Skip to main content
Topic: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy (Read 29201 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy

Reply #90
Looks like another in the series will be launched shortly and the 2 minute teaser looks as good as the others. New set of young guys down in Tassie with the coach.  

https://t.co/Uz9QmgRtmM?ssr=true

Reply #91
New 'Journey' now up.  Only watched the first 5 minutes and I love it already.  Talk about teaching life skills!!!

Reply #92
Just finished it, really good, look like a good group of kids. SPS is very impressive ;)

Reply #93
WOW!! This crop of kids is smart, articulate (Fisher and Polson especially) and very confident.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
WOW!! This crop of kids is smart, articulate (Fisher and Polson especially) and very confident.

I believe English is Sammo's 2nd language. One that he's only recently acquired. If we could speak 'language' I'm sure he'd be equally impressive.

Yes, another very impressive group of young men. Let's hope this journey helps the avoid breaking bones in pub brawls ;)

Well done CFC.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #95
As with last year, it is very clear that a lot of thought has gone into identifying draft picks with footy ability and good, strong characters.

The Tassie trip is such a great way bring new recruits into the club; it's a bit like an abbreviated version of basic training in the military, but with a lot more emphasis on mutual support and individual achievement in a team environment.

Anyone who has any doubts about our club being in good hands should be re-assured after watching this instalment of the Journey.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #96
As with last year, it is very clear that a lot of thought has gone into identifying draft picks with footy ability and good, strong characters.

The Tassie trip is such a great way bring new recruits into the club; it's a bit like an abbreviated version of basic training in the military, but with a lot more emphasis on mutual support and individual achievement in a team environment.

Anyone who has any doubts about our club being in good hands should be re-assured after watching this instalment of the Journey.

x2. Great initiative, CFC. Great.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #97
I believe English is Sammo's 2nd language. One that he's only recently acquired. If we could speak 'language' I'm sure he'd be equally impressive.

Yes, another very impressive group of young men. Let's hope this journey helps the avoid breaking bones in pub brawls ;)

Well done CFC.
Just on SPS, I heard on SEN this morning that he wants to be called Sammo. They reckon its because his Grandfather was Sam and it is disrespectful to use the same name. Interesting, didnt know that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98

X3
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #99
Once again big tick.

With Bolton, I don't have any qualms about the personality type.  He is the sort of person you would love to work for as he seems hard but fair, supportive but even measured in terms of looking at inputs vs outputs.  Will praise the good stuff, and be constructive on the poor stuff, always linking it back to the values of the organisation.

We have a great manager of people.

What we don't know about is his ability to be an AFL senior coach.  Tactically, I think it's hard to mark someone with a younger group of players, as they are still in the process of implementation of system.  There will always be teething problems, particulary when compared to mature systems (i.e. Hawthorn, West Coast, Bulldogs et al) and there are always going to be the type of players that are incompatible with said systems that lurk around footy clubs which means that in can take time to get to a point where these players are no longer in the best lineup due to their ability to perform in that system vs their peers.  The perfect example of this is Levi.  He is easily a walk up start with us, but we need someone more competant in the ground level forward pressure, and finishing of work in that role.  Until we identify one, he weakens the system.

At the end of the day, I hope that we stick with Bolton, as we have a truly competant human being here, who even if he is short tactically of being a great AFL coach has all the attributes that should see him get there by the time his career is over (unless the Carlton Football Club culture has something else to say about it).

Under no circumstances, should we think that sacking Bolton is a good idea based upon what I have seen of him as a person, and his particular skill set and methodology. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #100
Such a good initiative. Gives the rank and file a good view as to induction into the club.

Has anyone else seen the video on membership with Dave Hughes, Pang et al? So good! Whoever is in charge of marketing at the club now is doing a great job!

Reply #101
yep the Membership Video is really well done!

Bolton takes no prisoners behind that happy exterior.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #102
Just on SPS, I heard on SEN this morning that he wants to be called Sammo. They reckon its because his Grandfather was Sam and it is disrespectful to use the same name. Interesting, didnt know that.

In Aboriginal culture, once a family member has passed they generally don't say that name again. So if Mary passes away and were to come up in conversation she would be referred to as Margaret's Sister, or Bob's Aunty etc.

Reply #103
In Aboriginal culture, once a family member has passed they generally don't say that name again. So if Mary passes away and were to come up in conversation she would be referred to as Margaret's Sister, or Bob's Aunty etc.
Thanks for that NM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #104

It depends on where you are.  Many Woiwurrung/Wurundjeri women are named Jemima after a particularly strong ancestor and cross-generational use of given names is common among Victorian Aboriginal families. There's still an avoidance of referring to a deceased person by name, at least for a few years and terms like "that old fella", "brother boy" and "sister girl" are used.

In some places where traditional names are used, people are given an Anglo name because that can continue to be used when a shared traditional name must change due to a death.  I met a bloke whose "Anglo" name was Musso, short for Mussolini.  He was born in the late 30s and his brother's "Anglo" name was Hitler!

If SPS wants to be called Sammo out of respect for his grandfather, then Sammo it is!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball