Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #151
It's a huge bonus to be able to get a final into blokes like he, Belly, McInnes and Curnow.

absolutely, bell especially.

He is the type of player who will make or break a final
Watching the last qtr yesterday Bell throw his body in like these no tomorrow, stepped up to pot that crunch goal.  Getting a final into him will only see him improve next year. 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #152
Bell should have got more games during the year and is a player who needs work to improve...he is still raw, has sloppy disposal, tackles in a crazy fashion at times but has the ability to change games and has to be perservered with...

Reply #153
It's a huge bonus to be able to get a final into blokes like he, Belly, McInnes and Curnow.

absolutely, bell especially.

He is the type of player who will make or break a final
Watching the last qtr yesterday Bell throw his body in like these no tomorrow, stepped up to pot that crunch goal.  Getting a final into him will only see him improve next year.

he will become a barometer player. Bell is a smarter version of robinson.
His development will depend heavily on the strength of the football dept.
I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs enquire about him, more than others at trade week.
we'd be stupid to trade him - but we're good at being stupid

Reply #154
Don't think Bell will be traded - he's definitely part of our future IMO. Same for Curnow who is developing very well IMO, contrary to my own expectations I might add.  :-[
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #155
I though Duigan was cooked but he was extremely good yesterday.

Unfortunately Duigan, Robbo and Bell all have the same problem i.e. despite their ability to do the really tough stuff, their decision making and disposal can be a bit ok or iffy.

If they are all ok we are fine and win, but if they are all iffy we lose.

On balance, I'd prefer guy's who give 100% but might eff up, to guy's who give 90% but choose when they go.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #156
A great comeback win !! Woohoo, go Blues

I missed the 1st qtr, and the 2nd qtr did my confidence no good at all. I saw a better effort in the 3rd qtr but we didn't turn it into scoreboard pressure.

Our 4th qtr was simply amazing, and shows me that we do have something to work with, but we must work on our consistency to be a better side.

I give us a real chance to beat the Tiges next week, IMO it would be good for our team to play a top 4 team in the 2nd week to remind our senior guys and show the younger guys what is required to play good winning finals football.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #157
Bell should have got more games during the year and is a player who needs work to improve...he is still raw, has sloppy disposal, tackles in a crazy fashion at times but has the ability to change games and has to be perservered with...

Exactly ..... and I see in him, enormous potential, commitment and (above all) strength.  You get rid of him and you kill initiative on a useless quest to correct, what under education, may well be temporary errors.

Reply #158
Lucky we won, Adelaide and Norf would have passed us with their %
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #160
Our 4th qtr was simply amazing, and shows me that we do have something to work with, but we must work on our consistency to be a better side.

Agree this list is not that bad.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161
Please dont get fooled(our list not bad) 39 odd ptsdown,if you think about the whole year you we realise we need massive changes.On sen they said we are still a failure and i agree. NOW lets kick rich arse.

Reply #162
Our list isn't bad but it isn't good, hence why we have finished 8th/9th.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #163

Agree this list is not that bad.

Its not that bad if we trade a few free-loaders and get some players in that have leadership ability we might move along O.K. Players with X-factor need to bring something to a game, every game. Most of the game in fact. Trade a few weak links out and watch the others lift their work rate. Delist a few and watch the entire squad crap its pants if those players don't get a gig at another club.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #164
Don't think Bell will be traded - he's definitely part of our future IMO. Same for Curnow who is developing very well IMO, contrary to my own expectations I might add.  :-[

Bell has a deal to be upgraded...Essendon offered last year but we wanted to keep him as a rookie so we had to do a deal where we would upgrade him the next year.