Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 55989 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #195
He's making Chris Tavare look fast :)  But yep, agree.  An early wicket will hurt them immensely.

Reply #196
The Poms are gambling on the pitch improving for batting as each day passes, it's a possibility at this venue as it's happened before that the highest scores come in the 4th innings.

In reality, we wasted the ball a bit yesterday, bowlers excluding Hazelwood got their line and lengths wrong, I'm not sure why they wanted to change anything form the 2nd innings.

Also I think Paine showed a lack of experience, he tried to have a bit each way in terms of field setting and tactics, some attack with some scoreline defending. We could easily had two or three more wickets if we'd not had half/half field settings. In fairness to Paine, the bowlers were a bit off which didn't make things any easier.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #197
We tend to bowl a touch short and get carried away when it flies.   The lad who got injured (Richardson?)  would have been a real handful on this deck with his skiddy pace and fuller length.  Need to err on the fuller side.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #198
More poo~!

Waisting the new ball, not applying any pressure, we are defending it's madness!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
How weak and humiliating is Australian test cricket. P1ss f@cking weak. What a joke. Take off the baggy green. You don’t deserve it. Pfft. Useless flogs.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #200
Poor use of referrals and a late dropped catch didn't help.

... and sometimes, cricket justice deserts you. 

Annoyed is an understatement

When they were 2 for 15, the betting odds on them winning would have been
astronomical.

Reply #201
Not the result I was expecting but an exciting finish and great batting from Stokes.

It was a very strange decision to waste our last review on a delivery that clearly couldn’t be given out. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #202
The Australian Test Team is suffering the very same fate that Carlton suffers, it's allowed itself to be bullied into playing fair by a bunch of crooked opponents.

It's a no win scenario!

It's our own fault, for taking the finger-pointing cheating accusations from countries like India and South Africa seriously, and then overreacting. It won't be until Australian Cricket gets sick of being duded that it returns to peak form.

In professional sport there is no winning from being nice, money ensures that isn't the case!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #203
Wasted the new ball,  lack a serious fifth bowling option and Stokes was too good.  Sometimes the other mob is just a bit better.

Got carried away when they got rolled for 67.  That's wasn't going to happen twice.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #204
Disappointing result but Stokes is one of the premier all rounders in
the world and credit where its due he seems to stand up when England need him.
Smith in for Khawaja next test and I reckon Starc might play too.

Reply #205
I think Australia is just a good side and everyone thinks we should be a great side like we were from 1995-2007.

Those days are long gone now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #206
Idiot after idiot stuffed that up. Harris's missed runout with about 40 runs to go, bowlers having no idea where to bowl and just bowled junk, Lyon missing a runout so simple that a 10yo would've taken the ball, idiot Paine having no screwing idea what to do under pressure, making bad decision after bad decision, that idiot decision to review something that was never going to be out meant when that stupid fool umpire Wilson gave the plumbest of LBWs not out we had no reviews left. Just choke after choke.

Why was that fool umpiring after 10 bad decisions in the First Test. ICC need top be held responsible. To not give that LBW was incompetence in the extreme. To not have a review to cover for that fool was just as incompetent.

If Paine can't captain a side properly he has no business being there. At 35yo he's not as good as he was with the bat so he's now no value.

Reply #207
I presume a lot of people posting have seen how this ended, as Jim describes above it was a farce!

There was no being outplayed, we made Alan Donald look calm and collected!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #208
Disappointing result but Stokes is one of the premier all rounders in
the world and credit where its due he seems to stand up when England need him.
Smith in for Khawaja next test and I reckon Starc might play too.

One of the great innings but he shouldn't have been there for the winning runs. That LBW was hit middle and leg half way up. Both the umpire and Paine are f'ups.

Reply #209
One of the great innings but he shouldn't have been there for the winning runs. That LBW was hit middle and leg half way up. Both the umpire and Paine are f'ups.

We dished up the equivalent of 4 or 5 match winning goals missed from inside the goal square!

I appreciate it's hard to appreciate the pressure of the moment, but some of those are career ending mistakes, coach killers!
The Force Awakens!