Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Rd 8: Northern Blues vs Coburg at Preston (Read 16044 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Rd 8: Northern Blues vs Coburg at Preston

Reply #60
Thanks guys, hoping he turns out to be our bonus wild card.

It is a lot for a young man from Ireland to wear, but needless to say it would do the entire club the world of good if he can go on to live up to expectations.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #61
Give Mrs Baggers my regards - she showed good judgement.

I was in my usual place for the first half then went to find some sunshine at half time and stayed in the sun thereafter.

How were the pies today - or were you on a short leash? C:-)
:)) :)) :)) Yes, I was rationed! She was looking forward to seeing your good self again, been too long. Next time.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #62
Did you take a thermos of boiled water with you or was it too well done? ;)

Reply #63
Has anyone got a link to the goal Byrne kicked in last year's preseason? That alone, with his good solid games last year, is the stuff to get really excited about ;)
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #64
Of all the seconds Pickett, Byrne and Boekhorst are the 3 we really need to fire.

Thomas and Curnow occupying the wings are serviceable but we are desperate for pace to get us out of defence in a way that will hurt the opposition. Especially Pickett.

Reply #65
Thank you, RR and Baggers. Enjoyed reading your comments. I can certainly relate to them as well. Hopefully we can see more of Casey and Gussy soon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #66
Did you take a thermos of boiled water with you or was it too well done? ;)
:)) :)) :)) you know when Mrs Baggers makes a thermos of boiling water what there is (or isn't) in the thermos!!!

(sorry for the in jokes others reading this... let's just say that the kitchen isn't Mrs Baggers natural domain!)

Reply #67
Of all the seconds Pickett, Byrne and Boekhorst are the 3 we really need to fire.

Thomas and Curnow occupying the wings are serviceable but we are desperate for pace to get us out of defence in a way that will hurt the opposition. Especially Pickett.

Good pick-up. And all three are quick. Wouldn't hold my breath re Boekhorst, sadly.

Reply #68

Curnow provides grunt that those 3 won't.
They won't replace him as we are short of it in a big way

Reply #69
Curnow provides grunt that those 3 won't.
They won't replace him as we are short of it in a big way

I found Ed to be an acquired taste tbh, but having acquired it I think it's a fine vintage.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
I found Ed to be an acquired taste tbh, but having acquired it I think it's a fine vintage.  :)

Ed's attack on the contest and running have been strong qualities. I think his disposal has improved a bit this year. Both quality and efficiency IMO. Haven't checked it, just an observation. So yes, maturing to suit my pallette too.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #71

I reckon Boakhorst will be gone at the end of the season.

As for Ed Curnow, he would be in the first few picked every week. And that won't change in 2018.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #72
I reckon Boakhorst will be gone at the end of the season.

As for Ed Curnow, he would be in the first few picked every week. And that won't change in 2018.

I agree -  this is not about dropping Ed which clearly won't happen. It's about us having a better option that a good tagger / in and under player as our first choice winger. Let Ed go play in and under - we are desperately short of speed at the minute. Wright, SOS, Thomas, Curnow, Cunningham, Gibbs, Cripps, etc. - all have their uses but they aren't quick.

Reply #73

x2...Took me a while but he has Carrazzo type traits and you need a couple of good Indians to play with your Chiefs and Ed is one of those no nonsense
players who gives you all he has each week...

Reply #74
I agree -  this is not about dropping Ed which clearly won't happen. It's about us having a better option that a good tagger / in and under player as our first choice winger. Let Ed go play in and under - we are desperately short of speed at the minute. Wright, SOS, Thomas, Curnow, Cunningham, Gibbs, Cripps, etc. - all have their uses but they aren't quick.

Cuningham not quick?

Hmmm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!