Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 16: Northern Blues vs Footscray at Ikon (Read 8700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 16: Northern Blues vs Footscray at Ikon

Reply #15
Another goal. lead 65-39. Jaskch 4.

Reply #16
We won't lose from here, great effort with a depleted side.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
3 qtr time. We lead 65-39.

Reply #18
Dogs coming hard. Getting to the half way point of the last qtr and we lead by just 4pts, 65-61.

Reply #19
I spoke too soon.  >:(
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
7 points now, still a good effort with what we had on the park.

Reply #22
Lost 80-67. Dogs kicked 6.5 to 0.2 in the last qtr.

Reply #23
Well the Dogs switched on their game plan at will, we were never a serious threat and the Dogs coach would be very unhappy with players only making an effort when it was required!

I suppose this is why their seniors are in the position they are in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
We had Palmer, Sumner, Buckley and a semi fit Byrne as our only players with any AFL experience to speak of, Macredie is in his first season and Jaksch hasn't cut it at senior level, Sheehan has only played a few games.
Realistically Footscray would have needed to be a basket case.

Reply #25
We had Palmer, Sumner, Buckley and a semi fit Byrne as our only players with any AFL experience to speak of, Macredie is in his first season and Jaksch hasn't cut it at senior level, Sheehan has only played a few games.
Realistically Footscray would have needed to be a basket case.

In Jaksch defence he doesn't play at senior level for us to find out if he can cut it. Probably due to his bad attitude.

Reply #26
Whatever issues Jaksch has , he's a mobile goal kicking tall Forward which we are desperate for.
Surly the club could council,  support and better manger players with challenges and difficulties , surely how difficult and serious can it be?
Another 4 goal haul and not mention of his effort.

Reply #27
Whatever issues Jaksch has , he's a mobile goal kicking tall Forward which we are desperate for.
Surly the club could council,  support and better manger players with challenges and difficulties , surely how difficult and serious can it be?
Another 4 goal haul and not mention of his effort.

Although I'm not claiming an insight,  it could very well be he doesn't want to play for us.

He might end up out of the AFL completely at this rate. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #28
In Jaksch defence he doesn't play at senior level for us to find out if he can cut it. Probably due to his bad attitude.

He didn't cut it at GWS and he's shown precious little in his 6 or 8 senior games at Carlton.
I'm all for giving him a last chance to prove himself but I'm not confident that he can, I think it comes down to a basic lack of ability.

Reply #29
AFL Vic Development League 2017
Northern Blues   1.3  3.5  7.6  12.9 (81)
Port Melbourne   3.3  6.6  12.10  13.17 (95)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Fowler 4 Thorpe 2 Corboy 2 Walson  Gleeson  Strachan  Jones
Port Melbourne: Nahas 3 Gleeson 3 Iaccarino 2 Hogan 2 Gordon  Searle  De Soysa

BEST:
Northern Blues: Bolger Fowler Glover Costigan Rafferty Thorpe
Port Melbourne: Wooffindin Gleeson Urban Gordon Van Unen Nahas

Another case where half a team (our's) almost gets there against a raging favourite. That makes 3 out of 3 this weekend.
Live Long and Prosper!