Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations (Read 60611 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #105
Spot on. Boy he is really weak in some contests. The blokes like Everitt and White that looked okay in a shight side really stand out as poor players when the team is up and running.

wouldnt it be better to work on the weakness? he has upside
baby bathwater - just saying

Reply #106
Everitt kicked three goals.....

You are letting your anti-MM bias get in the way..

Just remember that Cripps was recruited under MM

Actually just calling it how I saw it mate but there you go. The poster that initially posted it, what's their excuse?

@thrunthru

I guess but he's no spring chicken!

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107
Actually just calling it how I saw it mate but there you go. The poster that initially posted it, what's their excuse?

@thrunthru

I guess but he's no spring chicken!

When you called it were you looking through the flames of a burning MM effigy? >:D

Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #109
I could only listen on radio. When Docherty took that game saving mark in the dying seconds the commentators said it was the only thing he'd done right all day.

Yet some people here have him as one of our best.  Comments?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #110
I could only listen on radio. When Docherty took that game saving mark in the dying seconds the commentators said it was the only thing he'd done right all day.

[/quote
I thought he was good with being great, it's the age old thing, every one has an opinion and judge on different aspects of the game. Same was said off Everritt & carrots on one of the threads

Reply #111
I think you'll find that Walsh might be the 4th leg in the quaddie!!

Walsh is another Blue Collar worker and the lad is a good player who I have been pushing up for  but we probably need a Pendlebury/Bontempelli type to compliment what we have
coming through. Bell is improving but still a rough diamond, Graham is smart for his size and lack of leg speed   but we need a 190cm silky player who can deliver the footy and give
Cripps some support in the creative area especially by foot.
Holman is a tagger and Whiley another coalface player, we just need that one classy tall mid...hence I was keen on Laverde last draft.....I like Greg Clark from WA in this upcoming draft, probably not as gifted as Pendles or the Bont but along those lines in size and poise..

Reply #112

Docherty also laid a game saving tackle

https://twitter.com/C_Filippo23/status/612183180074876928/photo/1

Reply #113
Wasn't just the tackle but also the chase down that led to the tackle.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
Wasn't just the tackle but also the chase down that led to the tackle.

Yeah, Docherty is a gun

Don't know what the commentator on the radio was talking about.

Reply #115

It confirms one thing, most commentators are full of sh1te and they spend more time perusing, analysing and ravaging the sandwich platter than the game! The are a bunch of PiPs(Past it Pigs) getting fat at the feed trough that is the AFL!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116

As I stated earlier, how about the tackle just, what, a minute beforehand? Last tackle to have an entire block of Carlton supporters out of their seats like that was dog Brown's.

Reply #117
As I stated earlier, how about the tackle just, what, a minute beforehand? Last tackle to have an entire block of Carlton supporters out of their seats like that was dog Brown's.

Doc was pretty good.

Also set the tone the match with the first act of the day, the ripping of Wingard in the marking contest which caused him to fall awkwardly and a gave away 50m.

I didn't give a screw because it was aggressive and put the flogs on notice.

Our first quarter was full of this stuff and it was great. Wingard and Gray, like the champs they are, responded and played well but the rest of the pumpkins felt the pressure and fumbled and bumbled and gave us 4 first 1/4 goals.

That's what the Hawks do, they tell everyone on the field, with their actions, that every time you touch the ball (and sometimes when you don't) you are gunna get dealt with.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #118
Nice to read the media doing a hatchet job on Gibbs, we must be on the right track!

If it had been Dangerfield doing the tackle it would have been all about how good it was!

And nice to see Port squealing like bitches, not the coach he was quite rational, but the past it hacks and supporters. I suppose things never change, they were always the bleater's of the SANFL as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
Nice to read the media doing a hatchet job on Gibbs, we must be on the right track!

If it had been Dangerfield doing the tackle it would have been all about how good it was!

And nice to see Port squealing like bitches, not the coach he was quite rational, but the past it hacks and supporters. I suppose things never change, they were always the bleater's of the SANFL as well!

:))

Nice to see some normality returning to the world..........
Reality always wins in the end.