Skip to main content
Topic: Bali 9 thoughts (Read 44120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bali 9 thoughts

Reply #30
I'm sorry about what happened to your father, but does that mean for you it's not about being morally right? You want them executed because they broke a law.
For me its simple, its not about what I think or what you think, its about being a law abiding citizen. Break the law, any law, you pay the price. Black and white, no shades for grey. What morally right? Your opinion and mine is 180 degrees opposed therefore we can never agree. Thats where the law steps in. They have been found guilty of an offence in Bali which carries the death penalty. For me, end of argument.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
People getting hands cut off for stealing bread? All fine because that's the law in some countries?

Rape victims getting stoned? No problemo because that's the law over there?

Reply #32
People getting hands cut off for stealing bread? All fine because that's the law in some countries?

Rape victims getting stoned? No problemo because that's the law over there?
Yep, thats the law there. You or I may or may no agree with it but thats what they believe is right, who am I to tell them they can or cant ? Its why I'm glad I live in the best country on the planet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #33
I'm sorry about what happened to your father, but does that mean for you it's not about being morally right? You want them executed because they broke a law.
For me its simple, its not about what I think or what you think, its about being a law abiding citizen. Break the law, any law, you pay the price. Black and white, no shades for grey. What morally right? Your opinion and mine is 180 degrees opposed therefore we can never agree. Thats where the law steps in. They have been found guilty of an offence in Bali which carries the death penalty. For me, end of argument.

I don't get how you could be so serious about upholding Indonesian law, to the point of advocating another Australian to be taken out to some island, blindfolded and shot in the chest? It's not right. It's inhumane. Anyone thinking tough titties imagine if it was your son or daughter?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34
Their original motives weren't exactly altruistic, and seeing first hand the damage that drugs reek on the community my sympathy for traffickers who are caught is zero.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35

I don't get how you could be so serious about upholding Indonesian law, to the point of advocating another Australian to be taken out to some island, blindfolded and shot in the chest? It's not right. It's inhumane. Anyone thinking tough titties imagine if it was your son or daughter?
But I ask again, were they thinking of their families when they went over there to traffic drugs? Clearly not, they didn't give a flying fork about anyone. I feel for their family members, they are the ones suffering most. However the Indonesian Law or Government didn't put their families through this, the two lads did. Inhumane? Probably is but they knew the consequences and rolled the dice. They didn't value their own lives much given the risk they took, why should we now. You make it sound sound like I am on the steps of parliament with placards saying "Death to all Bali drug traffickers".  I simply stated that I don't have any sympathy for the blokes for the reasons outline above. Lets just leave it at that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #36

Carrots I'm in your corner but I just thought I should highlight the "Australian" slant because it should not matter what nationality in this circumstance. As you said it's "inhumane."
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #37

Carrots I'm in your corner but I just thought I should highlight the "Australian" slant because it should not matter what nationality in this circumstance. As you said it's "inhumane."

Yep agree, morally Australians are no more human or precious than any other race or nationality - killing anyone is "inhumane". OK, killing Australians brings it closer to home for us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38

I agree but I was going for that little bit extra to try and win G2C over. Thought it might mean a little more that way.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #39
^
More is less?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40

But I ask again, were they thinking of their families when they went over there to traffic drugs? Clearly not, they didn't give a flying fork about anyone. I feel for their family members, they are the ones suffering most. However the Indonesian Law or Government didn't put their families through this, the two lads did. Inhumane? Probably is but they knew the consequences and rolled the dice. They didn't value their own lives much given the risk they took, why should we now. You make it sound sound like I am on the steps of parliament with placards saying "Death to all Bali drug traffickers".  I simply stated that I don't have any sympathy for the blokes for the reasons outline above. Lets just leave it at that.

Be honest GITC if it was your son or daughter would you honestly have the same stance? If they'd spent 9 years on death row and had fully rehabilitated would you be happy to see them cop a bullet to the head despite the law of the land? The Indonesians are hypocrites, especially as the drugs being carried by the Bali 9 were destined for Australia. Walk down any street in Kuta and you'll be offered drugs. It's a farce. This is also a country that allowed the mastermind of the Bali bombings Abu Bakar Bashir to escape unscathed from any serious conviction. I personally knew 2 people killed in Bali by Bashir's bombers and I have witnessed the suffering of their families.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #41
I'd like to know how many drug addicts, drug users are in Indonesia and that if they think by executing a handful of traffickers every year will reduce the number?
I guess the answer is a lot, lots & lots & NO

Reply #42
I'd like to know how many drug addicts, drug users are in Indonesia and that if they think by executing a handful of traffickers every year will reduce the number?

A lot of drugs that are illegal here are not even outlawed there, that is the stupid thing!

For example teenage kids all over Indonesia load up on magic mushrooms and other similar "native" sources of hallucinogenics and there are no recriminations for doing so. It's a joke they often play on mates at parties, someone dumps some mushroom in somebodies drink or food.

The problem I have with the situation is that you can keep killing messengers all you like, the Mr Bigs of the the drug scene don't give a stuff, in fact that is what they want. They'll keep threatening peoples families and the drug mules will keep taking the risks to save the ones they love.

The last thing Mr Big wants is a bunch of failed drug mules informing, the best thing authorities could do is get all these drug mules on-side as a group and have them rip the Mr Bigs a new one! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
The Indonesians are hypocrites, especially as the drugs being carried by the Bali 9 were destined for Australia. Walk down any street in Kuta and you'll be offered drugs. It's a farce.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking... I was in Bali in 1980 and couldn't walk to the beach without being offered drugs....police all around.
Corrupt and dodgy as!

Reply #44

A lot of drugs that are illegal here are not even outlawed there, that is the stupid thing!

For example teenage kids all over Indonesia load up on magic mushrooms and other similar "native" sources of hallucinogenics and there are no recriminations for doing so. It's a joke they often play on mates at parties, someone dumps some mushroom in somebodies drink or food.

The problem I have with the situation is that you can keep killing messengers all you like, the Mr Bigs of the the drug scene don't give a stuff, in fact that is what they want. They'll keep threatening peoples families and the drug mules will keep taking the risks to save the ones they love.

The last thing Mr Big wants is a bunch of failed drug mules informing, the best thing authorities could do is get all these drug mules on-side as a group and have them rip the Mr Bigs a new one! ;)

Its true the Mr Bigs dont give a stuff about anyone else in the chain  but no drug mule will inform and have himself and his family wasted because thats what will happen.
Be smart..dont become a drug mule....