Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 28769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
Instagram page "aflcentral" running with a picture of SOS saying he will make his debut against the Filth on Sat night. Hmmm, intersting. Dunno what info they have given teams dont come out until 6.30pm.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Is that Instagram page even remotely legit?

Reply #63
I predicted before the Saints game that they would wait till a home game to play him if his form continued. Thought I read he was injured last week though?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
It's everywhere now.  He's playing.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65
It's everywhere now.  He's playing.

If he's ready and available then great - look forward to seeing him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
HS running with it saying "The Herald Sun has confirmed the 18-year-old will be named in the team to face the Magpies after good form in the VFL as a goalkicking forward."

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #67
Ready or not, here he comes!

Reply #68
SOJ has already been an emergency hasn't he?

From watching "the Journey" last night, it seems that being named as an emergency is done to help with the transition to seniors.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #69
Romantic isn't it.  Carlton royalty making his debut against the sworn enemy at the home of football on a Saturday night!

Let's hope he's in because he's mentally and physically ready, he has the correct match up and is part of the right forward combination to exploit the Collingwood back.

NOT a marketing ploy to get 10,000 more supporters to a potentially large gate game. 

Reply #70
Just wondering, why all the questions about SOS (is he ready physically, is he ready mentally, etc) and none about C Curnow when he was selected early on?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #71
Just wondering, why all the questions about SOS (is he ready physically, is he ready mentally, etc) and none about C Curnow when he was selected early on?
I certainly had questions, but Curnow answered them as best he could. The other thing was that Curnow is that much older the SOJ and went through a lot more of the pre-season.
I also think that there were a lot less expectations riding on Charlie's shoulders. We were expected to be ordinary and the idea of blooding kids was high on the agenda. He was a high pick and supposedly 'more ready'.
After his driving escapade, that piece of wisdom was certainly proved to be dubious.
No, I think simply that there were fewer expectations on him. We were expected to try out youngsters while we were losing. Instead we are competitive most weeks and a lot closer to finals' contention than anyone could have imagined. Our recruiters have been hailed as genius candidates for what they have done, and our coaching staff have been hailed similarly. Now the idea of simply blooding kids for the sake of trying them out looks unreasonable. Into this situation comes a young kid who was not expected to play this year with a famous name and 550 games of brilliance weighing on his shoulders.

Funny thing this football. The 'facts' seem irrelevant: it is how we look at then that counts.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
@Crash Fair reply as usual. At the end of the day, every bloke on the list has KPIs to meet, if they do that and there is a spot, they play. Its that simple. Smaller more fragile blokes that SOS have played AFL, if they think he's ready to go I trust their judgement. What will be important is that his team mates look after him. Like BB told the boys rnd one when JW made his debut, he told them to "look after him", and they did (not that he needed it).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
Wonder if Jaksch or Jones will get a recall? If not and Jack gets a gig their futures with us take another hit.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #74
Curnow is almost 12 months older, played a lot more football in the past 18 months and wasn't coming off significant shoulder injury. Plus all the other reasons mentioned previously.