Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 42593 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #210
DJC sees what I see, and I ain't drinking the "he provides awesome leadership Kool-Aid".

People's tolerance of Daisy's limited output is over, that's why he is the whipping boy.  We - and let's face it we all did - expected so much more and we have due to circumstances received a sub-par result.  3 and a bit season of ... what?    How many games have you seen where he was clearly in the best three players....   ???

Then, trying to justify the deal with his supposed leadership prowess is, IMHO, verging on self-delusion.
So that's aimed straight at the coach correct?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #211
Amen. I'd go as far to say Daisy would have the opposite effect - players get disgruntled where they see a highly paid dud (and that's certainly what he has become based on onfield performance) delivering little but getting selected week in, week out.

They'd be making excuses then, and the club is better of getting rid of them not the guys who are actually getting picked in the 22! ;) I want players who play, not play if the price is right!

Bolton has come out publicly, twice as part of the The Journey and repeatedly in press conferences, and stated it is about culture, attitude and endeavour. If you think Daisy is not being picked on merit then you are basically calling Bolton a bullsh1t artist, so why do we persist with him as coach!

GTC is correct when he makes this conclusion about the Daisy selection criticism, ultimately it cannot be anything else.
So that's aimed straight at the coach correct?
The editors in the media know this, the nuffas behind the scenes pulling the strings know this, and when we buy into their blame game argument what we are really doing is undermining Bolton.

Kruddler made this point very well but nobody debates it because it's an uncomfortable truth.
So why does he cop 90% of the criticism when things go wrong?

Murphys handball to Daisy's feet drew a lot of criticism last week. It resulted in a goal to the opposition. The majority of people blamed daisy. It was clearly Murphys fault for not hitting the target (despite being under some pressure), yet he gets a pardon because of the bloke on the other end.
If the handball was to Cripps instead of Daisy, people would then be complaining about Murphy, because Cripps is more loved.
Murphy is according to the media our million dollar captain but he hot potatoes the ball at first opportunity, and when the recipient of the hospital handball is Daisy it is apparently Daisy's fault!

When an umpire pings Daisy for throwing, and the replays show everyone that he clearly didn't throw, the media and the mindless sheep of a fan base still blame Daisy. I understand they want someone to blame, but I'm shocked our fan base is led so easily, we are clearly the mindless mob! Media blokes like King and Robinson must piss themselves laughing at how easily they can steer our clubs opinion.

The ar5ewipe media types pick up on the fan sentiment and stoke the fires, and the sheep follow.  I have mentioned this plenty of times before, not just in relation to our club but in regards to other clubs as well, when they say "look this way" you're best off looking the other way first. Then asking yourself why, what is their motive, and finally assessing the accuracy of their past statements and predictions. When you dredge up their history it's littered with errors that they never mention an do not want to discuss. For example most of them predicted MM could only be good for Carlton, but what they really wanted was a quote!

When the likes of Lloyd, Lyon, Dunstall and Bartlett start bagging Daisy and pushing for Carlton to play youth, they know the kids will initially under-perform and that our fickle fan base will turn on them, leaving the kids feeling unwanted and wanting out! They can then pick the bones out of whatever is left when the contracts expire, it's the Henderson, Betts, Tuohy, Robinson, Laidler, Garlett, Jacobs, Kennedy scenario repeated over and over again. We "let go' or "traded away" half a finals team, and they want us to do it over and over again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #212
Amen. I'd go as far to say Daisy would have the opposite effect - players get disgruntled where they see a highly paid dud (and that's certainly what he has become based on onfield performance) delivering little but getting selected week in, week out.

x3

Reply #213
Our recent form (last 20 games) against Mt Buller FC is as follows:
LLLLWLWWLLWWWWWWWLWW
One of the only teams we have gone ok against so I reckon it wont be as easy as for the Dees as everyone thinks.
Blues by 19 pts
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #214
Really interested to see how Weitering goes against this backline compared to last week when he had a AA full back to deal with. I always wanted us to make him a general CHB type but if he can become a serious forward then the benefit to us is far greater if he becomes a top CHF.

Reply #215
LLLLWLWWLLWWWWWWWLWW
One of the only teams we have gone ok against so I reckon it wont be as easy as for the Dees as everyone thinks.
Blues by 19 pts

I give us a chance based on that previous form ...need to be better than last week and Cripps/Gibbs/Murphy need to be in the 5 best on ground for us to win IMO....

Reply #216
LLLLWLWWLLWWWWWWWLWW
Blues by 19 pts

Hopefully so GTC. I've got a feeling that we'll come out and have a red hot crack at it this week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #217
Hopefully so GTC. I've got a feeling that we'll come out and have a red hot crack at it this week.
Its all we can demand Cookie, I'm sure the coach has this week on the training track.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #218
Hmmm ... Melbourne may be a big improver this year on the back of Lewis Hogan Petracca (?sp) Oliver and co.  Not sure the recent history of our matches will be of much relevance.

Reply #219
We'll win...I feel it in my old bones. ;)
They'll take us easy and we'll upset them. :D

Reply #220
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't reckon we'll get within 7 goals.

Reply #223
Hmmm ... Melbourne may be a big improver this year on the back of Lewis Hogan Petracca (?sp) Oliver and co.  Not sure the recent history of our matches will be of much relevance.
I would agree Mav, especially when most of the players that helped create the victories are mostly gone . Seriously undermanned against a well drill team we will struggle , as long as we see growth, & effort will be great

Reply #224
A non negotiable...

Who ever wears that beautiful Navy Blue Guernsey I EXPECT them as an unconditional requirement they wear it with pride and play with INTENSITY and PASSION AND leave NOTHING on the field.

Go Blues
2024... Moir of the same to come