Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57242 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #75
Warnock's report got thrown out, so he is right to play. Should we ply him? Should we bring in Wood? At least he can act as a marking target.

Why hasn't the club nominated Wood as a LTI replacement?

I can only assume that maybe they are not confident Wood can get through a season, or that they prefer to look at one of the other rookies instead.

Given Wood's history, he may very well be of the same psyche as our group.

Malthouse knows him as well as anybody and exposing him to what the team is currently going through might simply break him forever.  I think he might also be of similar fortitude to our playing group and the sad part is that it seems really infectious and seems to effect everyone eventually.  I think we should see minimal changes aside from what is necessary until we can start getting a run of form together, because we are clearly completely out of form at the minute.

There is one game that our club absolutely must win and thats the Collingwood encounter.  It is firming as the match that will kick start our season now.  A win against any other team just wont matter, until we face them, and I would think we probably wont win till we play against them.  In fact, Crystal Balling, its the one match that I can see us winning, simply because there is a loss will just be a disaster that will break the club forever.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
Warnock's report got thrown out, so he is right to play. Should we ply him? Should we bring in Wood? At least he can act as a marking target.

I can only assume that maybe they are not confident Wood can get through a season, or that they prefer to look at one of the other rookies instead.

Mick was talking up Warnock on FC...2nd most tapouts ths season but when it was suggested he does bugger all else said he knows he has to improve.
Called him young Warnock....

Reply #77

Mick was talking up Warnock on FC...2nd most tapouts ths season but when it was suggested he does bugger all else said he knows he has to improve.
Called him young Warnock....

He did correct himself EB1.

He mentioned young ruckmen, Kreuzer and Warnock, then corrected himself that Warnock was 28 not young. But did say Warnock needed to do far more around the ground and that Warnock knows that. So I don't see that as a negative.

I thought the interrogation handed out by the Stooges was deliberate and misleading, they wanted to give MM a barrage of questions with barely enough time to answer them. They were trying to poke the bear and the bear didn't bite! I suppose that is why they call it the hot seat, but it was far hotter than it has been for any others and Mav alluded to that earlier!

When MM had his moment with Caro it was justified in my opinion, he basically told her to stop making stuff up and she didn't like it! She was arguing a case like she knew the thoughts of the individual players, she assumed they conformed to her perceptions! Lyon saw the situation degenerate so he jumped into change the subject before Caro could lose face, like she was ever going to win a debate on this issue with Malthouse!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Heard that the Dogs are  having trouble with their tall defenders, and that they might be forced to go in with a pretty short defence.\
Should we bring in Waite as a result.

Reply #79
Heard that the Dogs are  having trouble with their tall defenders, and that they might be forced to go in with a pretty short defence.\

Sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place when you drop a senior player and he doesn't perform in the reserves. I guess the old bloke knows what he's doing......or does he?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80

We are having trouble with our tall defenders too..I'd play Waite at CHB and get him into the game.

Casboult can have another go at FF along with Henderson at CHF....

Now if someone can tell Mick we need a good player on Dalhaus...not some kid in their first game or a player with no leg speed we
might be a chance....

Reply #81
Dalhaus is listed as having a calf issue, so he might not be 100% even if he plays.
Grant had a birthday against us last year, and he's not there this time round.
Morris and Roughhead out also.
Perfect chance for Levi and Waite to finally stand up.
If he cant do anything against an undersized defence, well then we might as well give up on them.

Reply #82

Won't help us much if Minson and the Dogs mids get hold of us, the ball will be heading in the wrong direction!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
I think we will get humped by the doggies (pardon the pun). I imagine the effort will better but we will just fall short.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #84
I have read a few times, Mick won't be instructing the ultra defensive game plan. Allowing the players to carry and run. This shoot out style could lift our confidence, but with turnovers, we could bleed heavy on the scoreboard when the ball comes the other way. Dogs carry the ball well and are not an easy side to stop. Plan "A" hasn't worked well and plan "B" could be just as bad. I hope I am wrong, but I also suspect I am not ATM.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #85
We need more options up forward IMHO, preferably 4 marking targets with 3 taller defenders down back.

Waite back in and he plays down back like I have been saying, and asking for.

Henderson, Casboult and two others forward. This week I'd be looking at Everitt, Walker and White as options.

Warnock to ruck.

Rowe, Waite and one other down back. If Jamison is out then looks like Watson has to come in.

I think we're getting caught out....and have been for more than a year IMO.....with not enough taller players down back or enough taller marking tagets (and mobile ones, or most of them mobile at least) up forward.

Reply #86
Our midfield looked so soft on the weekend. I would bring in Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield so we can be competitive.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #87
Our midfield looked so soft on the weekend. I would bring in Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield so we can be competitive.

Problem is we Can't kick and our disposal is shocking. So there is a gulf in class between our skilled players and hard nuts. These guys are not the answer to our disposal efficiency and will make it worse.

Really is quite depressing.

I would be bringing in Docherty ASAP.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset