Skip to main content
Topic: ALFW B&F Thread (Read 21886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ALFW B&F Thread

Reply #60
Ok ...even though there's only the two lots of votes i think we'll include them.
Exon has been a pretty consistent performer throughout the first four rounds and I've no problem with these.

Round 4 votes

3 Exon
2 Hosking
1 Shierlaw

Leaderboard after round 4

Leaderboard

Davey 9
Exon 3
Hosking 2
Hardiman 2
Vescio 2
Arnell 2
Shierlaw 1
Jakobsson 1
Loynes 1
Downie 1

Reply #61
Rnd 5

3 - Davey
2 - Shierlaw
1 - Hosking

I reckon Hosking has been underrated in earlier games, her run and carry is enormous to us and she is getting better week by week. It generates deep F50 opportunities for the likes of Vescio.

Davey is a machine.

Arnell is important to us, a bit quiet today but when she went off momentum changed.

Shierlaw covers a terrific amount of ground for a player her size, she must be one of our better athletes.

Hope Exon isn't too seriously injured, we missed her zip around the contests.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
3. Davey
2. Vescio
1. Shierlaw

Reply #63
3. Davey
2. Hosking
1. Vescio

Reply #64
3 Davey
2 Hosking
1 Shierlaw

Reply #65
3 - Davey
2 - Hosking
1 - Lucas-Rodd
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
I reckon Hosking has been underrated in earlier games, her run and carry is enormous to us and she is getting better week by week. It generates deep F50 opportunities for the likes of Vescio.

I've like what Hosking has done ever since round 1. She would've been in my top 5 votes in probably most games, but not quite top 3.

My issue with her is that she gets caught with the ball too much.
I also think her pseudo-twin in Loynes gets her perhaps some more credit than she deserves. Both are hard nuts with long flowing blonde hair who are easily mistaken.

I think Vescio is underrated. She is played deep, and as a result has limited opportunities. What she does with those opportunities would make Eddie Betts blush. Leading goal kicker in the league...and has a mere 2 votes for the year so far.

Reply #67
I think Vescio is underrated. She is played deep, and as a result has limited opportunities. What she does with those opportunities would make Eddie Betts blush. Leading goal kicker in the league...and has a mere 2 votes for the year so far.

That's probably more to do with our voting system Kruds.
We decided to keep it basic because the season is so short and we weren't really sure how much interest there would be....add in the complicating factor of TV coverage being a bit limited.

Vescio would have been my fourth pick today and I'd have liked to have put young Ayre in as well

Reply #68

That's probably more to do with our voting system Kruds.
We decided to keep it basic because the season is so short and we weren't really sure how much interest there would be....add in the complicating factor of TV coverage being a bit limited.

Vescio would have been my fourth pick today and I'd have liked to have put young Ayre in as well

I would have had Vescio in my best 5 in the games I have seen.  That probably would still leave her well behind Davey but maybe pushing for second.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #69
So hard to pick the votes this week as there were so many great contributors.

Really wanted to get Vescio in the votes, likewise Hosking and Loynes, but in the end have gone with:

3. Davey
2. Lucas-Rodd
1. Downie

Reply #70
The more games they play together, the more contributors I'm noticing. Congratulations to our women's crew. This week is very difficult to narrow it down to three, but here goes.

3 Davey
2 Hoskins
1 Vescio

HM Bella Ayres, Downie, Lucas-Rodd

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #71

Round 5 votes

3 Davey
2 Hosking
1 Shierlaw & Vescio (couldn't split them)

Leaderboard after round 5

Leaderboard

Davey 12
Hosking 4
Exon 3
Vescio 3
Hardiman 2
Arnell 2
Shierlaw 2
Jakobsson 1
Loynes 1
Downie 1

Reply #72

Round 5 votes

3 Davey
2 Hosking
1 Shierlaw & Vescio (couldn't split them)

Leaderboard after round 5

Leaderboard

Davey 12
Hosking 4
Exon 3
Vescio 3
Hardiman 2
Arnell 2
Shierlaw 2
Jakobsson 1
Loynes 1
Downie 1

Can you not give them 0.5 votes each?

Reply #73
Can you not give them 0.5 votes each?

I could.
Would everyone be happy with that...it might help break some ties for the placings.

Just BTW there's no coverage of this week's game but there is a delayed telecast on Fox footy tomorrow night.

Correction the match is live now on 503

Reply #74
I could.
Would everyone be happy with that...it might help break some ties for the placings.

Just BTW there's no coverage of this week's game but there is a delayed telecast on Fox footy tomorrow night.

Correction the match is live now on 503

I wouldn't. I think giving half points is silly. If they tie, they tie - just like the boys.