Skip to main content
Topic: "Malthouse Reveals How The Blues Will Rise In 2014" - HUN (Read 16442 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Malthouse Reveals How The Blues Will Rise In 2014" - HUN

Reply #15
In most years I take zero notice of the pre-season games, but this year there better be some difference.

I don't want to see the usual top guns out there looking like superstars against a bunch of half-hearted nerds. Borderline players like White, Casboult, Rowe, Watson and Lucas better start looking like Brownlow medalists in the nothing games or I fear things are going to be grim in 2014!

If you cannot dominate when your opponent is half-hearted what can you do in the real deal?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Huge year for Kreuz, Murphy, Thomas and Judd. All 4 should be elite.

Agree with three of them but not Judd. He will decline again. I also don't trust Kreuz most definitely a wait and see.

I agree but I also wouldn't be surprised if the heat went off Judd a little this year. I think teams will start to wake up to the fact that he is not really worth hard tagging any more which will free him up a bit more.

I think there is a glimmer of hope there for him this year.

Reply #17
Huge year for Kreuz, Murphy, Thomas and Judd. All 4 should be elite.

Agree with three of them but not Judd. He will decline again. I also don't trust Kreuz most definitely a wait and see.

I agree but I also wouldn't be surprised if the heat went off Judd a little this year. I think teams will start to wake up to the fact that he is not really worth hard tagging any more which will free him up a bit more.

I think there is a glimmer of hope there for him this year.

Im with you Jeza, players dont go over a cliff once they turn 30.  Sure, he had an ordinary year, but champions like Judd dont have two ordinary years in a row.  Watch this space...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
In most years I take zero notice of the pre-season games, but this year there better be some difference.

I don't want to see the usual top guns out there looking like superstars against a bunch of half-hearted nerds. Borderline players like White, Casboult, Rowe, Watson and Lucas better start looking like Brownlow medalists in the nothing games or I fear things are going to be grim in 2014!

If you cannot dominate when your opponent is half-hearted what can you do in the real deal?

We looked pretty good last preseason but the final was a closer indicator of where we were than the previous games. Rowe and Levi looked like Hart and Lockett in one game.

Reply #19
I take very little notice of pre season games.

I remember us being rubbish in the pre season games then going on and winning premierships... and in more recent times I recall us winning 2 pre season premierships and going on to be rubbish.

Time to experiment and check out newbies... that's about it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20

I remember us being rubbish in the pre season games then going on and winning premierships... and in more recent times I recall us winning 2 pre season premierships and going on to be rubbish.

x2....No point flogging our good players and I would use the preseason to test a few kids out and see where they are at......Duigan has gone so there is a senior spot up for grabs.....would love a kid like Reynolds or Johnson to show something and get that spot...

Reply #21
Der Führer!
Definitely not 'Il Duce".
Maybe we need Chairman Mao, or maybe not - he stuffed up China monumentally before his successors got their act together.

Ave Imperator! We who are about to die, salute you!

mein kampf  2002 -2008

Reply #22

x2....No point flogging our good players and I would use the preseason to test a few kids out and see where they are at......Duigan has gone so there is a senior spot up for grabs.....would love a kid like Reynolds or Johnson to show something and get that spot...

I'm not against elevating Wood and making sure that Kreuzer is absolutely ready to go. Even if it means he misses the first 5-6 games of the year to make up for his interrupted preseason. Some on here may have already pencilled this in as a certainty. ::)

Reply #23

I'm not against elevating Wood and making sure that Kreuzer is absolutely ready to go. Even if it means he misses the first 5-6 games of the year to make up for his interrupted preseason. Some on here may have already pencilled this in as a certainty. ::)
He's the only rookie with AFL experience so it makes sense to me.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #24
Wood isnt going to make us better just give us cover and he can do that from the rookie list...if  a player like Reynolds can make an impact then we might get to a premeirship quicker...

Reply #25
Wood isnt going to make us better just give us cover and he can do that from the rookie list...if  a player like Reynolds can make an impact then we might get to a premeirship quicker...

This is your perception, but remember MM drafted this bloke and knows him inside out. Questions over Warnock/Kreuzer still prevail and Wood is deemed an adequate stop gap. His promotion is no lesser than Hammer as third Ruckman.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #26
It would be a bizarre move to put Wood on the senior list after trading Hammer.

Reply #27
I always appreciate your comments ItsOurTime
but I am for Wood's promotion, because he is only of use to us if he can be spotted in the senior team. I hope it is infrequent, but MickM knows what he can do.

I always viewed Hammer as the next best thing, but he never happened,
he is routinely injured
and Wood costs peanuts in comparison.

Perhaps Hammer might happen this year, for his sake I hope so, but let's wait and see

Reply #28
It would be a bizarre move to put Wood on the senior list after trading Hammer.

You blokes are trying to wind me up!

You know this is going to happen, it is exactly the way our club goes about stuff!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Wood will be promoted because that's how MM rolls
discarded by the filth , hated by the supporters - sure as hell MM is going to make him play well
its in the - vengeance 101 playbook for dummies