Skip to main content
Topic: Kyrgios - magician or idiot? (Read 6143 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kyrgios - magician or idiot?

Reply #1
Smart.

Keeps everyone guessing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
He's neither magician nor idiot. Just a frustrating bloke who seems destined to waste his talent. He's having something of a purple patch now, but that won't last long. That dinky underarm serve proves nothing.

Reply #4
If his efforts are wilful doesn't that make him a liar as well as a cheat, the Donald Trump of tennis?

I'm not sure we need another like that, but Kyrgios if nothing else is wasteful because he has all the talent needed to be a superstar!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Smart.

Keeps everyone guessing.

Yes, a legitimate and effective tactic when the receiver is standing metres behind the baseline.  He doesn’t need to use it often to have opponents thinking about it when they stand back to take the sting out of his normal serves.

I also think that going for some unusual shots may help Nick to keep his focus and intensity.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Smart.

Keeps everyone guessing.

No.

If he was smart he'd be No.1

He has the ability but the brain lets him down.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
No.

If he was smart he'd be No.1

He has the ability but the brain lets him down.

Yes, and the other bent on the under-arm serve tactic is "a55hol3 with a touch of laziness!"

If it's smart Trevor Chappell must be a genius!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
It's not smart but it takes skill to disguise and execute.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Talented c0ckhead.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12
Kyrgios has a point about double standards.  To a certain extent he has made a rod for his own back, but he does have a point.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
Kyrgios has a long record of flaky, erratic form, and the media's comments were fair enough. Kohlschreiber may be having something of a purple patch, but he has played Djokovic 10 times, with Novak holding an 8-2 record. Maybe Kohlschreiber played out of his skin, or maybe Novak had an off day. Either way, the comparison between Kyrgios and Djokovic could hardly be more stark.

The fact that Kyrgios is even discussing this is part of the problem. Far too easily distracted by fluff.

Reply #14
The German, on his day, is a truly exceptional ball striker....
Finals, then 4 in a row!