Skip to main content
Topic: Republican of the Year (Read 47613 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Republican of the Year

Reply #60
Could this be a new Oxford Dictionary entry?  ;D

This Tony Abbott bloke is looking more like a James Hird everyday! ;)

James Hird(Def)
Noun:- A human being, someone who loves themselves, unwelcome person, egocentric, exploiter, monopolist, self-seeker, neurotic, obsessive, paranoid.
1: James Hird was unwelcome.
2: We finally saw the real James Hird.
3: Relax I'm not James Hird.
Adjective:- Foolish, derisory, farcial, nonsensical, glib, superficial.
1: What a James Hird.
2: Even a James Hird would get that right.
3: Don't be James Hird.
Verb:- Disdain, decline, rebuff, repudiate, disobey, disclaim, contradict, misinform, prevaricate, hyperbolise, deceive, betray.
1: You're doing a James Hird.
2: I've did the James Hird.
3: I gave him some James Hird.

:)) :)) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #61

The Defender, "I trust my colleagues!"

The Pretender, "When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look!"

The Contender, "I'm insulted and offended!"

LPs advice to Tony,
"Don't get between any woman and a pay-rise!"
;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62

Julia, about to enjoy a large platter of cold schadenfreude.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
Dear Viewers,

What did I do wrong?

I got down and dirty with the best of them and come out on top, like a roman gladiator, no climb was too high and no insult too low, yet they still hate me! Shouldn't they be applauding me, aren't I the people's champion?

Years of head kicking, backstabbing, wall punching, bully-boy tactics all wasted! I turned the NSW Right into the stand-over men they are today, and it's not helping me!

I don't understand what I did wrong, why would they do this to me?

Yours Respectfully,
Tony.
(Address TBA)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
Turnbull to win the spill by default as Bishop is too smart to take the job untill after the next election....Turnbull isnt that popular with his Lib mates
and it will be a tedious existence in the job until Shorten takes over when Labor win...

Reply #65
Well I forecast Abbott gorn by today - looks like it'll be a couple of more days yet! Wow.

Reply #66
A lot will depend on whether the spill motion actually succeeds.
Bishop and others may vote against that (they might not be ready yet, I think Turnbull is).....  but if it goes through then that's when it will get interesting.

The thing is that it's now obvious that even if the motion is defeated Abbott is on borrowed time.

I'm not buying this line that the people elected Tony PM and it's for the people to get rid of him.
Rudd played the same card and it's a nonsense
This isn't the USA.
We vote for parties not individuals and many would have voted LNP in spite of Abbott being leader.

Reply #67
Turnbull to win the spill by default as Bishop is too smart to take the job untill after the next election....Turnbull isnt that popular with his Lib mates
and it will be a tedious existence in the job until Shorten takes over when Labor win...

Cannot see Turnbull winning, most Libs reckon he is a Labor man in a blue suit!

Don't be surprised Tony gets across the line by a whisker, then whacks the dissenters!

The coalition is dead soon anyway, insiders reckon the Libs don't need the Nationals by the time the next election comes around.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68

Cannot see Turnbull winning, most Libs reckon he is a Labor man in a blue suit!

Don't be surprised Tony gets across the line by a whisker, then whacks the dissenters!

The coalition is dead soon anyway, insiders reckon the Libs don't need the Nationals by the time the next election comes around.

Agree Turnbull isnt popular within the party but his public image is better than Abbotts IMO and those backbenchers are trying to save their seats..
With Bishop declaring her support for Abbott you are probably right that Brother Tony might just hang on....

Reply #69
Could be a ruse to shut up Tone's major critics on the back bench?? That's why Julie isn't running. Do we know for certain that Malcolm is?

Reply #70
It won't go to the vote if Tony is to stay, you'll never know!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Ahhh politicians  ;D

Reply #73
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-comes-out-fighting-as-leadership-crisis-heats-up-20150206-1389ba.html

The more you read the more it looks like Tone is gawn. Turnbull if elected as leader, according to the quoted poll, would instantly turn the tables on Labor. The Libs are not likely to ignore that, especially if their own polling is telling them the same thing.

Reply #74
I can't believe the rubbish Abbott is spouting about being elected Prime Minister by the Australian people.  He was elected as leader of the Parliamentary Liberal Party by Liberal MPs.  It's interesting that a bloke who is so wedded to maintaining links with his mother country should claim a presidential mandate.  Of course, talking bullsh1t is what got him into this predicament in the first place.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball