Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 43465 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: After Game Thread v Crows

Reply #30
A much much better performance from the boys, maybe we are getting our team back. Kudos to Barker for a much more entertaining game style. Many good prformances but Murph was the standout for me and I was very encouraged by Crpps (future star) and by Graham who will be a  very tough workhorse for us.

Looks like the endof the Judd era, sad to go out that way.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
People who say umpires don't influence the result of games sometimes are kidding themselves. Absolutely robbed in the last term. And at crucial stages too!!!
Even so, can we can finally see a bright future ahead, particularly from the kids in the team. We can hold our heads up high as supporters and as a Club tonight.
Great effort Blue boys!!!

Reply #32
Better effort but still disappointing as I thought we had our chances but turned the ball over at crucial times and let the Crows back in...losing Judd really hurt but I thought
Simpson, Murphy and Rowe stood up as leaders.
Happy with Graham and Buckley today, thought Buckley carried on from last week where he ran and carried the footy with dash and he has to stay in the starting 18 every game IMO. Graham is just starting to feel comfortable and credit to Barker for showing confidence in him...
Kruezer gave us something forward it was just a shame Jenkins gave them something a bit more down the other end...
Better cohesion and team spirit this week and it was an honest performance....

Losing Judd was a tragedy but it might make a few players like Murphy, Gibbs step up and Cripps is already a leader the way he puts himself in for the footy...
Been on Touhys case but he did a good job on Eddie and Levi's kicking has improved..

Reply #33
Really good.
Loved the attitude
Loved the run
Loved the support for one another for individual efforts
Loved to see a few players who have been down kick it up a notch.

The test is to keep it going. ;)

Reply #34
We get to add Yarran and Gibbs to todays team, Judds loss is devestating but will force the rest to step up. It will be intersted to see how we play out the year as we have more than enought talent to win 4-6 games and Barker is int ebox seat to stake his claim for the job.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Re: After Game Thread v Crowsfor.

Reply #35
Scoreline didn't flatter us. That was a genuine game that could've gone either way.

We had alot of out of the fulls and stuff up near goal. That goal square smother in the 2nd qtr that was rushed up the other end for a goal being an example. a 12 pt turnaround there alone.

Totally agree - just a horrible call by mbb....did you actually watch the game? Most stats heavily in our favour, better skills & decision-making & we win that game by about 6 goals.....without a shadow of a doubt.

Best game we've played for a very long time.....hardest I've barracked for a very long time, but the skills and the decision-making......*sigh*.....if only......

Judd: tragedy.

Kreuzer: triumph.

I tell ya one bloke who was ecstatic when Kreuzer took that mark in the 3rd, then even more excited when he goaled - and that was Hendo. Looked genuinely excited to have Kreuzer out there, really pleasing to see.

It was a real mixed bag today......so much to love, but as is the norm - also so much to get frustrated about. I can actually see a good team there wanting to achieve, but the skills just aren't what they need to be for most of them.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #36
The stats favour us every week and we still get smashed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37
The stats favour us every week and we still get smashed.

Nup - you've made a poor call with the scoring shots mbb, real poor.

On another topic.....Tuohy is a conundrum for mine: absolutely toweled Eddie like no-one has been able to this year - big tick. But with the ball in his hands.....OMFG, he was deadset headless - cross.

Reply #38
A poor call? The scoring shots are fact not opinion.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
As the confidence builds the turnovers will decrease.

They are learning to play footy again. Good time for the bye.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #40
Were you at the game? If you think the score line flattered us you didn't watch the game there was absolutely no time in the game where they played terribly and we were ok it was an even match throughout

Reply #41
Best team lost.

I know it's a bit of a contradiction and something that some people find unacceptable but that's how I feel. :D

Reply #42

You're saying the result flattered us because of that......I & most others who watched the game are saying that it was our lack of skill throughout the course of the game that prevented us from having more scoring opportunities. That also is fact. Your fact is the most simplistic of all & means nothing for those us who were at/watched the game on TV. Yep, you bet it's a poor call.

Reply #43
As I said in the in game thread, very sad for Judd that he's out of the game in that fashion.

Hopefully, the club will find a suitable way to honour him.

However, we all knew that this was his last season, and we have a ready replacement in Pat Cripps.

So it's goodbye to a legend, and a huge welcome to a player in Cripps, who if the Club look after him and he gets all the support he needs, and continues to mature and get better, will become the next great Carlton Champion.

Reply #44
As the confidence builds the turnovers will decrease.

They are learning to play footy again. Good time for the bye.

I hope your right.

If they can maintain that level of intensity and decrease the turnovers, the season won't have been a complete right off. It will also expose the serial offenders and make SOS's job easier.
IN WADA WE TRUST