Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57290 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #120
Could have at least given Graham a few runs at it. Got no idea why Garlett is in.

well said mate. Completely wrong message.

Graham stunk it up last week. Looked all at sea on more then one occasion.

Yeah, you are right.

I mean, second game and all, coming on as a sub in a team playing so poorly their best player couldnt  get near it.

Graham should have dominated.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #121
Those changes make good sense.

Can't agree Baggers  ???

McLean busted his gut, Waite, Watson and Garlett did nothing in the NBs.  Graham needs a couple of games to pick up the tempo and show what he can do.  I guess we're so desperate for a win that we can't afford to give the lad a decent go.

Obviously very happy to see Judd back and I don't really know why Bell was dropped.

I suppose the Match Committee see things differently and that's why they're the Match Committee and I'm a supporter . . . and we're 0 and 4  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #122
WESTERN BULLDOGS v CARLTON

Sunday, April 20 at Etihad Stadium, 4.40pm (EST)

BULLDOGS

B: L.Picken, T.Young, E.Wood

HB: S.Higgins, T.Williams, R.Murphy

C: A.Cooney, R.Griffen, J.Macrae

HF: K.Stevens, S.Crameri, M.Wallis

F: L.Dahlhaus, L.Jones, D.Giansiracusa

Foll: W.Minson, M.Boyd, T.Liberatore

I/C (from): J.Tutt, J.Stringer, M.Bontempelli, L.Hunter, L.Jong, M.Talia, T.Campbell

IN: T.Campbell, L.Dahlhaus, M.Talia, M.Bontempelli

OUT: D.Morris

BLUES

B: A.Everitt, S.Rowe, L.Henderson

HB: Z.Tuohy, B.Gibbs, D.Thomas

C: E.Curnow, A.Carrazzo, C.Judd

HF: K.Simpson, A.Walker, D.Ellard

F: C.Yarran, J.Waite, L.Casboult

Foll: R.Warnock, P.Cripps, M.Murphy

I/C (from): D.Buckley, J.Garlett, K.Lucas, T.Bell, M.Watson, H.Scotland, S.White

IN: C.Judd, J.Waite, S.White, J.Garlett, M.Watson, T.Bell

OUT: M.Jamison, T.Menzel, N.Graham
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #123
With Judd back this should be a win, although there's still plenty of B graders in the side.
Can't agree with some here about Graham, he was very ordinary last week and you can't hand out senior games as encouragement, Bell has shown much more than him.
Rowe at full back scares me but the Doggies haven't had a key forward since Chris Grant so we might get away with it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #124
Not a fan of the one week in  then drop the young player policy.....Graham should have got another game IMO and given the chance to learn from the previous game. We have done the same thing with Bell and it doesnt work..Graham will get 30 possies for the NB's next game and learn nothing...its like Bell who goes back to the NB's..does it easy then gets promoted again after learning nothing.
This isnt development...its a coach desperate for a short term fix.

Reply #125
Not a fan of the one week in  then drop the young player policy.....Graham should have got another game IMO and given the chance to learn from the previous game. We have done the same thing with Bell and it doesnt work..Graham will get 30 possies for the NB's next game and learn nothing...its like Bell who goes back to the NB's..does it easy then gets promoted again after learning nothing.
This isnt development...its a coach desperate for a short term fix.

Graham was a late inclusion for Robbo last week, with Judd back and Cripps and Buckley doing well he had to make way.
He'll probably get more chances but he hasn't shown much in my opinion, I can't see him making it to be honest but I hope I'm mistaken
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #126
Hard to see Garlett getting a game, reports say he did Nada in the 2s.

Reckon Lucas and White will join him in the 2s.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
We are desperate for a win - team selection will reflect trying to achieve that rather than worrying too much about player development It's all driven by membership numbers atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #128
We are desperate for a win - team selection will reflect trying to achieve that rather than worrying too much about player development It's all driven by membership numbers atm.

True Cookie, but wouldn't that require picking the best 22 rather than hoping that the 22 picked will perform at their best rather than how their current form suggests.  On form, White, Bell and McLean would have to be considered, along with the mighty Judd.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #129

True Cookie, but wouldn't that require picking the best 22 rather than hoping that the 22 picked will perform at their best rather than how their current form suggests.  On form, White, Bell and McLean would have to be considered, along with the mighty Judd.

Well the best 22 on form is a judgement call by the MC isn't it - we've been baffled by their judgements on many occasions in the past. DJC, I didn't see the NBs game so I can't really comment on current form re. those guys you mention. Theoretically, White and Bell though could get a call up still - just leaves Brock from your list. MM said when he was left out that he wasn't doing certain things he should be (as per the gospel according to St. Mick) - maybe he still isn't? I just don't know.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130

Well the best 22 on form is a judgement call by the MC isn't it - we've been baffled by their judgements on many occasions in the past. DJC, I didn't see the NBs game so I can't really comment on current form re. those guys you mention. Theoretically, White and Bell though could get a call up still - just leaves Brock from your list. MM said when he was left out that he wasn't doing certain things he should be (as per the gospel according to St. Mick) - maybe he still isn't? I just don't know.

Brock's form was very average before he was dropped, his game against Richmond was abysmal, maybe it's that simple.
He'll need to buckle down I reckon or young Cripps will go straight past him, and I'm a fan of Brock.
Bell's an interesting one, he's tough, has attacking flair and can run all day but his skills let him down too often, do you persevere and hope they improve or tell him to fine tune them in the VFL?
Personally I like him in the seniors but I'm not sure we can afford both him and Robbo turning it over.

Reply #131
White is a waste of time IMO. Will never be a class performer.
Graham needed another run even though I'm not a real fan, but what's the point of giving him one run?
Same goes for Watson. If we're gonna play him, give him 3-4 games on the trot.

Drop Lucas.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #132
If our back line doesn't inflict fear into the opposition I don't know what will! (insert sarcastic eye roll here)
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #133
Surprised Lucas is got a run ahead of Watson given Jamison was out, but Waite being back in is probably a good thing down back with Judd and Bell into the midfield.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
Surprised Lucas is got a run ahead of Watson given Jamison was out, but Waite being back in is probably a good thing down back with Judd and Bell into the midfield.

Lucas is the new JR.  ;)
We should beat Footscray with Judd and Waite back but we'll need to watch Griffin, he might be too slick and strong for Curnow and he might be needed for Boyd anyhow, he had a ton of it last week.
Crameri worries me as well, he loves playing against Carlton, so does Cooney.