Skip to main content
Topic: Bali 9 thoughts (Read 44366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bali 9 thoughts

Reply #45
So is this crackdown on foreigners part of the turf protection being put into place by Indonesian Mr. Bigs? The place is as corrupt as you can get so it wouldn't surprise me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
The situation is a mess and all I see is misery and suffering all around.  The death penalty is far too harsh, but I cannot pass judgement on the actions of people.

Nor the authorities.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
When going on a travel to another country, keep out of trouble and don't break any laws. Familiarise yourself with what you are getting yourself into. A day of fun can be a lifetime of misery. Is it all worth it in the end ? Not trying to be heartless here, but be warned that the short moments of fun can be years of hell. Laws don't always appear to be balanced between the locals and imports. Just stay out of trouble or stay here in Australia where you have your say in court, and the legal system has some sympathy depending on the offence. I don't wish any malice towards the people we speak of, but they have been placed in a position that will be a worst nightmare to them and all the families involved.

People, please teach your kids of what may happen when they enter a different country with different laws to what we experience here in Australia. Just get them to watch "Midnight Express". If that doesn't wake them up, nothing will. Not being a prick here intentionally but just saying be warned that when you leave the shores of Australia, you enter a world you may not wish you ever ventured into. Don't bet Tony, the leader of our government will get you a get out of jail card either.  It doesn't work that way.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #48
I can see the 'drug runner' side of the argument, but we will never be able to consider ourselves civilised while we have state-sanctioned killing.  Any country can make a law that attracts capital punishment, does that make it right?

Perhaps we need to remove the incentive to import drugs and remove the criminal element altogether.  While crime is involved, young people of all nationalities will continue to make mistakes and get caught.  Do they deserve to die for it?   Did you ever make a mistake in your early 20's ?

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #49
So is this crackdown on foreigners part of the turf protection being put into place by Indonesian Mr. Bigs? The place is as corrupt as you can get so it wouldn't surprise me.

Now you're getting it, why do the dirty work when the government will do it for you?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
I'd like to know how many drug addicts, drug users are in Indonesia and that if they think by executing a handful of traffickers every year will reduce the number?
I guess the answer is a lot, lots & lots & NO

A lot of drugs that are illegal here are not even outlawed there, that is the stupid thing!

For example teenage kids all over Indonesia load up on magic mushrooms and other similar "native" sources of hallucinogenics and there are no recriminations for doing so. It's a joke they often play on mates at parties, someone dumps some mushroom in somebodies drink or food.

The problem I have with the situation is that you can keep killing messengers all you like, the Mr Bigs of the the drug scene don't give a stuff, in fact that is what they want. They'll keep threatening peoples families and the drug mules will keep taking the risks to save the ones they love.

The last thing Mr Big wants is a bunch of failed drug mules informing, the best thing authorities could do is get all these drug mules on-side as a group and have them rip the Mr Bigs a new one! ;)

Its true the Mr Bigs dont give a stuff about anyone else in the chain  but no drug mule will inform and have himself and his family wasted because thats what will happen.
Be smart..dont become a drug mule....

Easy money and an "exciting" lifestyle is too big a lure for some. They need to be punished but don't deserve death like someone taking a risk by walking down a dark alley at night to get home faster doesn't deserve the crape bashed out of them for taking a clear risk.

As a country, if we can't stick up for our own when foreigners decide they're going to kill one of our citizens under circumstances we don't accept here, what other principles can we possibly stand for? Seems fundamental to me.

Reply #51
For the sake of clarifying the AFP's role:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/afp-unrepentant-over-its-role-in-bali-nine-capture/story-fnq2o7dd-1227214460386
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/afp-unrepentant-over-its-role-in-bali-nine-capture/story-fnq2o7dd-1227214460386

That was a really interesting read GIC. I must say I never knew that. Not the way I thought the whole situation would be handled. Is that a common practice with the federal police ? Looks like a bit of a handball, get the problem out of your own backyard. Strange way to handle things indeed.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53

That was a really interesting read GIC. I must say I never knew that. Not the way I thought the whole situation would be handled. Is that a common practice with the federal police ? Looks like a bit of a handball, get the problem out of your own backyard. Strange way to handle things indeed.

Federal police are quite happy to let another country do their dirty work.....its like young radical's joining IS, whey stop them?...they come out of the woodwork, you get to identify them, they end up in the firing line and the ones who make it back get nabbed...too easy.
When crims kill other crims you dont see the police crying in their beer over it unless innocents get hurt....

Been told a couple of the Saudi countries have given clemency to Indonesian nationals who have been found guilty of crimes that have the death penalty......the Indonesian government campaigned hard to save them
and owe the Saudi's big time..... an interested Aus government  might have contacted those countries and done some wheeling and dealing to save the Bali 9 duo but why waste that favour on drug dealers who wont cooperate with providing more information on the Mr Bigs....

Reply #54
http://www.theage.com.au/national/suspected-bali-nine-mastermind-living-in-luxury-as-andrew-chan-and-myuran-sukumaran-sit-on-death-row-20150210-13aypt.html

Well if you want to become involved in trafficking drugs this story contains useful tips on how to go about it whilst minimising the risks.

Moral of the story - Don't forget to buy your Lotto tickets! Amazing. ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #55
@Elwood

These are the big wigs mate, I have no doubt the number one rule is don't dob or your family's safety is at risk. Why else would these guys have not blabbed they'd have nothing to lose.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
Easy money and an "exciting" lifestyle is too big a lure for some.

That is correct in some case but not all, they usually target addicts or the family of addicts and blackmail them into being drug mules.

FWIW, ISIS allegedly also copies the drug peddlers methods. I've heard in certain cases they have allegedly threatened wealthy but naive teenagers living in Western countries that if they don't return home, fund and fight for ISIS they will slaughter the whole family.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
[flash=400,300]http://youtube.com/v/SP8suYw7cB8[/flash]

Reply #58
While it now appears likely that the Indonesian government will execute these two men, I want to publicly declare that in protest I shall never again travel to Indonesia nor shall I donate money to any future natural disaster that may effect that country. I strongly encourage like minded people to do the same.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #59
While it now appears likely that the Indonesian government will execute these two men, I want to publicly declare that in protest I shall never again travel to Indonesia nor shall I donate money to any future natural disaster that may effect that country. I strongly encourage like minded people to do the same.
Fair call. X 2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time