Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115381 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #135
Big chance Richmond will choke IMO but we could just as easily bring a rubbish game.

Blues by 16 points  O0

Reply #136
It's pretty simple for our boys really. Play 4 quarters and they win. Unfortunately it's something they've not been able to grasp this season and this is the big stage. I'd love Mick to finish ahead of Nafan. C'MON!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #137
They bring their best and we also bring our best... we win.

They play near their best and likewise us... line ball.

Very glad all the media attention and publicity is on them and that we will start under-dogs.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #138

Not sure about that, the only side in the top 6 weve beaten is Richmond and along with their inexperience is why I reckon we're a shot.

Do we play with the flair that got us into the final or go the boundary... Will be interesting to see.

Reply #139

Not sure about that, the only side in the top 6 weve beaten is Richmond and along with their inexperience is why I reckon we're a shot.

Do we play with the flair that got us into the final or go the boundary... Will be interesting to see.

Our best includes kicking straight... very straight!

Reply #140
[/quote]

We play our best Football when we're 5 goals down....

Lets give Richmond a 5 goal head start so we can attack from the 1st bounce  8)
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #141

With this list if we go the boundary line it will be like throwing an anchor overboard and then gunning the motor, circle to nowhere!

That seems exactly how we have played at times this season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #142

We play our best Football when we're 5 goals down....

Lets give Richmond a 5 goal head start so we can attack from the 1st bounce  8)
[/quote]

Not sure it was about game plan in that last quarter. Seemed more about boldness, endeavour, ruthlessness and risks. Everyone of us, and the media, was asking the same question during the final quarter, "Where was this effort in the first half????"

Reply #143

Can't remember the exact words, but I recall an interview with Lethal a few years back, and he rThe pressure is on Richmond, we fell into the finals remember?eckoned the whole "pressure is on them not me" argument is a cop out. He said to really deal with it properly, you needed to accept it and face the pressure head on. Wish I could remember more of what he said. Make no mistake, the boys know they've cheated death, and they need to confront this properly, and head on. The whole "we have nothing to lose" argument doesn't wash with me. They have plenty to lose.

interesting and good point, however using the "The pressure is on Richmond, we fell into the finals remember?" line may be a good way to cope with or handle said pressure?!

Maybe - if I understand Lethal's point (never a certainty), once you start the whole "pressure on others, not on us" routine, you are in a sense, giving yourself an out if you don't win. It's like saying, "well, we were never expected to win, so it's ok". Which then starts to create a drop in intensity and performance.

Make no mistake, this is a VERY winnable game for us. We are playing the worst of the other 7 finalists, on our best ground. We'll have a good break. We have several players with finals experience (compare with Richmond). We are playing a team we have owned for ages (granted plenty of others have as well). Comparing coaches, once again you have one with a wealth of finals experience, and one who has hardly any. Also, with any luck we should be getting 1 or 2 of out best 22 back.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think we should be favorites.

Reply #144
Not sure it was about game plan in that last quarter. Seemed more about boldness, endeavour, ruthlessness and risks. Everyone of us, and the media, was asking the same question during the final quarter, "Where was this effort in the first half????"

Looking at the start of the comeback in the third quarter we quite clearly look to switch the ball to Yarran through the middle. Obviously a ploy from MM and about forking time play the kid to his strengths, he's at his best with the field in front of him and players to run at. FFS I hope he starts in the same position or on a wing on Sunday. Time to unleash the beast!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145

Looking at the start of the comeback in the third quarter we quite clearly look to switch the ball to Yarran through the middle. Obviously a ploy from MM and about forking time play the kid to his strengths, he's at his best with the field in front of him and players to run at. FFS I hope he starts in the same position or on a wing on Sunday. Time to unleash the beast!

cant argue with that.

he has strung together two great games for the first time ever.

lets see how he goes this week.

Reply #146
Trying to get some tickets but no luck.  There are still categories that say limit3d availability but I cant get past the first page. Anyone else struggling or got tix already?

Reply #147
Trying to get some tickets but no luck.  There are still categories that say limit3d availability but I cant get past the first page. Anyone else struggling or got tix already?
My Wife struggled this Morning getting onto the website via the laptop to buy tickets..on a whim went via the mobile phone and Bang. Got in and 2 tickets bought for Sunday. Happy Man.
Keep the Faith

Reply #148

Our best includes kicking straight... very straight!
BANG right there!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #149

Whatever it was it WAS NOT what we had played to get into the poo in the first place.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................