Skip to main content
Topic: Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #30
Watched Weiters closely on Saturday. His angle chipped pass to Wright that ended in a goal to Charlie that iced the game is a snapshot why he will be a very special player.

The kid was hurting, was tired and being late in the game with a handy lead most his age would have tried to snap it for a miracle goal. Well not him.

And his field kicking is as good as our best ball movers.

So lucky we have him.  Love his celebrations after we kick a goal too.  :)
x2 I noticed that too - he looked around to see if there was anyone in a better position and then kicked it straight to him.  I thought he'd go for the goal because most other players would just bang it too, but nope, he looked and found the better option

Reply #31
Did u guys notice how Gibbs got in his way and didn't shepherd? Not sure what he was thinking

Reply #32
Sammo's quick hands/thinking.
ASOS.
Willo - poise and disposal by foot - deadly, precise and always best option.
ZF - speed, relentless endeavour.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
We need an age limit to the green shoots thread haha

Reply #34
Watched Weiters closely on Saturday. His angle chipped pass to Wright that ended in a goal to Charlie that iced the game is a snapshot why he will be a very special player.

The kid was hurting, was tired and being late in the game with a handy lead most his age would have tried to snap it for a miracle goal. Well not him.

And his field kicking is as good as our best ball movers.

So lucky we have him.  Love his celebrations after we kick a goal too.  :)

Add to that the Inside 50 to Casboult 20m out directly in front and you can see his brain ticks over at another level compared to most.

Reply #35
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-01/exgiant-marchbank-impresses-as-a-rising-star-blue

Fair green shoot that, winner of this weeks NAB Rising Star. Well done Marchy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
Marchbank has almost flown under the radar as a 'green shoot' - he has played the grand total of 13 games but when you watch him play, you'd swear it was 113.  Between he and Weiters, we have CHB/CHF covered for a long time.  And to think how long we have waited for some quality KPPs........
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #37
Marchbank has almost flown under the radar as a 'green shoot' - he has played the grand total of 13 games but when you watch him play, you'd swear it was 113.  Between he and Weiters, we have CHB/CHF covered for a long time.  And to think how long we have waited for some quality KPPs........

Excellent point.....after 13 games, the kid's a 'given!'

Reply #39
14 minutes to go in the last, Williamson attacks the contest when others were standing around looking, intercepts a swans handball gives to Samo who gives a beautiful delayed handball to Fisher who kicks a lovely left footer into the forward fifty. That was my favorite green shoot moment of the game.

Gibbs couldn't take the mark up forward of course!

Reply #40
14 minutes to go in the last, Williamson attacks the contest when others were standing around looking, intercepts a swans handball gives to Samo who gives a beautiful delayed handball to Fisher who kicks a lovely left footer into the forward fifty. That was my favorite green shoot moment of the game.

Gibbs couldn't take the mark up forward of course!

Gibbs got mauled on that marking attempt!!!

Reply #41
Gibbs got mauled on that marking attempt!!!

He still should have taken the mark  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
Not the traditional green shoot as in young player, more a green shoot in TEAM.

Really enjoying the brand of footy being played ATM, seems every player is on the same page and playing for each other.

The green shoot for me was watching the reaction of the players after Alex Silvagni's chase down. To a man they got around him.
But best of all was Billie Smedts. Billie was involved in the play immediately after the rundown that sent ball into our fwd line for a goal.
After the goal, down the ground footage showed Smedts run from the fwd line to the back to get around Alex.

That for me shows me we are well and truly on the right track. Young, old and all buying into the TEAM.