Boring - Nil All Draw!
[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Mundine - Still the Man!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 01, 2018, 01:51:33 pm

Topic: Horn or Mundine (Read 19168 times) previous topic - next topic

Horn or Mundine

What are your thoughts, who will win, who do you want to win?
The Force Awakens!

Re: Horn or Mundine

Reply #1
Mundine is weight drained, he will get destroyed.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Bit worried about Mundine, really sounding like he has had one too many fights of late and struggling to construct conversation but he is a skilled boxer
and counter puncher who will look to avoid the bigger punching Horn early in the fight while trying to land a couple to slow the younger bloke down.
The odds favour the younger Horn, Mundine struggled more to make the weight and most scribes have Horn winning but while I dont like Mundine as a person he is a crafty
pro in the ring and has the know how to go the distance and rack up the points with his counter punching.

I'll stick with Horn but its going to be closer than most think and Horn needs to learn from how Danny Green fought Mundine and not get sucked into
chasing Mundine all over the ring and wearing himself out early like Green did..I thought Green was lucky to get that last result.....

Reply #3
Mundine reckons he is going to cut Horn and have the fight stopped by the 11th round.  I suspect that may reflect a subconscious concern about his 43 year old body going the distance.

I can't really see Horn losing but boxing is a funny caper.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Mundane has been at a healthy weight when he has fought Green.

When he has fought this low he has looked terrible.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
Horn is overrated IMO, his last fight was horrendous and it made me think he got real lucky vs Pacman. Having said that, I hope he punches holes through Mundine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Heard them talking about this fight on SEN yesterday morning and the general opinion was that Mundine is in good nick and would be the favourite. I don't really know or care tbh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
Horn is overrated IMO, his last fight was horrendous and it made me think he got real lucky vs Pacman. Having said that, I hope he punches holes through Mundine.

Crawford is the best fighter in the world now. Pacquiao had been on the slide since 2010 so he was ripe for the picking.

Mundine at his best was way better than Horn but he is over 40 and weight drained. He has to lose muscle mass and completely dehydrate himself to make weight.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
Mundine down and out rnd
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Thats what happens when old sportmen just hang around too long.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
Wow, Mundine was humble in defeat, terrific speech, Ill remember him in a different light now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
Wow, Mundine was humble in defeat, terrific speech, Ill remember him in a different light now.

Yep it was a short and sweet fight and Mundine got his pay check......maybe that was the idea...
He did praise Horn but doubt I will ever change my opinion on Mundine as a person...

Dont fancy Horn vs Crawford again either...Crawford is too quick and slick with the long range jab and like last time will only lock
Horn up in close and hold on so Horn cant let the big punch go....

Reply #12
Great result.

Mundine can go away, sit on the floor and play with his toys now.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #13
Yep it was a short and sweet fight and Mundine got his pay check......maybe that was the idea...
He did praise Horn but doubt I will ever change my opinion on Mundine as a person...

Dont fancy Horn vs Crawford again either...Crawford is too quick and slick with the long range jab and like last time will only lock
Horn up in close and hold on so Horn cant let the big punch go....
I suspect Horn learnt alot from the Crawford fight and therefore would approach it differently. I think he also had a few issues with food in Las Vegas made him a little crook, that wont happen again. I know the bloke was 43 but what Horn did last night was precisely what he needed to do (ie quick disposal inside the first round). One thing Horn does better than many is hit hard! You could see Mundines face that he knew he was in strife after he took that first body shot, it was an anvil of a punch. Anyway, onwards and upwards for Horn and a happy retirement for Choc.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Yep,  thanks Mundine, please stay retired before you get really hurt.

The trash talking schtick was tired and you got schooled.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?