Skip to main content
Topic: 2 in a row... Blues Blow past the Gold Coast (Read 30154 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2 in a row... Blues Blow past the Gold Coast

Reply #30
Just watched the highlights... Dennis had a fair kind of a day.

Gees the umpiring was putrid...  a lot of WTF ? stuff.  The other mob were a bit excessive at times - some decent umpiring would have stopped this early but they clearly lacked any feel for the game today.

Didn't think the umps had a great weekend TBH.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
Are we the only team that gets pinged for a double goal?

Every time we give up a double goal I think of the WCE final and the scum game a year prior to that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
Impressed again by Graham. Murphy, Kreuzer, Armfield and Docherty also caught my eye in a good solid team performance. I had a great afternoon; relaxed and enjoyed the win!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
Just watched the highlights... Dennis had a fair kind of a day.

Gees the umpiring was putrid...  a lot of WTF ? stuff.  The other mob were a bit excessive at times - some decent umpiring would have stopped this early but they clearly lacked any feel for the game today.

Umpire Foster I think it was...he didnt have a clue and guessed at everything...

Reply #34
Oh my god.. The Doc

His defensive efforts have gone to the next level.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #35
No credit for the thread title?? Tribey would appreciate.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #36
It was a messy game at times but quite a few players are moving along way better than under the previous coach. I am actually enjoying the footy again and am not yelling at the television every few seconds. ;)

Still got work to do, but things are getting better.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37
Strong win and some good signs for the club. We were challenged at times, but managed to keep control of the game and the tempo of play, which indicates a bit more confidence in each other.

Bell, murphy, wood, docherty and henderson in the best, along with everitt, Carrazzo, graham, Kruezer, Casboult and Yarren.

An even performance with fewer lapses than last week and some good clean hands too around the packs. Cripps was sat on which is awfully flattering for a fellow that has played less than 15 games. He will learn alot from that. Bell is becoming a solid footballer, and his size around the packs allows murphy to get more outside ball.

I was impressed by henderson going back at late stages in quarters. He played well without dominating, but he belongs at CHF, as it is a challenge for him and is indicative of his potential. Yes, he could be a very good defender, but he is better than that.

Better defence this week, with players spreading and covering more ground, allowing us to get back quicker, as well as more options when we win the ball. Wood and Kruezer played well, with the former playing an excellent game.

The GC seem a team full of talent but not committed enough, especially hard running. They didn't make too many howlers, but offered little resistance to us running off half back.  Maybe the rumours are true and they have become the party club of the league, as if they moved st kilda circa 1989 to the gold coast.

A good win, and has set a new benchmark for performance from last week.

Reply #38
So whatever happens from here we can be thankful John Barker has given our "club back"and given us some to get excited about.

Reply #39
So whatever happens from here we can be thankful John Barker has given our "club back"and given us some to get excited about.

Agreed - whether JB ends up with the job full time or not he has at least done that for us. I hope he gets a full time gig - either the one at Carlton or in the future somewhere else. Champion.

Reply #40
Enjoyed the call on the radio today.

Even the commentators were speechless at the umpiring calls against us.

Tagging our first year player in Cripps? Noice! Fair praise there.

Reply #41
I'm loving how Everitt is doing. Bargain as he didn't even cost us a draft pick. Just a drop from pick 32 to 37. Got that one right it looks like.

Reply #42

I take everything I ever said a about his coaching ability back  :))

Reply #43
Agreed - whether JB ends up with the job full time or not he has at least done that for us. I hope he gets a full time gig - either the one at Carlton or in the future somewhere else. Champion.

Quality bloke who is putting the team first, which is more than can be said for his predecessor.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #44
Credit to MM for bringing Everritt and Cam Wood to the Club.
At least we can say that's a couple of things he did right.
Reckon following taking Joel Selwood to task a few weeks back, Wood's form has gone up a level. On current form, he's playing Warnock into a delisting as he's doing a bang up job as Kreuz's backup.