Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115382 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #120
This is awesome everyone is up and about pumped great to see.  So frightened of us losing but so excited to be there bring it on smash them and let’s keep rolling on…

Best time of year this finals football our team is playing and the horses start rolling out for the spring…  Only problem is we have to wait till Sunday for it..

Reply #121
The pressure is on Richmond, we fell into the finals remember?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #122

Heard KB on SEN earlier as I was out in the car. Our finals entry was described as a "wild card" and KB stated that in his opinion there should be no wildcard entries in the finals...hehehehe! Reckon he can definitely hear footsteps.  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #123
I agree and Wallsy has already pointed out they they were celebrating too much over making the finals without actually winning one as yet. We can match them for sure and more importantly we have the finals experience. Plenty of the Cotchins, Delidios and Martyns will be nervous playijng their first final. We need to jump them early and put a space in them.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #124
All this energy has got me thinking, is it to early to start singing...

DA DA DA DA DAAAA!  O0
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #125
If anything it'll tell us who wants to be there and who doesn't. Although, if for example Yarran or Warnock have absolute blinders we might have to reassess our trade bait.

Will also tell us a lot about Marc Murphy.

Reply #126

Can't remember the exact words, but I recall an interview with Lethal a few years back, and he reckoned the whole "pressure is on them not me" argument is a cop out. He said to really deal with it properly, you needed to accept it and face the pressure head on. Wish I could remember more of what he said. Make no mistake, the boys know they've cheated death, and they need to confront this properly, and head on. The whole "we have nothing to lose" argument doesn't wash with me. They have plenty to lose.

Reply #127
If anything it'll tell us who wants to be there and who doesn't. Although, if for example Yarran or Warnock have absolute blinders we might have to reassess our trade bait.

Will also tell us a lot about Marc Murphy.

Glad its an eight day break. The boys must have been spent after the match, I reckon it will take all week to get back into it.

Plus it meant Collingwood get a 6 day break. ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #128
@PaulP
The thought that we've got the Bummer's spot should be a huge motivation to go out and win the flag with it! The stuff of dreams!  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
@PaulP
The thought that we've got the Bummer's spot should be a huge motivation to go out and win the flag with it! The stuff of dreams!  8)

YEAH.

LET'S DO IT FOR HIRDY BOY'S!!!!!! >:D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #130
Yep, Stand by Hird.  Of course this means you'll miss the game as he'll be off somewhere licking his wounds (or does he have someone to do that for him too?) while the Blues play his team's elimination final  8) 

Thanks Jimmy.  I can't understand why everyone says such nasty things about him  O0
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #131
This game is huge. We have the talent out there to win no doubt.

No doubt whatsoever PI2C - we may have overcome our psychological barriers last week - so we can only hope now!
The swaggers back!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #132
Big G2C posse heading to the G Sunday. BBQ in the Car Park first, plenty of Garage Hermitage, big day planned.
Go the Farken Blues!!!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #133

Can't remember the exact words, but I recall an interview with Lethal a few years back, and he rThe pressure is on Richmond, we fell into the finals remember?eckoned the whole "pressure is on them not me" argument is a cop out. He said to really deal with it properly, you needed to accept it and face the pressure head on. Wish I could remember more of what he said. Make no mistake, the boys know they've cheated death, and they need to confront this properly, and head on. The whole "we have nothing to lose" argument doesn't wash with me. They have plenty to lose.

interesting and good point, however using the "The pressure is on Richmond, we fell into the finals remember?" line may be a good way to cope with or handle said pressure?!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #134
A true champion will just see it as another game of football to win.

No pressure, no crap, just go out there and get the job done.  The odds are rubbish they simply represent what the public opinion think.  We have 22 vs their 22.  Both teams statistically have as much chance of winning this one as each other.  This is not the first time they are playing finals footy, its simply another game in their career that they should be wanting to win.

The only way to find consistency in your game, is to keep doing the right things.  Keep your routine as uniform as possible, and build upon doing things better.  Being good enough is not good enough.  You need to be the best that you can be every week.  If that is not good enough, then so be it, as long as you put your best foot forward, there is no way you will ever die wondering about what could have been.

We are Carlton, fudge the rest!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson