Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 16537 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #135
If not for our ridiculous amount of unforced error we'd have won comfortably.

I'd be sacking the skills coaches, you just cannot have AFL players missing so many easy targets by hand and foot. Handballs behind the running player, kicks favouring defenders, basics fail, basics fail, basics fail.

I'm not talking about in the heat, I'm talking about the sh1t you see in the open and from setups or free kicks.
I think we would've too. Never have a seen a side be their own worst enemy. I loved the look of Bevo $hitting himself when Charlie took that mark. Pity he shanked it big time.

Reply #136
We have no idea how to play the modern game, we pick the wrong side to actually play the modern game. Selections are hopeless. How do you get any run out of defence when everyone is 6 foot 900 inches tall.
I agree, but who can we play in the backline right now to get that run we desperately need?

Reply #137
yes, selections by MC were astonishing again....

Yes! Most sides are going shorter and we're going in reverse. Run out of half back is so important to the modern game and what are the types we select?

Reply #138
It's easy to ask for run, but we had 200cm types dropping uncontested / unpressured marks inside D50 to gift the dogs goals.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
I agree, but who can we play in the backline right now to get that run we desperately need?

Cunningham to start with. Why is O'Shea and Mullet in ahead of him.

Reply #140
Kennedy was clearly unfit too.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....

Who the f... is on the MC other than BB? Macca?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #141

SOS, Barker, Bruce, Teague, Amos
The Force Awakens!

Reply #142
I counted three goals from spoils by Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank over Jones, straight to doggie forwards. Add to that the point that was given as a goal, we win...........
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #143
I love barracking for a  Record Breaking team.
Been breaking records for the last 18 years. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #144

Pains me to say it but Matt Shaw has to play in front of Kennedy, he just isnt fit, cant chase ,and a liability, lucky it was played at Etihad..
JackS also cant be played vs quick rebounding teams who move the footy well, why Garlett and Lamb were dropped is mystifying and why we went with a extra taller defender in OShea was crazy.
Marchbank also looks unfit or not match fit and was caught all the time with the ball...

Reply #145
 O'Shea and Mullet  need to be dropped  next week

Reply #146
Cunningham to start with. Why is O'Shea and Mullet in ahead of him.
Can't argue with that but he's still quite green himself. Better to develop him and get game time into him I guess.

Could Garlett go back with him? We clearly need more than 1 running option off half back, but unless we abandon the stop-start kick backwards game it could be pointless to have any runners come in.