Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 14562 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #45
Well we  now have the worst/highest 'scores against' in the league (though Dawks & Crows might surpass us this w/e)... and have conceded more 100pts against than any other club. Well, we're the 'most' at something!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
We can't even cobble together a "senior" group.  And F off Murphy, you don't deserve the 300.  You can join him Russell

Seriously? You think leaving him on 297 when he was our best player for years and has sacrificed himself with injuries over that time not to mention been the captain, would be good for culture? Gtfo. Dumb comment.

He is done and he would know that but to deny him the 300 would be grossly repulsive.

Reply #47
No, I don't. Do your research. That isn't me. I know it is hard for your pea brain, if you even have that.

Only turns up when we lose. Just detestable and weak as piss. Has to be better humans around. 

Missed you the last few weeks. We must've gone well. Says everything about you.
But, but.... Surely in the laj stat world, if every team above Carlton lose every game by 300 points for the remaining rounds and Carlton win all their remaining games by... Oh I don't know, let's say 509 points, we're in... Am I doing it right?... 🤣
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #48
Just tired of arguing about Murphy.... And utterly tired of this pathetic excuse for a so-called "professional" sporting organisation.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #49
Got to give Murf the last 3 games …..

Play him in the fwd pocket. The ball won’t get down there anyway…..

Reply #50
Seriously? You think leaving him on 297 when he was our best player for years and has sacrificed himself with injuries over that time not to mention been the captain, would be good for culture? Gtfo. Dumb comment.

He is done and he would know that but to deny him the 300 would be grossly repulsive.

In your opinion ... "sacrifice" means standing aside for the effin' club, not your personal glory.  So GTFO.

Reply #51
Funny, I said in the pre-game players would be unlucky to be dropped based on the Collingwood performance. This week it's hard to find anyone that wouldn't be dropped.
Eddie - non-event.
Owies - bugger all
Stocker - a shocker ( a week is a long time in football isn't it?)
Cottrell - bloody hell
Willo - God help me
SPS - Ghost
Weitering - worst game for the year
Fisher - zero impact

Slight chance of making finals. Playing a very winnable game. Fail dismally. Reminds me of a one of my favourite Elton John songs. "I've seen that movie too".

::)

Reply #52
In your opinion ... "sacrifice" means standing aside for the effin' club, not your personal glory.  So GTFO.
Sacrificing his body over the years and if he thought he could play another season and our medical and fitness staff agreed, how is that his fault?

Murph was subbed on in the second half, into a team that Altho was in front by 2 pts certainly wasn’t doing anything that gave me
Any belief that we wouldn’t get done by 10 goals, but it’s his fault we lost? Right o. And he is holding the spot of who exactly in the team? Who should be in in his place?

Yes you reward club champions at the end of their careers if you can, and lucky for us finals aren’t a factor and there’s no one else pushing for his spot. So he gets his 300.

Reply #53
Re Williams - did he come to us with hamstring issues? Is this not the 3rd time he’s come off because of his hamstring???

Reply #54
That's a big issue. Culture isn't strong enough. Don't fix it and we talk about this in 20 years.
Its all between the ears I reckon. We have high end talent, great facilities, ok coaches (supposedly) it only leaves the mental fortitude side of the game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
Re Williams - did he come to us with hamstring issues? Is this not the 3rd time he’s come off because of his hamstring???

I think his main injuries were Achilles related. 

Reply #56
15-7 Inside 50's at quarter time.
29-23 at Half Time.

Our ball use is poor at the best of times, but we just wasted chances.   Our structure was horrid with no Harry.   Bombing the ball long with Cripps wanting to wrestle a 200cm Ben McKay the way he does Midfielders was silly.   175cm small forwards trying to take mark of the year seemed our best tactic.   It's looked like we had no plan for life without a key forward. 

Reply #57
Out-matched
Out-classed
Out-muscled
Out-sized
Out-coached
Out-psyched
Out-run
Too many outs😖
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #58
It was like two different teams before and after half time. Not sure what went down during the break.

Reply #59
The one thing that stood out for me was the total lack of respect we held for our opponents. Just a pathetic attitude which probably explains why we continually play our worst games against our worst opponents.