Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 10498 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
Our kicking was an absolute disgrace today. No if’s or buts.

Having to claw back a huge lead last game, saw us with no energy.  Even Walsh looked lacklustre today.

Season over. I hope we put in a good FOUR QUARTER effort next game. Just once I’d like to watch us play and enjoy the entire game- win or lose.

Reply #16
Not that it made a difference but why pic Doc knowing that he had a suspect calf?
We have to trust the medical staff don’t we?

Such a huge disappointment, we still had a chance of finals and that was the tripe they served up

Reply #17
4 in a row - R5,6,7,8 2016.
So it was recent then?  ::)

You make it sound like it's something to be proud of instead of it being an indictment on the club. Probably was the last time we hit 3 targets in a row in a chain of possessions as well.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #18
So it was recent then?  ::)

You make it sound like it's something to be proud of instead of it being an indictment on the club. Probably was the last time we hit 3 targets in a row in a chain of possessions as well.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer.

Reply #19
Clearly there's a tonne of work to do, but I think today the boys were cooked. The Crows killed us on the outside. The tackles, contested ball, inside 50's, turnovers, disposal efficiency etc. all roughly even. The boys fought it out, but no doubt that was one of our worst performances for the year.

Reply #20
EB are the goalless qtrs and goal runs by oppo personnel coaching or both
I'll go both, Teague moves players late, thats his style, we also dont have the leadership to sense a momentum build up and slow the game down. Even the Crows late diffused our run with some time wasting short stuff which led to a goal.
We need to do that when they kick 2-3 in a row and get things back level..

Reply #21
Brisbane in our last game could be a record loss for the season. We seriously couldn’t be even slightly competitive in our last game. Please play as many kids as possible and rest any players that are less than 95% ready to go. Nothing to gain in the last game. Not worth risking serious injuries to players we need ready to go next season. Papley, Williams or Graham might not come our way. A side struggling to stay out of the bottom 4. As always we carry too many passengers. Let’s see what happens in the weeks ahead. Not confident we are the go to club. Other clubs rejects maybe.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #22
Clearly there's a tonne of work to do, but I think today the boys were cooked. The Crows killed us on the outside. The tackles, contested ball, inside 50's, turnovers, disposal efficiency etc. all roughly even. The boys fought it out, but no doubt that was one of our worst performances for the year.
You make it sound like this was a one off. That's the issue with you "blue coloured glasses" brigade. You fail to acknowledge the short comings of a myriad of players on the list year in year out just like the club.

You can't polish a turd. You guys keep picking it up and placing on the polishing wheel in the hope that your efforts reveal some kind of brown diamond.

I'm afraid brown diamonds aren't worth much because as Marc Murphy, the biggest brown diamond of them all has shown, a turd is always a turd.  :D
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #23
Disgusting.  Teaugue's coaching awful conceding 7 goal start again.  Players laughing and celebrating Bryce Gibbs at the end of the game says it all.  Yeah real funny blues.  We just lost to the bottom of the ladder and blew our weak, but still mathematically possible finals chances.  

Reply #24
You make it sound like this was a one off. That's the issue with you "blue coloured glasses" brigade. You fail to acknowledge the short comings of a myriad of players on the list year in year out just like the club.

You are very very correct in your assessment Spanner.  Truth is, you are sick of it.  Unlike many others who put on the rose colored glasses and everything will be fine, you face the truth.  So do I.    We are lucky to have won 7. Realistically we could have won 3 and be bottom of the ladder.  This, when we've recruited older players to complement our system, and on the back of a painful rebuild with more draft picks thrown at us than the GWS.  It's a bloody disgrace and the club is not the club it was when it was great.  This stems from the board and the horriffic draft selections and build plan of Silvangni.  The coach?  What a joke.  Another first year outter which will take 6 years to develop.  I'm very very angry tonight.

You can't polish a turd. You guys keep picking it up and placing on the polishing wheel in the hope that your efforts reveal some kind of brown diamond.

I'm afraid brown diamonds aren't worth much because as Marc Murphy, the biggest brown diamond of them all has shown, a turd is always a turd.  :D

Reply #25
We will probably have pick 6 as it stands in the draft. If Gold Coast can jag another win we may end up with pick 5.

Yep.  And add these to the other 60 picks we've had in the last 4 years. 

Reply #26
Crows should have won by more, their kid like forward line stuffed a few easy ones and we got lucky to be close IMO.
They won the game in the middle with Obrien and their experienced midfield group..

Reply #27
That was just so disappointing.
The Crows looked more like a team playing for a finals spot than we did.
I know there was a bit of banter at the end with Gibbs but the players didn't look to be a 'hurting bunch'  bunch who had just lost their finals chance.
They look like side that's checked out....and next week could be very ugly.

We've developed some terrible habits...some of those will be difficult to break.

Reply #28
Yep.  And add these to the other 60 picks we've had in the last 4 years. 

Then start trading for ready made players. Leave O'Brien and Dow in the reserves to mature while we go with older established players. Lachie Hunter may be available, make offers and see what the thinking is out there.

Reply #29
It was very bruise free game IMO, not much real intent on heavy contesting and both teams wanted an open game played on the weak side where they could get players free. The matey stuff didnt help with the Gibbs/Murphy/Simpson love triangle but when you are playing for finals we needed to be intimidating a very young and inexperienced Crows team and making a statement.
Lachy Scholl played a very nice game but we were oh so friendly how we let him get so much ball, space and time and you have to wonder what Teague was telling our blokes...it looked like tackle but dont hurt them?