and having another tall mids helps our rotations...
Levi appreciating MK in the team and seems to be moving well and flying for his marks, kicking is way improved..good work Sav Rocca.

Take the win and John Barker must be congratulated and be well in contention for the coaches position...