Skip to main content
Topic: Republican of the Year (Read 47594 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Republican of the Year

Reply #135
I haven't seen anyone say that the carbon tax was a de facto GST, I was quite happy with coming up with that one.  :))

You've invented a meme!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
If anyone was in doubt why the Mad Monk is on the nose;

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/soaring-power-costs-leads-to-record-number-of-disconnections-in-victoria-20150218-13i4lt.html

So much for getting rid of that nasty carbon tax and all the savings we would receive. It seems Tony's corporate buddies have done the dirty and rogered the electorate while the Mad Monk and Treasurer Jokey were asleep at the wheel! Even worse the likes of Turnbull and Bishop just standby and let them, that is Jokey, Yabbott and the Energy Co's, do this to their own country just for some political advantage.

I gather the next step for the lot is out the H of R door and straight onto the board of the local energy authority! ;)

PS: I'd tried to get angry with Truss and Bannanaby about this but I just can't. But one is a walking advertisement for the need to legalise euthanasia and the other is just an fecking idiot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
The Age still can't bring itself to say carbon tax  :))

Reply #138

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/soaring-power-costs-leads-to-record-number-of-disconnections-in-victoria-20150218-13i4lt.html

So much for getting rid of that nasty carbon tax and all the savings we would receive. It seems Tony's corporate buddies have done the dirty and rogered the electorate while the Mad Monk and Treasurer Jokey were asleep at the wheel! Even worse the likes of Turnbull and Bishop just standby and let them, that is Jokey, Yabbott and the Energy Co's, do this to their own country just for some political advantage.

I gather the next step for the lot is out the H of R door and straight onto the board of the local energy authority! ;)

PS: I'd tried to get angry with Truss and Bannanaby about this but I just can't. But one is a walking advertisement for the need to legalise euthanasia and the other is just an fecking idiot!

My powerbill went down when the carbon tax was axed.

Even got a letter saying it would be.

Reply #139

My powerbill went down when the carbon tax was axed.

Even got a letter saying it would be.

So did mine... which was followed by another letter about 6 weeks later explaining the increases. We are now around 6% worse off. We were with Energy Australia.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #140
I read somewhere that a large proportion of electricity price increases are driven by the cost of investment in distribution rather than generation. So the  removal of the tax on actual burning of the coal only has a minor effect on net price.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #141
I read somewhere that a large proportion of electricity price increases are driven by the cost of investment in distribution rather than generation. So the  removal of the tax on actual burning of the coal only has a minor effect on net price.

Shhhhhsh Cookie, if you keep this up our PM will look like a goose at home and abroad! ;)

Next thing you know he will be threatening sovereign states and suggesting we decline humanitarian aid to thousands or millions of individuals just to save the lives of a couple of recidivist criminals! :o

PS; I could be confusing him with Alan Jones, John Laws or Andrew Bolt!
The Force Awakens!