Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 135512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #16
How did a kid called McKintosh tear us a new one. It was the first time he ever stepped out on the MCG. I know he is a decent sized unit, but he also made us look like snails when he decided to run with the ball.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
Another year same piss weak leaders going out with a whimper. When the side is sliding it's up to the leaders to control the game.

Murphy - Let Chaplin waltz through him, which lead to a goal. Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

Gibbs - Did he actually do anything positive? How many kicks did he completely stuff up?

Henderson - Every game he get's into position to mark and drops it. He is a terrible forward, pure and simple. When your one highlight for the night is a knock on to Menzel as a number one forward it's just poor.

Jameson - Is not a team player. He will worry only about his player and if he gets out of position, oh well, I'll still get picked next week.

Rowe - A battler at best, found a home at CHB and because of a stupid selection had to pushed all over the ground covering ruck, KP back because Jaksch was too light for Griffiths.

I was howled down for asking should we trade Murphy, Gibbs. I'm saying now we should!

We will go no where with those two cruisers leading this club. I thought last year they both turned the hardness corner but soft as butter.
agree

Reply #20
@Raydan

Good post - we have a massive on-field leadership problem with no one who has any clue about rallying the troops. MM knows that and hence his remarks tonight about losing Daisy who, although struggling for form, does show more of the qualities needed in this department. It's a very poor situation though if we are relying on him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
@Raydan

Good post - we have a massive on-field leadership problem with no one who has any clue about rallying the troops. MM knows that and hence his remarks tonight about losing Daisy who, although struggling for form, does show more of the qualities needed in this department. It's a very poor situation though if we are relying on him.

we are rebuilding. sos has a massive amount of work to do.. for the first time tonight I am starting to question MM as a future coach...

Reply #22
Is Murphy injured.....or simply more interested in a pretty boy haircut?

Should not be CFC Captain.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
we are rebuilding. sos has a massive amount of work to do.. for the first time tonight I am starting to question MM as a future coach...

Tonight really emphasised just how big SOS's task is - I just pray we have recruited the right person in him!

Reply #24
They did, in last year's Grand Final.
But the leaders looked like the gave a feck.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #25
Tonight really emphasised just how big SOS's task is - I just pray we have recruited the right person in him!

SOS has a tough gig....not much to trade, Henderson to re-sign and probably not much in the free agency market with
Dangerfield almost certain to line up for Geelong.....
It starts again with U18 players.....

Reply #26
Not sold on SOS.    He did not come with 35 draft picks to help out this time. 

Reply #27
Not sold on SOS.    He did not come with 35 draft picks to help out this time.

Most would agree with you that SOS is still a work in progress and unproven but also needs a chance to prove himself....

Reply #28
Most would agree with your that SOS is still a work in progress and unproven but also needs a chance to prove himself....

Agree.  But some people on her think he will solve all our problems.  Wont happen

Reply #29
SOS has a tough gig....not much to trade, Henderson to re-sign and probably not much in the free agency market with
Dangerfield almost certain to line up for Geelong.....
Its start again with U18 players.....

With our drafting last year I wonder if the club understands that yet? We could waste another year while that penny drops.