For the rest of the season should we

Play the kids
[ 15 ] (55.6%)
Give the likely discards one last shot
[ 7 ] (25.9%)
Play the team most likely to win us the game
[ 5 ] (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Topic: Play the kids or One last chance (Read 19641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Play the kids or One last chance

Reply #45
Option D

Play the team most likely to not win us the game
I lolled  ;D Draft picks?
Let Garlett and Waite play the rest of the year and see if they are worth keeping, FWIW i would keep both, but Micky M has different ideas i suspect.

Reply #46
Option D

Play the team most likely to not win us the game
I lolled  ;D Draft picks?
Let Garlett and Waite play the rest of the year and see if they are worth keeping, FWIW i would keep both, but Micky M has different ideas i suspect.

Garlett kicked 40 last year and did his job...not sure why he is out form and favour but given what be worth on the market(not much) you would
probably keep him...Waite has failed to deliver on his talent during his entire career and is also injury prone, I wouldnt offer another contract.

Reply #47
@EB1

I wouldn't keep White either. I'd be moving Lachie back into defence and looking for a KPF or 2.

Don't know about Jeffie - he's been out of sorts for some time and I'd really like to understand what his problem is before making the call. No doubt when he's on song he looks pretty bl00dy good.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
@EB1

I wouldn't keep White either. I'd be moving Lachie back into defence and looking for a KPF or 2.

Don't know about Jeffie - he's been out of sorts for some time and I'd really like to understand what his problem is before making the call. No doubt when he's on song he looks pretty bl00dy good.

I'm with you regarding White. I've gone off him this year. Move Hendo back to where he belongs, down back.
I'd keep Jeffy unless a good deal came along. He can be deadly when he is on song, most good teams have a zippy small who can kick goals.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #49
@cookie and DU

I think he meant Waite and it was a typo. White and talent definitely do not belong in the same sentence unless accompanied by 'lack of'. I agree re White, never rated him at all.

I think Waite still has plenty to offer, we just don't get the best out of him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
@cookie and DU

I think he meant Waite and it was a typo. White and talent definitely do not belong in the same sentence unless accompanied by 'lack of'. I agree re White, never rated him at all.

I think Waite still has plenty to offer, we just don't get the best out of him.

Ah ok, in that case I'd be happy for Waite to repay the faith and overpayment ( having played on average around half the available games over almost the entire period of his current contract due to injury and silly suspensions) by accepting a single year by year offer on unders.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #51
I did mean Waite but the same applies to White...dont think he is the answer down back at 190cm and not having the rebounding skills for the modern game that 3rd tall defenders need.

Reply #52
Waite is too hit or miss for me - can win games, can be a total d1ckhead. He's another aspect of our club I've grown weary of waiting for. Just can't rely on him. Trouble is, we are so short of good KP forwards we may have to hold on to him a bit longer.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Waite wont be here if Mick is so I guess one of us will get our wish.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54

I just can't see the point in getting rid of Waite - his value in trade has diminished and he offers depth which we don't have. We simply won't get value for him and his value to us is versatility.

Reply #55

I just can't see the point in getting rid of Waite - his value in trade has diminished and he offers depth which we don't have. We simply won't get value for him and his value to us is versatility.

Free agent. He'd probably pass the 500k hurdle for a first rounder but I also think it has to be for a number of years?

Reply #56

Free agent. He'd probably pass the 500k hurdle for a first rounder but I also think it has to be for a number of years?

I thought Waite was eligible for the veterans list now. There is another saving which we don't get by getting rid of him.

Reply #57
Yes but 400k to Waite and 600k for Judd opens up a mil and Mick has a job on the line.

I reckon a bunch of that has been eaten up resigning our number 1s though

Reply #58
or a player (Betts and Laidler) and he won't shift.

I suspect he's doing that now with who he will and won't play.

Amazing! Now Malthouse got rid of Betts now did he?

Someone else was coach last year ?

someone else responsible for getting Daisy.?

I must have missed it.

Betts was offered a contract and decided to go for bigger money at Adelaide, he was not discarded or got rid of. By your logic Ratten got rid of Jacobs, even bigger cock up.

and while we're at it Malthouse got rid of Laidler because he played like crap, he was only picked up by Sydney as a cheap last resort because they had a fire sale on second string players and Laidler was a bottom dollar last minute replacement. The fact that he's doing well in Sydney might have something to do with his relationship with Malthouse last year, or it may have something to do with the shock that no one wanted him and Sydney picked him up at the last minute, which could have given him the kick up the arse he needed.

Daisy is a calculated risk, it wasn't that long ago he was considered by many a top 5 player in the league. We needed more class and extroverts, Thomas fitted the bill. Sure we paid overs but you do most of the time to get someone out of their club. Betts was offered a reported 500K a year from Adelaide, we could have a gun goal kicking mid next season for only 200K more. He is getting better each game and hopefully without further injuries and a solid pre season he'll be right for 2015.

We need another solid year at the trade table like last season, get some more talent like a Docherty type, draft well which we'll be in a position to do a strong KP and a big midfielder at around 25. We have a base with Murphy, Gibbs, Yarran, Menzel, Henderson, Thomas, Buckley, Docherty. If things go our way and Kruezer comes back fit and well, Casboult works on his kicking, Cripps, Giles and Holman all have big pre seasons and Ed Curnow regaing his 2013 form. Plug in some role players like Everitt, White and Rowe.

Getting rid of three years wasted draft picks with Watson, Lucas and Bootsma will really hurt, that's why getting Docherty is a real bonus, we need to look at the top 30 picks from the last three seasons from out of state to see who's not getting a game and who would be of benefit by coming home. It would also help if they could play KP.