Skip to main content
Topic: The Hard Road To The Premiership  (Read 60949 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Hard Road To The Premiership

Reply #180
The club should be encouraging that from Casboult, not discouraging it.

His issues can be fixed with or without my scenario happening. Its not one or the other.

His greatest asset besides his marking ability is his body size/shape and the physicality that brings with it.

We are not playing netball. Use that strength of his to our advantage and take out the oppositions greatest strength.
I'd take a report from him every year if it means we see that aggression out of him regularly

Physicality done right, without getting reported is fine with me. As I see it, the more games he plays, the more goals he kicks, the greater chance he has of hanging around. The more games he plays, the more of a chop out he can give to the young blokes. If he gets reported twice, that's between 3-5 weeks out of the game. As I said earlier, I'm not sure he can do it in a clever enough way. And going from memory, I don't think his tribunal record is all that great. If someone can confirm. I'd appreciate that.

Reply #181
Quite apart from anything above, from the evidence thus far in the JLT series, we can barely clear the ball from a stoppage without turning it over. Based on this, we are so far away from worrying about rough stuff, perhaps this discussion is moot.

Reply #182
Quite apart from anything above, from the evidence thus far in the JLT series, we can barely clear the ball from a stoppage without turning it over. Based on this, we are so far away from worrying about rough stuff, perhaps this discussion is moot.

Yes the road to the premiership is indeed a very hard one - we don't appear to even be on it, we're on the road to somewhere else it seems?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #183
Yes the road to the premiership is indeed a very hard one - we don't appear to even be on it, we're on the road to somewhere else it seems?

Reply #184
The thing is, you cannot keep finishing last and turning over large numbers of players.

If you do your fate is sealed, because to succeed in the AFL the first thing you need is a team, and you don't form a team by turning over 1/3 of the list every post-season.

You have to show some direction to attract decent middle tier players, at the moment can someone tell me what is our direction, where is our plan?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #185
The thing is, you cannot keep finishing last and turning over large numbers of players.

If you do your fate is sealed, because to succeed in the AFL the first thing you need is a team, and you don't form a team by turning over 1/3 of the list every post-season.

You have to show some direction to attract decent middle tier players, at the moment can someone tell me what is our direction, where is our plan?

I agree.

Reply #186
Our middle tier lacks any quality, I could name about 20 blokes in this part of the list and they're all rubbish at AFL level.

That's why we are crap.  A few top enders, a few talented kids and the rest are boat anchors making up the numbers and taking match payments under false pretences.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #187
Players like Levi, Jaksch and Jones are the reason we won't attract a star or good middle tier player, they see the hurt when the hard earned opportunities are burned.

Make no mistake, nobody likes their hard work being wasted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #188
The problem with the road to the premiership is that it's filled with a lot of forks.
It can be a rocky road and as we approach each fork we see that one path looks a bit rough and worn and another shiny and new.
We choose the shiny new path only to see it turn into a bog a few miles down the track.

But sometimes you have to push on through that bog a little longer to get back onto the bitumen again. ;)

My concern is not so much that we won't improve this year as the fact that we can't afford not to show some positive signs...because as a club we're running out of road.

Reply #189
My concern is not so much that we won't improve this year as the fact that we can't afford not to show some positive signs...because as a club we're running out of road.

Exactly!

We are exactly where many in the AFL want us. Furthermore Fitzpatrick did us no favours when he had the opportunity to repeat the bias exhibited by his predecessors like Evans, Kennedy and Oakley.

Do people think the success of CheastFC, Dawks and Crows was an accident?

Fitzpatrick stupidly thought doing the right thing would judge him kindly, but his counterparts are laughing behind his back! Success and strength in the AFL only comes with a little help, like the help CheatsFC is now receiving!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #190
The problem with the road to the premiership is that it's filled with a lot of forks.
It can be a rocky road and as we approach each fork we see that one path looks a bit rough and worn and another shiny and new.
We choose the shiny new path only to see it turn into a bog a few miles down the track.

But sometimes you have to push on through that bog a little longer to get back onto the bitumen again. ;)

I've heard of methadone overdose, but this is new - metaphor overdose.............

Just kidding lods.

Reply #191
I've heard of methadone overdose, but this is new - metaphor overdose.............

Just kidding lods.

You should have seen it before I trimmed it.... Hobbits trolls dragons!!! ;D

Reply #192
You should have seen it before I trimmed it.... Hobbits trolls dragons!!! ;D

The ability to self edit is an important one on these forums.

Reply #193

Whatever road we are on Lods, seems like we are riding in the Deadwood Stage unfortunately. (See my post in the other game thread).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #194
The ability to self edit is an important one on these forums.

That takes all the fun out of it!

Imagine the bar at the local Pub or RSL if you could edit your comments?

Boring! :D
The Force Awakens!