Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 43549 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: After Game Thread v Crows

Reply #45
As the confidence builds the turnovers will decrease.

They are learning to play footy again. Good time for the bye.

I agree. Confidence and self belief can help keeps the skill level higher. It is a good time for the bye. Time to rest up and reflect on what needs to happen next. Tweak a few things here and there. Get some players back.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #46
Looking at the possible ins with Gibbs, Jamo and Yarran who goes out for Yarran and Jamo with Gibbs replacing Juddy?

Maybe Menzel? Tutt? Army? The latter 2 showed a lot of effort today however..

Reply #47
So upbeat tonight after what I witnessed today. Yeah we lost but fork me I have not been that entertained by us for a long long time. Definitely should have won, two crucial non frees to them for goals in the last term. We butchered many balls inside 50m. Players looked like they had been granted their freedom and they relished the opportunity.

Thought Tutt try as he might is just not up to it. Army also showed why he wont be here next year.

Murphy, tough courageous, never willing to take a backward step. Never seen this bloke before, even when he won the Coach's Award he didn't do stuff he did today. A real captain's game, if he plays like that on a consistent basis from now on we will win games.

Cripps. What more can you say. This kid makes some amazingly inspirational plays. Will be something special.

Bucks. Exciting, untapped potential. Needs to be given the license to run.

Finally my man Nicky Graham, didn't do too much in the first half but I thought he laid some ripping tackles in the second half, won some hotly contested ball in the forward half and kicked a ripper goal. This was a pretty fierce contest and he showed he is right up to it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
Looking at the possible ins with Gibbs, Jamo and Yarran who goes out for Yarran and Jamo with Gibbs replacing Juddy?

Maybe Menzel? Tutt? Army? The latter 2 showed a lot of effort today however..

Tutt and Army must make way.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
I cannot say I agree with you about Armfield. He pops up and does some very good things and generally is trying for most of his games. Gets score on the board or at least assists to us getting a score. Sure his kicks are sometimes way off, but we have others that are bigger butchers of the ball.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #50
Tutt and Army must make way.

Tutt yes despite a much better effort from him, but I think Army has his nose slightly ahead of Menzel ATM. Statistically they are close (although Army tackles more) but Army's weapon is his pace and he's used it well this year.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #51
Armfield has no future
all run no skill
Menzel needs more of an engine and strength. ..

Reply #53
Tutt yes despite a much better effort from him, but I think Army has his nose slightly ahead of Menzel ATM. Statistically they are close (although Army tackles more) but Army's weapon is his pace and he's used it well this year.

But we need to build for the future JK, and Menzel is a part of that, Army isn't. That's my take on it. Menz gives us that extra tough of class, he will get better with more gametime.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
Poignant moment Juddy going off on the buggy, a measure of the respect of the man with Adelaide fans also giving him a standing ovation as he left the ground.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
So upbeat tonight after what I witnessed today. Yeah we lost but fork me I have not been that entertained by us for a long long time. Definitely should have won, two crucial non frees to them for goals in the last term. We butchered many balls inside 50m. Players looked like they had been granted their freedom and they relished the opportunity.

Thought Tutt try as he might is just not up to it. Army also showed why he wont be here next year.

Murphy, tough courageous, never willing to take a backward step. Never seen this bloke before, even when he won the Coach's Award he didn't do stuff he did today. A real captain's game, if he plays like that on a consistent basis from now on we will win games.

Cripps. What more can you say. This kid makes some amazingly inspirational plays. Will be something special.

Bucks. Exciting, untapped potential. Needs to be given the license to run.

Finally my man Nicky Graham, didn't do too much in the first half but I thought he laid some ripping tackles in the second half, won some hotly contested ball in the forward half and kicked a ripper goal. This was a pretty fierce contest and he showed he is right up to it.

Agree with all this, but your namesake has passed it.  Can't see him playing next year.

Reply #57
@Mondy

Thought he was really good today mate. Really good. You'd think this is his last year. Can't cover the ground like he used to and that was one of his strengths.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58
18 touches, 39 hitouts and a goal to Sam Jacobs today, and we wouldn't play him ahead of Warnock and Hampson.
We've made some almighty stuff ups on our way to the bottom.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #59
@Mondy

Thought he was really good today mate. Really good. You'd think this is his last year. Can't cover the ground like he used to and that was one of his strengths.

Butchered the ball a few times and seems slow.  He wasn't awful, and like everyone else, put in an effort.  But I'd drop him before dropping a player like Graham.