Skip to main content
Topic: New Government for Vic (Read 18399 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New Government for Vic

Reply #15
^^

Yes for those going west to east! :P

But fair enough traffic is forked. I just remember what it was like getting from the eastern suburbs to the west gate bridge before they built the tunnels and think of what it would be like now if they had not built those tunnels.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
I seem to recall the major unions were happy with east west link?

Reply #17
East west link is essential.
delusional inner city lefties that voted green/ labor will just have to breath the  lovely air from the stop start cars and grid Iock of the eastern freeway and alexander avenue...

Reply #18
delusional inner city lefties that voted green/ labor will just have to breath the  lovely air from the stop start cars and grid Iock of the eastern freeway and alexander avenue...

It will become a vital piece of infrastructure. No doubt about it.

Will be interesting to see if the new govt can back out of the contract.  My personal opinion is that they wont or cant.

Reply #19
For people in the south and east - linking up east link to the ring-road
makes _way_ more sense than turning the eastern
into another tolled car park as commuters pay to wait in a tunnel at a slow moving off-ramp.

You can imagine how the regional towns were so happy about loosing tafes, hospitals and driving on crumbling roads so the money can be spent on an eastern suburbs indulgence which does not stack up.

It won't move trucks off the road because it doesn't go through to the west.

I won't help commuters because it dumps commuters at the same clogged exits.

Reply #20

EW will go ahead but with a few tweaks......

Reply #21

EW will go ahead but with a few tweaks......

Agree. Andrews is all huff and puff. The unions will want it to go ahead to create jobs, so it will.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Those freeways need to be built. It's just like the farcical situation we had with the original SE arterial.

Reply #23
into another tolled car park as commuters pay to wait in a tunnel at a slow moving off-ramp.

You can imagine how the regional towns were so happy about loosing tafes, hospitals and driving on crumbling roads so the money can be spent on an eastern suburbs indulgence which does not stack up.

eastern will connect with city link..to suggest its a tolled cark par is misleading..
mate .. blame the unions for trucks in the west...they wanted an expanded docks and bay dredging for more trucks..
btw - the cfmeu will put the heat on andrews to approve the east west link, because the cfemu interests demand work for its members..

Reply #24

eastern will connect with city link..to suggest its a tolled cark par is misleading..
mate .. blame the unions for trucks in the west...they wanted an expanded docks and bay dredging for more trucks..
btw - the cfmeu will put the heat on andrews to approve the east west link, because the cfemu interests demand work for its members..

The CFMEU wouldnt know a good thing if it was staring them in the face. They are by "so far" the dumbest, backward thinking organisation I've ever come across. They have completely lost their members. The construction industry is full of subcontractors getting paid a pittance of what they once were. So long as the CFMEU get their union dues, that's all they care about. Carpenters/ plasterers are hit the hardest.
The plumbers and sparkies are still going strong. They have the adv. of being a licensed trade so they arnt so easy to replace with blow ins!!

FWIW,  I've been in the construction industry for nearly20 years and I've never seen a bikie once. The officials can be boistrous and colorful with their language sure, but being run by bikies and so on seems a bit of a stretch  in my view.

Not having a political bone in my body or much financial nous either ........can someone please answer me this......

If the Gov'n were to take out a $1B loan to build the east/west link and toll it, would the fact that the tolls are going back into our coffers rather than o/s investment change peoples views on the project?? I'm of the understanding that citilink was paid off in under 4 years yet the consortium who paid for its construction has the rights to toll it for 30 odd years!!!!!
Kennet made the state squillions during his time in office but he sold the gas and fuel , board of works and our electricity board. Wouldnt tolling road projects where the money eventually come back to the state be one way of ensuring a steady revenue for our states future??

Wow,  who new I could be so heavy !!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #25
The Libs lost this one, no one to blame but their own out of touch selves.....

They're all as baD AS EACH OTHER, GREENS INCLUDED.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
Both major parties ran dreadful campaigns based on scare mongering and precious little in the way of policies that will help the common man.  If Napthine's recorded message rang you people at dinner time like he did me... heck that shat me off.

I live on the boundary between two safe seats, nobody wants to spend 2 cents in my immediate area.  I could vote for the drover's dog and it would be just as much use.  Rocked up to vote and found that I had ceased to be on the electoral roll... call me cynical but aren't computers wonderful.

Traffic in Melbourne is a disaster.  My area is cut by three major roads carrying 100's of 1000's of cars each day transiting through to elsewhere.  As long as that traffic moves through each morning and night nobody give a &^_^^ about the poor old locals.  Now we have rat runners coming through trying to beat traffic lights and tolls... can't see how traffic can get any worse but with the population increases it simply must.  All these new outlying suburbs results in the same few roads carrying more vehicles per unit time. Ain't progress wonderful.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Try driving anywhere through Melb at lunch on Xmas day and its a sublime experience, other than that I never want to go there at all.

Reply #28
Try driving anywhere through Melb at lunch on Xmas day and its a sublime experience, other than that I never want to go there at all.

Not down on the Peninsula BB, down there it's a nightmare, anyone who has tried to head south on the Frankston Freeway on Christmas Day can testify!

I feel sorry for Napthine because he wasn't too bad at a state level, but Federally the Mad Monk, Barnarnaby, The Count, Cruella de Vil and others are pure poison!

The great hope Turnbull has turned into a soft-cock, or as some say Allbull, nobody knows what the Mad Monk has on him but Allbull is the next lettuce leaf in waiting. His demise killed off all hope for moderate voters, and that is the bulk of voters!

It's no good claiming it's State versus Federal, to Joe average they are Coalition and all the same, only excuse makers trot out that State / Federal line! Duck and Cover Tony! The Coalition love making this State vs Federal distinction but during elections they paint State and Federal Labor as one! That just makes them hypocrites!

The Feds shot themselves in the foot with, the ABC(Free Speech), Carbon Trading(Environment), R&D(Industry), NBN(Youth Votes) and the Deficit(Economists). Did they miss anybody in trying to piss off everybody? They haven't delivered on a single target and broke just about every promise along the way! Not that the others are any better, but at least the others are not so brutal about it!  :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Re the potential voiding of the east/west link by labor.

I heard that there was some rediculous multi-million dollar payout required IF the project was cancelled. I've heard anywhere up to half a BILLION dollars.....for doing nothing. Simply cancelling the construction.
So that will ease the pressure from the CFMEU on Andrews....they'll get their money either way.