Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: AFL Rd 17; Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG (Read 5131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: AFL Rd 17; Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG

Reply #90
Lost by the usual.

That was one of the most single frustrating games imaginable. Could well gone close with remotely half decent kicking.

Reply #91
Good old 4 goalish loss.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #92
How can you regard yourself as a full forward and be too sh!+ scared to kick at goal in conventional manner and have no set routine. Harry lost this game because of his inability to put scoreboard pressure on Geelong when he had the chance in give the rest of team belief.

Junk time Harry is now drilling them when it's too little too late. There is no player at the club outside of Walsh who embraces the moment.

I feel as sorry for Walsh like I used to for Judd.

Look who turned up after we lose. Never saw sight of you the last two week. Typical of the sort of bloke you are.

Reply #94
Look who turned up after we lose. Never saw sight of you the last two week. Typical of the sort of bloke you are.
Oh, look who's living in someone's head... How does it go you knobend? Is it... "Jog on"...

Give me one of your "laj" stats like if we had won more games during the season we'd be in the eight. You know some of that really insightful stuff you're renowned for... 🤣
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #95
We had one major issue, poor conversion. You get reward for effort, and things change.

I think it was more than that. No Selwood. Dangerfield did little, Hawkins nothing.

After a couple of weeks of 18 men team efforts, it was back to Walsh + Weitering + little else.

Reply #96
Given what we saw tonight I'd be offering Jones a decent contract.

Reply #97
Given what we saw tonight I'd be offering Jones a decent contract.
Why? He's a turn over merchant, something we have ample of... We should be phasing the likes of Jones out of the team.

Offer him the base contract with incentives focused on turn overs. You'll see how much of an increase in focus and care of disposal you'll get.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #98
Not a great result and definitely need to work on the skills. Accuracy is not something that comes over night.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #99
I think it was more than that. No Selwood. Dangerfield did little, Hawkins nothing.
I suppose, from a Geelong perspective.

From Carlton's perspective I thought we did pretty good and Weitering was outstanding given how many one on ones he cleaned up against Hawkins who is a monster.
The Force Awakens!