Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 13012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #30
Cuningham played as a defender in his games this season.  His impact diminished when he was switched to the forward line.

Bolts has repeatedly stated that Charlie’s first priority is to learn his craft as a key forward.  He is one of our most effective forwards, despite his inexperience.  Our midfield needs bolstering but we would gain little by weakening our forward line ... and we can’t afford to play blokes who don’t get the footy.

“Allegedly” is the operative word.  From what I have seen/heard, Harry won his spot on merit but Kerr is building up to challenge for a place in the 22.

Bolton said Harry wasnt ready to return to AFL senior footy after the North game but then ends up picking him vs West Coast, selection remains a mystery to me and Kerr could play any week regardless of form IMO.

Reply #31
I'd really only be thinking about dropping Garlett and O'Shea. Marchbank for O'Shea (after his quicker than expected recovery from the ankle injury). Not sure who should come in for Garlett, should be speed but I think only Polson could provide that...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32

Looks like Marchbank and Kennedy are fit but Kreuzer and Weitering are still injured.

Marchbank in for O'Shea, obviously, like to see Cunningham in for Mullet, Kennedy in for someone too.

Reply #33
Some good ins there laj.

Surprised Weiters needs more time with a corkie but maybe there's a sokescreen there?

No problem with resting Matty K.

Marchbank a straight swap with O'Shea.

Kennedy for Lamb, SOJ or Garlett?

I'd like to see Kennedy play up forward a bit more - very good overhead, hard at it ala Hickmott and has footy smarts.

Great to see Lang fit and back playing.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34

Looks like Marchbank and Kennedy are fit but Kreuzer and Weitering are still injured.

Marchbank in for O'Shea, obviously, like to see Cunningham in for Mullet, Kennedy in for someone too.

Be good to see Kennedy provide more support at the coalface for Cripps and very happy if Marchbank displaces O'Shea.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
Very surprised Marchbank is back, just a week ago rumors had him at least two weeks away.

Word I had was Kennedy was also another week away, and Kreuzer was right but would probably be delayed. I reckon the MC has saw what I saw late in the game, and that was a very sore Cripps who would be unlikely to maintain that level of intensity, so they bring in Kennedy a little earlier than ideal.

Weiters is no surprise, corked early then corked again later in the same game, coupled with some bad luck maybe a bit unprofessional from us.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Bolton said Harry wasnt ready to return to AFL senior footy after the North game but then ends up picking him vs West Coast, selection remains a mystery to me and Kerr could play any week regardless of form IMO.

Bolton, in his post-match presser, responded to a question about team changes along the lines of having to watch the Northern Blues game first.  It seems he did and judged McKay to be more ready than Kerr (Fraser gave both positive appraisals), a good call in my opinion.  The latter will get his chance if he continues to work hard.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
Marchbank in for O'Shea seems obvious.
Kennedy in to the midfield, but who goes out? I wouldn't be surprised to see Paddy Dow "managed" soon, maybe even this week

Reply #38
In: Marchbank, Kennedy

Out: Lamb, Garlett- both omitted.

Reply #39
In: Marchbank, Kennedy

Out: Lamb, Garlett- both omitted.

In, defender and mid
Out, 2 forwards

??

Reply #40
SPS may spend more time up forward this week

Reply #42
O'Shea given another go!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #43
In, defender and mid
Out, 2 forwards

??

Garlett's omission is baffling IMO.....OShea very lucky to be retained although maybe while his disposal was RS perhaps he stopped his man and thats why he is still in.
Good to have Kennedy back, we look a bit bigger and stronger, maybe we are expecting a rough and tumble game from the equally desperate Dogs.
Very winnable IMO and will be interesting to see the tactics employed given both teams are struggling...men behind the ball or all out attack, reckon the former.....dont see it being pretty to watch...

Reply #44
Garlett's omission is baffling IMO.....OShea very lucky to be retained although maybe while his disposal was RS perhaps he stopped his man and thats why he is still in.
Good to have Kennedy back, we look a bit bigger and stronger, maybe we are expecting a rough and tumble game from the equally desperate Dogs.
Very winnable IMO and will be interesting to see the tactics employed given both teams are struggling...men behind the ball or all out attack, reckon the former.....dont see it being pretty to watch...
Ugly Win is better that a Pretty Loss.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time