Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Permutations: AFL 2020 R1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 13554 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Permutations: AFL 2020 R1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #60
So Richmond’s 102,453 members won’t  mean a flying fruit loop on Thursday night. No army, no stupid drums. Watch out for plenty of player interactions of affirmation to create their own ‘atmosphere’.

Reply #61
So Richmond’s 102,453 members won’t  mean a flying fruit loop on Thursday night. No army, no stupid drums. Watch out for plenty of player interactions of affirmation to create their own ‘atmosphere’.

Wonder if they will unfurl the premiership flag to an empty stadium?

No atmosphere could be good for us. Tigers thrive on momentum and Dusty getting the crowd up.

Reply #62
As stupid as this may sound I bet a few clubs perform better without any outside noise and lack of pressure from over the fence while others that may love the noise from the stands might feel a little flat and not perform as well.

Don’t they say our club is mainly made up of introverts.....they should prefer the lack of outside noise.

Reply #63
Sorry kruddler I must have been typing as you posted...similar thoughts

Reply #64
Wonder how it will impact on the umpiring at Eagles games here at Perth Stadium without the "noise of affirmation". Will be interesting to see the free kick stats in the first few weeks. Dean Margetts will be in a right lather. And Razor Ray will be really hamming it up for the additional TV viewing audiences.

Reply #65
Wonder how it will impact on the umpiring at Eagles games here at Perth Stadium without the "noise of affirmation". Will be interesting to see the free kick stats in the first few weeks. Dean Margetts will be in a right lather. And Razor Ray will be really hamming it up for the additional TV viewing audiences.

Not sure if it's still the case but even up to about 3 or 4 years ago Perth games were only umpired by the local umpires. They're supposed to be neutral and I'm sure they are but everyone has a team and if you have lived in Perth your whole life it's odds on who that side is.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #66
Just watched the Aust v NZ ODI in front of an empty stadium. It's was really hard to get into. Felt like a scratch match two sides put together rather than an ODI. Never know how much you miss crowd atmosphere until there is none. It's very hard for players to get themselves up. Hopefully works in our favor....lol.

Reply #67
Another blow for our forwardline....
Eddie is out for 3-4 weeks after injuring his calf.

Old man injury.  :'(

Reply #68
Well, I doubt we recruited Betts for his on-field impact so it's not a huge loss, he is an old man who will suffer old man injuries.

It'll be interesting to see how the game is umpired in the total absence of the hyper-abusive Nthmond crowd!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
Another blow for our forwardline....
Eddie is out for 3-4 weeks after injuring his calf.

Old man injury.  :'(
Wouldnt mind if they cancelled the game, looking very threadbare is the forward line, I guess Eddie getting injured with a calf isnt a  surprise. Lets hope he can get back and play the majority of the games, SOS might be saying told you so....🤔

Reply #70
We'll get smashed
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
Even though the AFL have mandated no crowd, I wonder if the game will actually still run on Thursday? Every day the Covid-19 situation gets worse and new restrictions come in.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
In this crowd-less quiet environment a loud voice and lots of collective experience and familiarity will hold sway, unfortunately two things we have very little of!

The Lions must be spewing that they cut Hodge in light of a crowd-less start to the season!

Some clubs may seriously consider playing coaches if this situation is to persist, it will be such a strange environment for the seasoned players, they'll even be able to hear the coach screaming from the boundary line!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Wouldn't surprise me to see the season put back a month, followed by a month of crowd-less games. Finals end of October.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74
Wouldn't surprise me to see the season put back a month, followed by a month of crowd-less games. Finals end of October.

Wonder if they'll postpone and go with a 17 game season, with everyone playing each other once.