Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 40895 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #165

For those of you who are into Daisy I suggest you have a closer look at his game. Did a lot of hard off the ball work, some tough in and unders and timely pressure acts. Will not be dropped on that effort

Daisy isn't and will never be the player he was and he's getting paid 'overs' times about 3 BUT when there is only a breath between the scores at 3/4 that when he comes into his own, directing traffic, doing the 1% and using all his rat cunning and experience.  Worth $750,000 per year?? Definitely not! Are we still getting some return for our $'s? I think a lot more than we realize, especially when the whips are cracking.

Reply #166
I don't know if he was injured or not but I suspect the late change to omit Charlie Curnow might have been beneficial.

Kudos to Casboult for his body pressure and ruck support on a day that was not suitable to his strengths.

Reply #167
I have read a lot of posts but only a few have mentioned the contribution Kroozer put in.
I thought he was the everywhere man.
He wss always held in the ruck and probably got out tappex but did really well around the rest of the ground.
Looks good when he goes forward too.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #168
I have read a lot of posts but only a few have mentioned the contribution Kroozer put in.
He wss always held in the ruck and probably got out tappex but did really well around the rest of the ground.

100% agree, i reckon in the B&F votes he would be right up there

Reply #169

x2. Should be nicknamed bull dozer not tractor.

Our mid's are not exactly heavy hitters so Kruezer is all we have to do the hard inside defensive work and hunts down opposition mids when in contested situations. Love how he runs with his head down from contest to contest.

11 tackles and 8 clearances from a ruckmen says it all and when he tackles they come to the ground.  A bull of a ruckmen who is invaluable to us. As we know ruckmen hit their best in the age bracket Kruezer is about to hit.

I know he's loyal but I will devastated if we fail to extend his contract and he moves. His best man was Richmond's captain - lets not forget they were interested 2 years ago and his value has gone up since then.

Extend his contract now blues.

Reply #170

Our mid's are not exactly heavy hitters so Kruezer is all we have to do the hard inside defensive work and hunts down opposition mids when in contested situations. Love how he runs with his head down from contest to contest.

11 tackles and 8 clearances from a ruckmen says it all and when he tackles they come to the ground.  A bull of a ruckmen who is invaluable to us. As we know ruckmen hit their best in the age bracket Kruezer is about to hit.

I know he's loyal but I will devastated if we fail to extend his contract and he moves. His best man was Richmond's captain - lets not forget they were interested 2 years ago and his value has gone up since then.

Shawny people on here can say what they want, throw up trade scenarios, theories etc etc. IMO, Matty K will play out his days wearing Navy Blue, for me there is nothing surer. Team mates and coaching staff would understand the true value and importance of the Big Tractor. When the he is fit and firing, there aren't many big men that give what he gives and his team mates follow. From what I have been told, he doesn't say a hell of alot, but when he does, people listen. Just a good old fashioned, hard at it footballer who is coming into his prime and if God willing stays injury free, will help get us to where we want to be.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #171

That's a bit different to the "trade him for early picks" mantra Shawny but you're on the money!

I'd like to see an early contract extension and I suspect that Matty and the coaching staff have a similar view.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #172
Shawny people on here can say what they want, throw up trade scenarios, theories etc etc. IMO, Matty K will play out his days wearing Navy Blue, for me there is nothing surer. Team mates and coaching staff would understand the true value and importance of the Big Tractor. When the he is fit and firing, there aren't many big men that give what he gives and his team mates follow. From what I have been told, he doesn't say a hell of alot, but when he does, people listen. Just a good old fashioned, hard at it footballer who is coming into his prime and if God willing stays injury free, will help get us to where we want to be.

Spot-on Gic.

And yes, extend his contract ASAP.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #173

He was BOG in my votes.
A bit of trivia, Carlton had 10 top 10 draft picks in the side on Sunday including 4 number 1's, if it isn't a record it must be very close to it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #174
Great win. Well done players and Bolts!

A few changes might still happen over the next few weeks.

Happy that Fisher and Polson had good VFL games.

The kids stood up, as I said. You play the kids. Tom Williamson debuted and he was sensational.

Reply #175

I had MK second to Murphy in the votes. You're right he played the complete game as a ruckman. His skill beneath his knees in those conditions was a standout for me. It's not only what he does but how he does it. He's focused, measured, and gives every contest his all.

I love how he teams up with Crippa. Remember v Melbourne on Juddy's farewell game. Those big boys were synchronized like twins.

I'd be devastated if we didn't keep him. He's in many ways our spiritual leader, albeit a quietly spoken one ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #176
I must also give credit to the coaching staff. They certainly left their archenemy in their wake..... Maybe Bolts early days in tassie taught him the lessons of old fashioned wet weather footy. The simple focus on contested ball and tackles was spot on.

And didn't the boys fall in line? They set a new club record with 111 tackles.
I hope our new Blues set plenty more club records.
Henry Ford.

Reply #177
Watched talking footy and was interested to hear Wayne Carey pay Murph a massive compliment. He stated that Murph goes in for the hard ball as hard as anyone, even Selwood. He also said that he has had some terrible injuries which have prevented any form of continuity in his game. He then repeated Murph is as hard at the footy and as courageous as anyone. Seemed genuine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #178
Watched talking footy and was interested to hear Wayne Carey pay Murph a massive compliment. He stated that Murph goes in for the hard ball as hard as anyone, even Selwood. He also said that he has had some terrible injuries which have prevented any form of continuity in his game. He then repeated Murph is as hard at the footy and as courageous as anyone. Seemed genuine.

And some folk still reckon he shouldn't be the skipper  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #179
Murphy compliments accepted with thanks :P
Regardless of who gives them, any media compliments have to be positive for the club. Can only dream of balanced commentary amongst the media riffraff.

Anyway proof's in the pudding. We, favorite for the spoon, knocked off a team predicted to make finals. And we did it with team half full of kids in nappies ;D
Henry Ford.