Skip to main content
Topic: Formula 1 (Read 89270 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Formula 1

Reply #60
What did Lewis do wrong?

Hamilton again proves himself to be an ar5ewipe!

Thankfully he didn't cause an incident in trying to back up Rosberg into the field.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Hamilton again proves himself to be an ar5ewipe!

Thankfully he didn't cause an incident in trying to back up Rosberg into the field.

Not sure why you chose to bring up that quote in isolation.

FWIW, i don't like Lewis. But in that instance, (whatever it was i can't recall now) i didn't think he was at fault.

I don't agree with what Lewis did, but i can understand why he did it.

Either...
a) Help your teammate and take out all hope of winning the championship for yourself.
b) Force your teammate to work for the championship by backing him up. If he's good enough, he wins. If not, you win.

Not a good position to be in.

Reply #62
This morning I woke up with a dilema, deciding who is the worst formula 1 world champ in history:
A: D Hill
B: J Button
C: N Rosberg

I think I'm leaning towards C
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
Rosberg retires, weak as p!$$. Couldn't hack being Lewis's b!tch any longer. Take the trophy and run!!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #65
This morning I woke up with a dilema, deciding who is the worst formula 1 world champ in history:
A: D Hill
B: J Button
C: N Rosberg

I think I'm leaning towards C

James Hunt would be up there, in his early years especially. (Hunt the Shunt!)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
James Hunt would be up there, in his early years especially. (Hunt the Shunt!)
Yes but the thing with Hunt is that he epitomised the playboy racing car driver. Above that, he was a awfully talented and fast F1 driver. For these reasons, I wouldnt put him in the same class as the others.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #67
Yes but the thing with Hunt is that he epitomised the playboy racing car driver. Above that, he was a awfully talented and fast F1 driver. For these reasons, I wouldnt put him in the same class as the others.

I don't think some of the guys he took out in races would altogether agree with you GTC. He did get better as time went on but he was looked upon as a bit of a prat in his early years, AFAICR.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68
Rosberg retires, weak as p!$$. Couldn't hack being Lewis's b!tch any longer. Take the trophy and run!!!

Geez GTC, did you back him to go back-to-back or something?

The real controversy is that Hamilton gets away with being an ar5ewipe penalty free!

As for worst driver, Villeneuve gets my vote, some people are just dead lucky at the misfortunes of those around them! That result would have been equivalent to Grosjean winning 2016.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
Geez GTC, did you back him to go back-to-back or something?

The real controversy is that Hamilton gets away with being an ar5ewipe penalty free!

As for worst driver, Villeneuve gets my vote, some people are just dead lucky at the misfortunes of those around them! That result would have been equivalent to Grosjean winning 2016.
Its funny you know, I reckon Nico is the ass whipe, not Hamilton. But there you go, different horses for different courses. I really enjoyed Lewis owning Nico for all these years. I guess Nico didnt enjoy it as much ;D JV may have been lucky but was also blindingly fast in a race car. Hamilton is the same, very fast and very consistent. I honestly hope Ferrari feck Vettel off to Merc and get Hamilton as I am a massive fan of Lewis. Would also like to see Baby Schuey at Ferrari but I fear Merc will nab him as early as next year (albeit to lock him away in their stable).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #70
Its funny you know, I reckon Nico is the ass whipe, not Hamilton. But there you go, different horses for different courses. I really enjoyed Lewis owning Nico for all these years. I guess Nico didnt enjoy it as much ;D JV may have been lucky but was also blindingly fast in a race car. Hamilton is the same, very fast and very consistent. I honestly hope Ferrari feck Vettel off to Merc and get Hamilton as I am a massive fan of Lewis. Would also like to see Baby Schuey at Ferrari but I fear Merc will nab him as early as next year (albeit to lock him away in their stable).

The rumors are Hamilton remains on a knife edge and Ricciardo is in Mercedes sights.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Bernie Ecclestone gone so F1 moves to ban grid tarts, I suppose they couldn't stop his daughters attending while he was still CEO, but they've found a way now!

Sorry, The Ashes has me in a foul mood!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Bernie Ecclestone gone so F1 moves to ban grid tarts, I suppose they couldn't stop his daughters attending while he was still CEO, but they've found a way now!

More PC rubbish. Lots of female folk follow F1 so I guess they feel they need to show they are eliminating the sexism side of the sport. I know loads of woman who follow F1. They love the handsome young men in fast cars dont you worry about that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #74

I thought that was a typo LP and grid starts were to be banned.  I had visions of drivers sprinting to their cars as they did way back when.  I'm not a big fan of motor racing but I have spent many hours at speedways, Calder Park, Sandown and throwing up while trying to navigate in a Torana XU1 rally car.  While I don't mind admiring well put together folk, I'd rather see drivers busting their gut to get an advantage than superfluous folk parading around the race cars.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball