Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427716 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #300
Trump...........just sigh.  :'(

Did Trump just have a cold or was he really infected?

If he just had a cold, those sniffles he had last week really put the wind up him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #301

Overtones that have real world effects, the WHO knows all too well who funds it!

You don't get the to the top in those jobs without politics.

Yes, fair points. But I don't think it does the WHO or their paymasters any good to be using potentially racist nomenclature for a virus. One hopes they have a skerrick of ethics, irrespective of "who" pays the bills. 

Reply #302
Yes, fair points. But I don't think it does the WHO or their paymasters any good to be using potentially racist nomenclature for a virus. One hopes they have a skerrick of ethics, irrespective of "who" pays the bills. 
 I wish I had your optimism, but then there is Trump and Putin!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #303
On a more serious note, what a great time to take out a Kayo subscription  ::)

Hopefully, I will get to watch some replays of classic sporting events ...
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #304

There is plenty of classic stuff put on kayo now.
AFL, F1....
Plenty of Kobe stuff after he died.

My uncle, a Cats member, said he got an email saying KAYO are offering members a discount ($2.5/m) via a code he got in an email. He was an existing member so was laughing.

Has anyone got similar? I certainly haven't.

Reply #306
Viruses don't have ethnicity.
A bit off topic, but this reminded of something i once heard about chemical weapons.

Now i can't remember which way around it was but...
Apparently, they were trying to come up with a virus that only infected people who were in close contact with camels.
OR
A virus that did NOT infect people who were in close contact with camels.

No prizes for guessing why they would be useful when you are fighting a war in the middle east.

So, viruses do not....but chemical weapons potentially can....and people are trying too!

Reply #307

The Kayo subscription I have allows you to start and stop at will without penalty.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #308
The new tests are promising to deliver results within an hour, but there will remain many questions. Because in practice it seems going to be tested itself might be the ultimate hazard, it's a significant conundrum because authorities need to identify the infected.

I drive past a major suburban hospital twice daily, on passing you can clearly see queues of people at the special entrance for COVID-19 testing, there are nursing staff dressed in hazard gear handing out disposable masks, taking temperatures, logging names, filling out questionnaires and generally doing their very best to assist people. They have hearts of gold, too gold for their own good.

But their work is complicated by regularly dispersed morons who have pulled the face masks down around their chin so they can have a smoke, some are behaving reprehensibly if the nurses try to stop them smoking! I realise the nurses are trained to deal with this, but why should they have to, use the army and police to enforce the queues while there are not that many queues to enforce, and let the nurses job will be much much easier. The nurses shouldn't have to put up with nutters making their already hazardous job worse. Sorry for using the term nutter I realize this can be emotive and insensitive, but it's an emotive issue.

Yesterday police had to arrest a clearly mentally ill individual getting in everybody's face at a local shopping center medical clinic, there is no indication that person was positive but keep this in mind as the state government releases a swathe of prisoners and mentally ill patients from restricted living. Especially in light of teenagers behaving badly in shopping centers, sooner or later something is going to go tragically wrong.

Now I'm not sure if this is true or not, but this feeds back into a rumor going around that a young girl returned from the USA on a flight several weeks back, was quarantined and tested as clear after two weeks quarantine, after another week or so for some reason she was re-tested and she was positive. It looks subjectively like when doing one of the original tests she accidentally exposed to the virus. Fortunately she is asymptomatic, but if her relatives or others fall ill the lawyers are going to have a field day and we will all suffer! This example issue is a major reason why some commercial entities are closing, not specifically related to direct risk but more about litigation and liability.

The net result of all this is surely a higher level of lock-down for a two or more week period, it probably should have been done already because earlier is better.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #309
Just because the world isn't being crapty enough lately

I had my ute broken into yesterday morning. $10k worth of tools gone.

Now i can't work until i replace them...or at least some of them.

Yay for society!  >:(

Reply #310
Just because the world isn't being crapty enough lately

I had my ute broken into yesterday morning. $10k worth of tools gone.

Now i can't work until i replace them...or at least some of them.

Yay for society!  >:(
Sorry to hear that Kruds.

I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better, a lot of the crims pegged to be released are petty crime types, blundering burglars or disaffected youth. ViPol is apparently furious, some of these crims will bring COVID-19 into your house or car through a broken window!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #311
How the world has turned, and so quickly, I don't like giving the Bolt's of this world any sustenance, but.........

A month or so back, we Aussies were the heartless, evil anti-humanitarian misanthropes. Just yesterday we were negligent in not providing enough support for her displaced ex-patriots.

Today she's called in the army and civil guard on her own people!

She might well save their lives, but the feedback I have from my NZ associates is that she is cooked politically!

Which I find ironic because I think Scotty from Marketing has actually lifted his game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #312
How the world has turned, and so quickly, I don't like giving the Bolt's of this world any sustenance, but.........

A month or so back, we Aussies were the heartless, evil anti-humanitarian misanthropes. Just yesterday we were negligent in not providing enough support for her displaced ex-patriots.

She might well save their lives, but the feedback I have from my NZ associates is that she is cooked politically!

Which I find ironic because I think Scotty from Marketing has actually lifted his game!

I cannot stand that bl00dy woman.

Reply #313

Imbeciles like this have a limited shelf life. Cant stand the silly cow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #314
I'd just like to say, Scomo and Murphy (IMO), together with their teams, have done a tremendous job in the most difficult time in Australian history. When making decisions for ALL Australians, they listen to the real experts on their team, not the imbeciles from the media, entertainment fraternity, sporting organisations and their people, the list goes on. Juggling health and safety and the economy is no mean feat. I am sick to death of the armchair experts everywhere and the DH's on the other side of the political fence trying to score points. Now is the not the time. Its simply, stay home unless youre getting essential items or performing an essential task.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time