Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33444 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #90
Having ASOS in the back line benefited the team in at least 2 ways :

1. giving the older blokes another experienced head to share the load
2. allowed Siimmo to play further up the ground to show us skills I had long forgotten, and be a genuine creative playmaker. Some of those shimmies, swerves etc. in the center square were Ablett-like. Beautiful to watch. 

I'm not an advocate of play the kids at all costs.The only criterion for team selection is 22 players who give us the best chance of winning the game.

If our senior / experienced players are as crap as people say, and our kids are as good as people say, then the kids will get their chances sooner rather than later, without some dopey ageist policy that gifts them games.

Summed up nicely.

Being able to use simmo near the ball is a big win. Having our spiritual leader around the action is huge for our kids. Was involved in nearly every thrust forward that resulted in a score when game was on the line in the 3rd quarter.

Plus Doc also seems to be playing further up field at times which means our ball use and run looks so much better and our entries in F50 are also of a higher standard making our forwards job a lot easier.

Marchbank, Williamson and now Silvagni has helped this all happen.

Reply #91
I have said many times that I don't rate Nick Graham but I must say, he came in yesterday and after some early nerves, did a solid job.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
Plus Doc also seems to be playing further up field at times which means our ball use and run looks so much better and our entries in F50 are also of a higher standard making our forwards job a lot easier.

Docherty was named on the wing.  I'm not sure that he actually played there but he was definitely more of a presence up the ground.  Both he and Simmo got back into defence when needed.

I think that Bolton and co may have changed the defensive structure after opposition teams put a lot of work into Docherty.

I could only watch the game on one third of my iPad screen and I couldn't really get a grasp of positional moves.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
Crippa about to be on the Sunday Footy Show on Ch9 for those interested.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #94
Cop that for media bias, the first question Cornes raises is when Cripps leaving Carlton and returning to WA!

Not about the football game, not about training, development or anything else, but when are you leaving Carlton!

It's downright disrespectful!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
I have said many times that I don't rate Nick Graham but I must say, he came in yesterday and after some early nerves, did a solid job.

But slow of mind and foot but as the game wore on, and it slows down he was of great benefit where the kids start strong and fade. That's why the balance was great yesterday.

Cripps also finished strong as the game slows
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #96
Cop that for media bias, the first question Cornes raises is when Cripps is returning to WA!

Not about football, not about training, development or anything else, but when are you leaving Carlton!

LP it is afterall Kane Cornes who is the biggest knob going around. He copped alot over his story a the time about Cripps going home. The fwit thought Cripps would say something to vindicate his story. He really is an A class imbecile.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #97
LP it is afterall Kane Cornes who is the biggest knob going around. He copped alot over his story a the time about Cripps going home. The fwit thought Cripps would say something to vindicate his story. He really is an A class imbecile.

Isn't he a fully subscribed member of a family dynasty of knobheads?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #98
Cop that for media bias, the first question Cornes raises is when Cripps leaving Carlton and returning to WA!

Not about the football game, not about training, development or anything else, but when are you leaving Carlton!

Yes it is. How did he respond?

Reply #99
And if there is a bigger knob then Cornes its the guy sitting beside him.

They asked the flog Lloyd what is a pass mark for the blues and he said based on yesterday's performance they will win more games this year then last year!

Only a month ago he wanted the AFL to investigate us cause he said we were a basket case.

Can't stand looking at him.

Reply #100
Yes it is. How did he respond?
Treated it with all respect it deserved. Said he signed a 3 year extention because he wanted to show commitment to the club. That is, he said "Cornes you're a knob".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #102

They asked the flog Lloyd what is a pass mark for the blues and he said based on yesterday's performance they will win more games this year then last year!

Only a month ago he wanted the AFL to investigate us cause he said we were a basket case.

Mate he is towards the top of my list in the "I just want to punch you in the face Club", along with Goodard, Beveridge, Cornes, Mark Stevens, Ling and Darcy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #103

At least Lloyd accepts that he was wrong and has reassessed.  Knobhead Cornes is sticking with a position that everyone knows is just wrong.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #104
I guess you don't need enforcers if everyone looks after themselves and their team mates.

Casboult had the defenders intimidated but through his attack on the ball rather than thuggery. 

Interestingly, we seemed to have a plan to get stuck into Wright's opponent Mills.  He was tackled, bumped, pushed, elbowed and verbally harassed mercilessly.  In the last quarter he was gang tackled and you could see the tacklers getting into his ear.  When he was released Wright got stuck into him physically and verbally.  That we continued the tactic until the end of the game suggests a long term objective.

That was my favourite part of the game. How long since we bullied someone in a swans jumper? He mentally disintegrated by the third quarter too. Missing handballs, missing tackles, rushing everything and his man kicked 4 on him.

Love it.

Matty Wright... becoming one of my absolute favourites.