Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Round 3: Northern Blues vs Coburg at Coburg (Read 27475 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Round 3: Northern Blues vs Coburg at Coburg

Reply #30
Jones was very good - took so many speccies.

Stavrou will be a player of the future. McKay taking strong marks just needs to finish off his good work

Thomas BOG by a big margin. If young Jack is out injured will be interesting to see what happens.. but I'd go for Jones.

Reckon vs his old club you can lock in Daisy....reckon SOSOS will miss..
Jones would come in for Weitering but Bolton reckons he will play...

Reply #31
Reckon vs his old club you can lock in Daisy....reckon SOSOS will miss..
Jones would come in for Weitering but Bolton reckons he will play...

I only have one change. Kerr for SOJ.

McKay can't be far away. Playing really well.

Reply #32
only changes to the team yesterday should be forced changes through injury - so Kerr or Jones for Jack maybe Weitering 'rested' but he's a tough kid....

Daisy stays in the 2s.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #33
It is good to see a repeat good performance by NB. This is what we need, the players in the two's putting pressure on the players in the ones.

Reply #34
I only have one change. Kerr for SOJ.

McKay can't be far away. Playing really well.

Love to see Kerr play but reckon he might have to wait a bit longer to debut....

Reply #35
Love to see Kerr play but reckon he might have to wait a bit longer to debut....

Saw the first half and liked what I saw of Kerr. Looked very composed with nice skills. Jones also impressive and is definitely pressing for senior selection but would depend on injury atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Probably would've with injuries but with SOJ out I see him as an ideal replacement.

Reply #37
Jones would be stiff not to come in. In form and by the looks would be a good match up for reg grundy when kruezer needs a chop out.

Reply #38

Kerr must have really improved from his form in the Richmond practice match.  I thought he showed a tonne of promise but got lost at times. 

It would be quite a turnaround in our drafting if all our draft 2016 picks debuted this year.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
Jones would be stiff not to come in. In form and by the looks would be a good match up for reg grundy when kruezer needs a chop out.

Jones has looked good at VFL level many times and not converted it into AFL level. I still think his promotion would be a waste of time.

Boekhorst seems to be quietly developing some solid VFL form. He's a type we need in the 1s if he can perform consistently. As good as the win was yesterday we don't look quick - missed Pickett's pace.

Reply #40

Doubt he's kicking Casboult out of that role though.

Reply #41
only changes to the team yesterday should be forced changes through injury - so Kerr or Jones for Jack maybe Weitering 'rested' but he's a tough kid....

Daisy stays in the 2s.

Showing your bias now, gentleman Daisy was clearly BOG and set the tone for the whole team!

Having said that, if SoJ is the only change I think Jones gets a go ahead of Daisy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Did Pickett play ?
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #43
Kerr must have really improved from his form in the Richmond practice match.  I thought he showed a tonne of promise but got lost at times. 

It would be quite a turnaround in our drafting if all our draft 2016 picks debuted this year.

Kerr's upside from what I saw in the last NB's game was as good as Charlie Curnows in terms of footy nous and smarts.....not big numbers in terms of possies yet
but he is an exciting future player IMO....maybe we need to be careful with both him and Harry and wait  a bit longer...

Reply #44
Kerr's upside from what I saw in the last NB's game was as good as Charlie Curnows in terms of footy nous and smarts.....not big numbers in terms of possies yet
but he is an exciting future player IMO....maybe we need to be careful with both him and Harry and wait  a bit longer...

Totally agree about being patient with both Kerr and McKay.  I just get the feeling that if Silvagni misses, they might be more likely to go 'like for like' in terms of role, age, youthful experience etc.  Kerr's build and movement look far more suited to the SOJ role than McKay and I'd be worried that Levi and Jones might be trying to pack mark the same ball.

We are now starting to debate multiple inform replacements for injured individuals!!  Nice feeling.