Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 42006 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #75
I'd be grooming Kerridge as  a tagger, runs all day and big body.  Can also find the footy, also drift forward and kick a goal.  Needs a job as letting him hunt the footy without minding an opponent means that his disposal becomes an issue.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #76
Kerridge tagging makes use of his strengths and minimizes his limited disposal efficiency. I'd try that.
What then of Ed?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #77
Kerridge tagging makes use of his strengths and minimizes his limited disposal efficiency. I'd try that.
What then of Ed?
Ed is a great warrior but his skills are worse than Kerridge, when players like Ed and Kerridge are surplus then thats the time we
will be going places....

Reply #78
And................. we're off the bottom!   :P
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #79
Ed is a great warrior but his skills are worse than Kerridge, when players like Ed and Kerridge are surplus then thats the time we
will be going places....

Agree, and we could add a few more names to that surplus list.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #80
will be going places....
Both these guys are warriors who give there all and are great clubmen, but they just don't posses the polish we require.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Both these guys are warriors who give there all and are great clubmen, but they just don't posses the polish we require.

However, when they are as good as we've got while others develop, they are excellent role models and honest triers.

Reply #82
However, when they are as good as we've got while others develop, they are excellent role models and honest triers.
Indeed, dont dispute that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #83
And................. we're off the bottom!   :P

Well, I reckon we're doing well. We above the warm premiership favourites...lol!!!

Reply #84

Curnow has come on a lot as a player, he is the least of our problems. ON Friday, was he tagging Dusty (I don't know)?

Army, White, Daisy bigger issues imo in terms of output.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
For mine - we get down and dirty!

Ed Curnow harassing, niggling, clawing, tagging. Simon White goes onball and does the same. If not White, I'd bring Sam Kerridge in to do the same as Ed Curnow. I wouldn't mind seeing White in there flying the flag and giving the opposition the crapes.

Are we really going to let antagonists in Nafe Jones, Jack Viney, Jordan Lewis, Bernie Vince and Clayton Oliver really rule the roost and climb all over us, more so climb all over our one mid star in the sore Patrick Cripps?

For mine:
In - Cuningham, Palmer
Out - Thomas, Armfield

Team:
B: Macreadie, Rowe, Plowman
Hb: Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson
C: Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs
Hf: Wright, Weitering, Petrevski-Seton
F: Pickett, C.Curnow, J.Silvagni
Foll: Kreuzer, White, E.Curnow
I/c: Cuningham, Palmer, Casboult, Smedts
Emg: McKay, Kerridge, Fisher

Reply #86
Pretty much nailed it with selection there pretty. I wouldn't mind fisher coming in as I think he is quite zippy in and around the bubble could expose the legspeed of jones, Viney etc

Reply #87
Pretty much nailed it with selection there pretty. I wouldn't mind fisher coming in as I think he is quite zippy in and around the bubble could expose the legspeed of jones, Viney etc

To be honest, i had mad a couple of other positional changes but changed them based on it being round 2, and maybe I had gone a little early of too many changes. I had Cuningham in the backline with Docherty and Simmo to provide zip/pace and also as a learning curve to become a Simpson/Docherty quarterback.

I like your idea of Fisher. He's a tough little nut too.

Reckon the zip could come on the outside via Murphy, Wright, SPS, Pickett and Simpson, if we get inside, down and dirty via others bigger bodies. Doch and Gibbs on the outside with their quick minds and hands, could do some damage getting the ball with some time and spacer and 'creating' form there.

I'd also like to see the likes of Murphy, Gibbs, Docherty, Cripps, Simpson rotate through the middle. If that means Gibbs and Murphy have to spend time at half-back, we should do it IMO.

Reply #88
For mine - we get down and dirty!

Ed Curnow harassing, niggling, clawing, tagging. Simon White goes onball and does the same. If not White, I'd bring Sam Kerridge in to do the same as Ed Curnow. I wouldn't mind seeing White in there flying the flag and giving the opposition the crapes.

Are we really going to let antagonists in Nafe Jones, Jack Viney, Jordan Lewis, Bernie Vince and Clayton Oliver really rule the roost and climb all over us, more so climb all over our one mid star in the sore Patrick Cripps?

For mine:
In - Cuningham, Palmer
Out - Thomas, Armfield

Team:
B: Macreadie, Rowe, Plowman
Hb: Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson
C: Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs
Hf: Wright, Weitering, Petrevski-Seton
F: Pickett, C.Curnow, J.Silvagni
Foll: Kreuzer, White, E.Curnow
I/c: Cuningham, Palmer, Casboult, Smedts
Emg: McKay, Kerridge, Fisher

Yep.

We don't like physical contact and everyone knows it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #89
Surely White is surplus with Rowe, Marchbank and Plowman in the back half, you wouldn't drop any of them in preference to White.
We need more run out of defence.

I'll give you that they try but in what sense are they role models other than maybe on the training track?
Poor disposal and an inability to find the ball doesn't a role model make in my book.

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.