Skip to main content
Topic: The Hard Road To The Premiership  (Read 60591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Hard Road To The Premiership

Reply #225
Every club Neil Craig goes to prospers only  when he leaves, said this before but what numptie plays Taylor Walker in the SANFL for most of the season....Craig hasnt got a clue IMO and is past his use by date...
There's that age argument again ::)
There are a number of reasons why Walker was played in the SANFL back then, the main was probably that he was immature, lazy, flog. Thankfully, the penny dropped for him before it was too late.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #226
There's that age argument again ::)
There are a number of reasons why Walker was played in the SANFL back then, the main was probably that he was immature, lazy, flog. Thankfully, the penny dropped for him before it was too late.

Craigs history speaks for itself.....apart from his hometown Crows, the only gigs he could get were with bottom teams Melbourne, Essendon and us.....no decent teams wanted him
We need a winning ex coach as coaching Director not a perennial loser like Craig whose finals winning record was only 33% and IMO he was/is a poor tactician...Bolton is a novice coach and needs better
than Craig helping him out...

Reply #227
Craigs history speaks for itself.....apart from his hometown Crows, the only gigs he could get were with bottom teams Melbourne, Essendon and us.....no decent teams wanted him
We need a winning ex coach as coaching Director not a perennial loser like Craig whose finals winning record was only 33% and IMO he was/is a poor tactician...Bolton is a novice coach and needs better

You would think that Juddy will be looking to get the best possible people on board in the Footy Dept when he takes over as Footy Director. He would know all about NC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #228
You would think that Juddy will be looking to get the best possible people on board in the Footy Dept when he takes over as Footy Director. He would know all about NC.

We don't really have a "Director of Football"

I understand Judd is to replace Bear Gleeson on the board, Gleeson's board portfolio is List Management.

Carlton's football executive if we have one is basically a panel with Gleeson, Mathieson, Trigg, McKay, Bolton, Silvagni and Craig.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #229
So if you read my post, I mentioned nothing about tactics etc, I referred to his teaching/development skills and high performance training credentials, the latter being unquestionable. I think he is a good fit for us given his role so lets just agree to disagree on this one.
As a matter of interest, who would you suggest would be a better option?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #230
Fair point Cookie, be interesting to see if he makes a move on this when he comes on board.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #231
My expectation is that Juddy will either request, or be given some authority (be it in a different role or not) to fill gaps with the right people. He'll also attract people by nature of his elite unique contribution to the sport. That will be a little bonus for the club. There may even be some changes in roles to respond to the rebuild environment, which likely varies from the 'there abouts' environment. Of course, I don't have a clue, but it's fun thinking through the issues we face, and hearing from fellow passionate supporters ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #232
We don't really have a "Director of Football"

I understand Judd is to replace Bear Gleeson on the board, Gleeson's board portfolio is List Management.

Carlton's football executive if we have one is basically a panel with Gleeson, Mathieson, Trigg, McKay, Bolton, Silvagni and Craig.

Judd was reported in the Hun as returning to CFC in the capacity of Football Director. I recall the article being posted on this site by Kruddler.

Reply #233
I may be wrong but ....I think the position won't be so much a "real hands on one" but he will be the Director with oversight of the football department.

Reply #235
I think the position won't be so much a "real hands on one" but he will be the Director with oversight of the football department.

He will certainly be "active" if my understanding of the man is correct. I can't see him just being there to enjoy the G and Ts.  :)

Reply #236
According to the CFC website, Gleeson's board portfolio is List Management.

Very cryptic. 

EDIT : as stated by LP.

Reply #237
He will certainly be "active" if my understanding of the man is correct. I can't see him just being there to enjoy the G and Ts.  :)

The thing is that we have specific people in the football department roles.
We don't want Judd trying to do everyone's job or we'll be heading for conflict.
Andrew McKay is the man in charge of the day to day football operations...a Director is more of an oversight position rather than a hands on one.

Reply #238
We have no Football Director, that is were the article is going wrong;

Quote from: Unattributed Report
Judd, who has signed a three-year deal said current football director Adrian Gleeson would hand over to him at the end of the footy season,

Gleeson has "List Management" as part of his board concerns, a role he shares with Mathieson. In effect they have oversight on recruiting, not staff appointments.

Perhaps The Judge has created a new role for Judd, I think if I recall correctly the Board has the discretion to appoint up to two people to the board. Judd may be one of the few appointments they could make that would not be seen as a backwards step.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #239
The thing is that we have specific people in the football department roles.
We don't want Judd trying to do everyone's job or we'll be heading for conflict.
Andrew McKay is the man in charge of the day to day football operations...a Director is more of an oversight position rather than a hands on one.

Sure but he will be hopefully keeping an eye on things and ensuring all is well. If this is not the case he will highlight this to the board for action - isn't that what we want??