Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton (Read 18909 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton

Reply #45
Some people need to read job descriptions.
Is SOS head of recruiting or match committee ?

List Management, so neither....

He'd have a fair idea about the fellas from GWS and it is naive to think he wouldn't let his opinion be known.

Club doesn't publish the MC anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if SOS was on it.

Reply #46
Thanks for the link.

Gees Watson can kick given time with the ball 

Can he what....that first one had to be 60m !  And kicking from 50 was a breeze.  He looked ok mobility wise too.  One bit of play caught my eye, Jaksch attack on the the ball, clean pick up on the run & goal from around 45.  Showed some class there.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #47
I'd actually like to think Silvagni is having some input into team selections.
Hopefully he and Barker are working together to give some of the fringe players an opportunity to show their stuff before hard decisions are made.

We are going to need to cull a few players at the end of the year. As we've seen some players can perform better playing a different style of game. You'd hate to let one of these guys go and see them develop at another club in exactly a role we end up lacking.

A couple at a time, give these players two or three games in a row and then stamp their papers...or in some cases put a new paper in front of them to sign.

Reply #48
I'd actually like to think Silvagni is having some input into team selections.
Hopefully he and Barker are working together to give some of the fringe players an opportunity to show their stuff before hard decisions are made.

We are going to need to cull a few players at the end of the year. As we've seen some players can perform better playing a different style of game. You'd hate to let one of these guys go and see them develop at another club in exactly a role we end up lacking.

A couple at a time, give these players two or three games in a row and then stamp their papers...or in some cases put a new paper in front of them to sign.

I'm sure SOS would be working closely with Barker at this time as both are primarily focused currently on developing our list. Giving each of our players a fair run in a controlled way would be a concern of both I would think.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
When Baker got the job he said something like he'd be working with SOS to asses the list.

I took it to mean that they would have a plan to have a look at certain players on the list through seeing who gets games.

I would be surprised if we didn't see guys like Holman, Graham (happening now), Boek, KJ etc get some blocks of games and not with the vest on.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #50
When Baker got the job he said something like he'd be working with SOS to asses the list.

I took it to mean that they would have a plan to have a look at certain players on the list through seeing who gets games.

I would be surprised if we didn't see guys like Holman, Graham (happening now), Boek, KJ etc get some blocks of games and not with the vest on.

I don't think they need to assess someone like Jaksch, he just needs to get himself right.

But the rookies had better be given a run here and there to see how they go, they have to demonstrate an ability to step up a level.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
I don't think they need to assess someone like Jaksch, he just needs to get himself right.

But the rookies had better be given a run here and there to see how they go, they have to demonstrate an ability to step up a level.

Of course they need to asses KJ.

His pre-season form was solid but he's had injuries and form drop off since.

They need to see what this kid brings before the seasons out, it will determine what type o player he is, where he should play (some talk he might be a forward eventually) and that impacts on recruiting, trading and drafting.

I'd like to see him i a side that has Rowe and Jamo going well and KJ gets the third tall, basically getting the role White is doing now, although White is getting the second tall sometimes.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................