Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 23275 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #105
Just watched Crippa on the marngrook footy show.
Strapping young lad he is. Very smartly presented and spoke very well.
Captain material.
Funny though everyone but KB said we would get up.
Best attack vs the best defence.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #106
Just watched Crippa on the marngrook footy show.
Strapping young lad he is. Very smartly presented and spoke very well.
Captain material.
Funny though everyone but KB said we would get up.
Best attack vs the best defence.

Crows have the most points for, but Port have the least points against.

Reply #107
Crows have the most points for, but Port have the least points against.
I wad just going with the vibe. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #109
I don't think we're even in the top half of the competition in terms of defense (points against) ???
It's an urban legend ;D

This week it's "highest scoring against lowest scoring"
We'll win. :D

Reply #110
My sense is we'll be beaten. If it's by any less than the 10 goal lesson they gave us last year, I'll be satisfied. I watched that game and it looked like Crows were doing a training drill as the game went on. If we can stay in the game for 4qtrs and be competitive, that's a sign of progress in my book.

Crows by 38
FWIW. Chances of me being in the right ballpark, according to my tipping average, is remote at best ;D

Go new Blues. All the best to those who step up from our 2's.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #111
My sense is we'll be beaten. If it's by any less than the 10 goal lesson they gave us last year, I'll be satisfied. I watched that game and it looked like Crows were doing a training drill as the game went on. If we can stay in the game for 4qtrs and be competitive, that's a sign of progress in my book.

Crows by 38
FWIW. Chances of me being in the right ballpark, according to my tipping average, is remote at best ;D

Go new Blues. All the best to those who step up from our 2's.

Cameron and Lynch are significant outs for them.  They are an important 1/3 of a well drilled cohesive forward line. The result could be interesting!

Reply #112
Looking at this week selections, obviously one team not to trust in trade week is Geelong! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114
The numbers on this weeks game don't look good!! Our average score for the year is 72 - they have only been below this number once for year. They have scored over 100 on 9 of 13 games - we are yet to score over 100 for the year [which by the way is the lowest 'highest' score of all teams by over 3 goals!!].

I just can't see how we can kick anything like a score big enough to trouble these guys.

Reply #115
The numbers on this weeks game don't look good!! Our average score for the year is 72 - they have only been below this number once for year. They have scored over 100 on 9 of 13 games - we are yet to score over 100 for the year [which by the way is the lowest 'highest' score of all teams by over 3 goals!!].

I just can't see how we can kick anything like a score big enough to trouble these guys.

Thing is all our games are tight. We might on;y average 72 but we have the ability to tie the other side down to similar scores. We kicked just 71 against the top side GWS BUT they just got 70. Adelaide might average 100 against other defences but not necessarily ours. What's Adelaide's average score when they lose?

Reply #116
Thing is all our games are tight. We might on;y average 72 but we have the ability to tie the other side down to similar scores. We kicked just 71 against the top side GWS BUT they just got 70. Adelaide might average 100 against other defences but not necessarily ours. What's Adelaide's average score when they lose?

77 according to my calcs.

Reply #117
I hate this "managed" word. The kid deserved to be dropped, cut the PC BS.

I think it says more about the mental fragility of the modern AFL player.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #118
I don't think we're even in the top half of the competition in terms of defense (points against) ???
It's an urban legend ;D

This week it's "highest scoring against lowest scoring"
We'll win. :D

Our lowest score against for a completed season since 2012 is 1925, which actually occurred in 2012.

So much for the ultra defensive v ultra attacking urban myth.

Reply #119
Adelaide will be looking for redemption after that shock loss to the Hawks last week, unfortunately, we are going to be their punching bag.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"