Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57289 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #105
Id like to trial something different this week.

Tall defenders - Jamison, Rowe and Waite. They can take Crameri, Campbell and Jones. I don't mind Jones roaming around the wings/across the Doggies HB line to collect marks.
Marking targets up forward - Henderson, Casboult, Walker, Everitt and White. They rotate. The Doggies taller defenders could be stretched with enough quality ball supply which I must say is a BIG "IF"!!

Reply #106
We got chewed up last time we played them by their speed.  They are fast and take the game on.  Think this game will be won in the midfield.

Reply #107
Id like to trial something different this week.

Tall defenders - Jamison, Rowe and Waite. They can take Crameri, Campbell and Jones. I don't mind Jones roaming around the wings/across the Doggies HB line to collect marks.
Marking targets up forward - Henderson, Casboult, Walker, Everitt and White. They rotate. The Doggies taller defenders could be stretched with enough quality ball supply which I must say is a BIG "IF"!!

Crameri will be the problem..hard player to match up on....Jamo must be dodgy and I reckon we will start Henderson down back based on that.

Reply #108
We got chewed up last time we played them by their speed.  They are fast and take the game on.  Think this game will be won in the midfield.

I think you are right Age - our defence is likely to be under siege again and our forwards won't see the ball - well perhaps in the distance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #109
Crameri will be the problem..hard player to match up on....Jamo must be dodgy and I reckon we will start Henderson down back based on that.

I could have sworn Jammo went off the ground at least once with a shoulder problem, now the club says he had a calf issue, is that obfuscation?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110

I could have sworn Jammo went off the ground at least once with a shoulder problem, now the club says he had a calf issue, is that obfuscation?

Was on crutches after the game  last week...apparently

Reply #111

Was on crutches after the game  last week...apparently

Fair enough, he goes off the ground most games with a shoulder so I shouldn't be surprised.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
Dogs run hard and are spreading well from the contest - I wouldn't back Carlton this week unfortunately.

Minson will bash up our Rucks (Rowe, Casboult and Wood perhaps) and if the heat goes on the midfield our defenders will have plenty to do. I would not be surprised with a 5+ goal loss. Sorry for being negative but Carlton are devoid of confidence and direction right now - I just hope Cripps and young Buckley have good games.

Reply #113
Judd, Garlett, Watson, Bell, Waite. White  : In

Jammo, Menzel, Graham. Out

Reply #114
Judd returning better not be too soon. If something goes wrong, he could be out for a while. I'm not sure how happy I am with him back so soon.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #115
Could have at least given Graham a few runs at it. Got no idea why Garlett is in.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #119
Those changes make good sense.

Didn't rush Docherty into the side. Needs at least 1 more run in the magoos.

Graham has to get more grunt into his game. Gets plenty of the aggott at NBs level but even there fails to show a fierce attack at the ball and willingness to put his body on the line.

Jeffy didn't impress in the magoos but won't. Hope he learned whatever lesson he was meant to learn from being dropped.

If Juddy doesn't come up at Saturday morning's run I wonder who will come in for him. Have to be Bell or Lucas. Know who I'd rather if that were the case.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17