Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115403 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #315
Memo for Sunday: 

Umpires are VERY Liberal in looking after the man with the ball.

Reply #316
Just wondering, with jack, vickers and Edwards, who plays as the 3rd tall?. Just feel andy mac or Duigan need to play

I remember a few years ago we played Geelong, who played Hawkins, JPod and Mooney. We went in seemingly one tall short but we played Walker on one of them. We smashed Geelong that day by 6 goals and part of that Walker killing them running off their static talls. The 3 amigos killed them for pace that day running into an open forward line, alot coming from our run out of defence.

Unfortunately Walker's defensive side has been exposed badly down back in the second half of the season, Fremantle really found him out a few weeks back. I wouldn't want him on Edwards no way. I guess if we stop decent supply from the midfield we're halfway there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #317
However it pans out, I hope our boys are watching tonight's game. An object lesson in how it's done (mainly by the Dawks).

Reply #318
However it pans out, I hope our boys are watching tonight's game. An object lesson in how it's done (mainly by the Dawks).

Definitely how to apply pressure and keep the pressure on for 4 quarters. You would think the Swans would have played better tonight because of the last game. Hodge being a danger guy tonight.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #319
Just wondering, with jack, vickers and Edwards, who plays as the 3rd tall?. Just feel andy mac or Duigan need to play

I remember a few years ago we played Geelong, who played Hawkins, JPod and Mooney. We went in seemingly one tall short but we played Walker on one of them. We smashed Geelong that day by 6 goals and part of that Walker killing them running off their static talls. The 3 amigos killed them for pace that day running into an open forward line, alot coming from our run out of defence.

Unfortunately Walker's defensive side has been exposed badly down back in the second half of the season, Fremantle really found him out a few weeks back. I wouldn't want him on Edwards no way. I guess if we stop decent supply from the midfield we're halfway there.

Aaron Edwards is a dangerous player....no obvious matchup and I think Walker may get him as the alternatives are few. Touhy did well on Martin last game so I think that option for Edwards wont be there...
Edwards doesnt chase and isnt a player who keeps the ball in the 50 with second efforts and is purely offensive....but he is very strong in the air for his inches and one of the most accurate kicks in the comp, I hope we have done our homework on him and dont get burnt by concentrating on Reiwoldt and Vickery.

Reply #320
Looking at the game on TV now I 'm thinking we have one tall too many for a highly contested final. Both Sydney and Hawthorn subbed off their ruckmen in  the 3rd qtr. Nothing as sure, barring an injury, that one of our talls will be subbed too at some stage in the 3rd qtr.

Reply #321

Definitely how to apply pressure and keep the pressure on for 4 quarters. You would think the Swans would have played better tonight because of the last game. Hodge being a danger guy tonight.

Agree - Swans have been (dare I say it) gallant most of the season without a number of their stars and senior players. Couldn't have done much better IMO.

Reply #322
The stakes are higher after the Swans were plucked.  Biggest loss under Longmire.  Maybe McVeigh injured, and a few of their guys were exposed for their lack of preparation - Rohan, Hanneberry, and Jetta.  That was a bit of a warning shot were the Swans considering bringing back Goodes and LRT.  A preliminary final may well be on the line on Sunday.

Reply #323
The stakes are higher after the Swans were plucked.  Biggest loss under Longmire.  Maybe McVeigh injured, and a few of their guys were exposed for their lack of preparation - Rohan, Hanneberry, and Jetta.  That was a bit of a warning shot were the Swans considering bringing back Goodes and LRT.  A preliminary final may well be on the line on Sunday.

Biggest los was 46 points and now 54 points, but man they looked flat after half time. Poor recovery or lack of it between the ears. No franklin and Rioli could have made an ugly final even worse. If the Swans can be beaten it is now.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #324
Not liking us going into this game with Krooze, Warnock and Levi in the side. 

We could be exposed for a lack of pace.  Get sn injury and we will be even more exposed.

Remember first  Saints game.  We lost Ellard and yarran early and got stuck playing 3 big men. 

Reply #325
Think we should definitely reconsider Casboult's selection - I think, after watching the Swans tonight, I'd prefer to see Duigan back as another midfield rotation who can put his body into the clearances and disputed possessions as well as being an extra defender if needed.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #326

Biggest los was 46 points and now 54 points, but man they looked flat after half time. Poor recovery or lack of it between the ears. No franklin and Rioli could have made an ugly final even worse. If the Swans can be beaten it is now.

The Swans looked knackered in the second half. They will play at ANZ Stadium next Saturday night (hopefully against us). Not sure how quickly the turf at ANZ will recover from the rugby league game on the Friday night. Might make it that bit tougher for the Swans given their injury toll too.

Reply #327
Think we should definitely reconsider Casboult's selection - I think, after watching the Swans tonight, I'd prefer to see Duigan back as another midfield rotation who can put his body into the clearances and disputed possessions as well as being an extra defender if needed.

Actually reconsider a ruckman. Our ruckman, compared to those of other clubs, are terrible when up forward.

Nothing surer that of of the 3 will be subbed sometime in the 3rd qtr, probably early in it .

Reply #328
Not liking us going into this game with Krooze, Warnock and Levi in the side. 

We could be exposed for a lack of pace.   Get sn injury and we will be even more exposed.

Remember first  Saints game.  We lost Ellard and yarran early and got stuck playing 3 big men.

I'm really worried that we are going to be too slow.  The 3 ins don't actually burn the track up.

Reply #329
Remember that Matt White is out with a hammie, and Nathan Foley has been omitted.  On top of that, Newman has been selected notwithstanding concerns over an ankle injury.  Foley and White out means a real loss of top-line speed.