Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57267 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #60
I dont see the point of yo-yoing Watson up and down.  Between the 1's and the 2's.  He is now big enough and old enough to at least park on an opposition forward, and get him to follow the bloke around all game.  Concede he is going to cost you some goals, and just let him get up to the pace of AFL football.

Particularly now with a 0-4 start, that booming kick, and not much else to replace Jamison.  You dont know what this kid might start doing regularly if he can get 10 games in a row at AFL level.

Sure there is as much chance it goes the other way, but we have nothing to lose now.  We wont be contesting for a top 4 spot from here without a serious turn of form, and Id rather not make up the numbers for the warm and fuzzies of playing finals football, as we have been there and done that now.

Would rather him forward. Hendo not going so well up forward and is always sure in defence so that's probably a win there as well

Reply #61
theres no way we're going to win this game
it takes a thick skin and serious resolve to hit back
we don't have that when things are going good.

Reply #62
theres no way we're going to win this game
it takes a thick skin and serious resolve to hit back
we don't have that when things are going good.

I do feel for Mick. I would be dreading what these guys might put up this weekend.

Reply #63
Could it possibly be worse than what we have dished up so far ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #64
These guys gave us trouble even when we were up and running.
Their young midfield will show the softc*cks like Murph and Gibbs how its done.
Minson will dominate the Ruck
Jones and Crameri will have a birthday up forward
Morris will blanket  whose ever turn it is to be our inaffective key forward this week.

Dogs by 45 points.

Reply #65
We'll I think I will just stay home and watch Cobram v Barroga at least both sides will be having a real dip sick of the drive to watch What we have been dishing up

Reply #66
Of course we can win this one.  Mick just needs to give the team licence to play one on one footy, pick the team on form, and put some effort into getting them ready to play.

That may be asking a little too much of the coach but, if he's worth the money we're throwing at him, he should be able to get the job done.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #67
I just listened to the longest grilling I have seen on FC of our great coach. Dodging every attach by the entire panel. Trying to defend the players. Trying to explain how close we are to being a good side. how unlucky we have been with a pre-season, injuries, lack of belief and confidence and so on. After hearing more than enough of what I can possibly take from a coach that believes he has the back of his playing squad. All the players support and back him as the coach he says. They all believe he is the one to lead them through this rot to greener pastures he claims. Back to a different position to where they are at the moment. Plain and simple Moe. Listen to me one and only one time here Moe.

If you group of scum sucking little girls pretending to be men can grow a pair and play like they really believe you for what you say, then maybe we can expect less than a 10 goal defeat. However if they are what we all believe them to be then we are going to be reamed by way more than 10 goals. In fact this entire club is a complete and utter joke. to watch what I have in the media is more embarrassing than anything I have lived through my entire life. In fact I am completely sorry for stating they play like girls. So sorry because girls have more heart and ticker than this group. It isn't a gender issue, but a lack of respect for the supporters and lack of passion, courage and desire to earn your ticket.

The ticket which is in fact your contract, you bunch of weak f@cks. Both you as a playing group and the coach need to be whipped with a cat and 9 tails. You bunch of weak pathetic f*cks. That was an interview I never ever want to see again. That makes me want to go and get a GCS membership to have something to look forward to over the next 2 years. That was just embarrassing like I haven't seen before.

Moe, the players have lost you. I have finally lost you. GTF out of this club before the supporters burn down all the stands at Visy Park. Go back to Larry and Curly and hand back the million you are wasting from the club at the moment. Just my anger speaking, but your come backs from past experience leaves me with no confidence at all. If we don't win this week, hang on when we don't win this week, you can go and get as far as I am concerned. Take Buttifant,  Laidley, Green and Baker with you as far as I am concerned.  We are completely rubbish and the media has seen this first hand tonight on FC. Even Lyon made Moe look bad. Carro, Hutch the knob, and Lloyd the loser too.

Bad retirement plan you picked Moe. Real bad plan indeed.  You chose a group that can't listen because they are plain and simply lazy. Gutless, weak, slow, rubbish, selfish, and good for nothing. That is what the real world outside the club see.

Now lets see what most of us supporters see. Yes we have hope. Yes we have a mathematical chance of playing finals footy. Yes we were slightly unlucky with injuries over the pre-season. Yes we are slightly down in confidence. Yes we have missed some scoring opportunities we should have scored. Yes we lack some 4 quarter efforts of following the game plan. Mick you are a legend and a track proven champion coach. you get the best out of the worst players. You make diamonds out of dog crap. You lift the world on your shoulders and carry little boys into battle against the worlds toughest gladiators. Great one Mick, we back you because you are our hero. Well done Mick you have done so much for so many years. You are just what this club has always needed.

Mick or Moe is all I ask ?????

Reply #68
@Mants
Mate I feel your pain but MM is one year and 4 games into his contract. He has brought in 4 quality players this draft in Cripps, Daisy, Everitt and Docherty. Next draft maybe more than 4 which shall represent nearly 50% of our list in just 2 years.

Malthouse has done this before and figured in 7 Grand finals. Unlike Pagan he is now at the helm of his 4th club.

Give him another year.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #69
Realistc and optimistic is so far apart it isn't funny. Just leaving it out there for others to judge. ;)

Reply #70
@Mants
Mate I feel your pain but MM is one year and 4 games into his contract. He has brought in 4 quality players this draft in Cripps, Daisy, Everitt and Docherty. Next draft maybe more than 4 which shall represent nearly 50% of our list in just 2 years.

Malthouse has done this before and figured in 7 Grand finals. Unlike Pagan he is now at the helm of his 4th club.

Give him another year.

No JK.  Malthouse was drafted in to provide what Ratten was judged incapable of; taking a promising playing group into the final four and winning a premiership.

The appointment of Malthouse is not really his fault, if you ignore his willingness to undermine a contracted coach and then deny any wrongdoing (not that he has a reputation for honesty).  It's symptomatic of a club that only achieved success in the recent past through bringing in saviours rather than doing the hard yards.

Four quality players in the draft?  That would be Cripps, who is promising but has a long way to go.  I suspect Giles may well be a better prospect, particularly with our fragile spine.

Everitt and Docherty were traded in and Thomas was acquired by paying overs through free agency.  The latter three may turn out OK but the jury is still out.  Who did Malthouse bring in hid first season?  Oh, that's right, he was too busy flogging his best selling book.

As a matter of interest, the turnover of our list at the end of 2013 was not that different to the turnover in previous seasons.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #71
Well said DJC, good to see Mick's not pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #72
Warnock's report got thrown out, so he is right to play. Should we ply him? Should we bring in Wood? At least he can act as a marking target.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #73
Warnock's report got thrown out, so he is right to play. Should we ply him? Should we bring in Wood? At least he can act as a marking target.

Why hasn't the club nominated Wood as a LTI replacement?

I can only assume that maybe they are not confident Wood can get through a season, or that they prefer to look at one of the other rookies instead.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74

Why hasn't the club nominated Wood as a LTI replacement?

I can only assume that maybe they are not confident Wood can get through a season, or that they prefer to look at one of the other rookies instead.
Have you seen our injure list, MC have prety much a full list to pick from,there is no LTI.  Kruezer is 12 weeks maybe could qualify, don't know the current state of play.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........