Skip to main content
Topic: Bali 9 thoughts (Read 44377 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bali 9 thoughts

Reply #60
While it now appears likely that the Indonesian government will execute these two men, I want to publicly declare that in protest I shall never again travel to Indonesia nor shall I donate money to any future natural disaster that may effect that country. I strongly encourage like minded people to do the same.
Fair call. X 2

You both need to let the Indonesian Govt know about your boycott or your protest will be unheard and pretty pointless.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #61
What I want to know is how Keelty can look his family (or any other Australian for the matter) in the eye with all that Aussie blood on his hands. Thought he was such a hero when he did it as well. Just a flog of a person.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
Sorry, but the only way forward in these matters is to continue to engage and debate, if you disengage you basically create and opportunity that enables radical groups to take hold!

For example ISIS would not exist if the rest of the world had stayed policing trouble zones, but all the do good self-righteous types complained about the loss of life or the economic cost of war, and the retreat was called. I hope they are thinking about the loss of life and the cost of dealing with ISIS now?

Indonesia will come around as long as we all keep talking to them about it, we don't have to punish Indonesia's version of Joe Average in the interim!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Sorry, but the only way forward in these matters is to continue to engage and debate, if you disengage you basically create and opportunity that enables radical groups to take hold!

For example ISIS would not exist if the rest of the world had stayed policing trouble zones, but all the do good self-righteous types complained about the loss of life or the economic cost of war, and the retreat was called. I hope they are thinking about the loss of life and the cost of dealing with ISIS now?

Indonesia will come around as long as we all keep talking to them about it, we don't have to punish Indonesia's version of Joe Average in the interim!

You are right about ISIS they timed their run when the troops were withdrawn.....the western armies would go harder with heavier weapons but are hamstrung by civilian casualties and bad press as the result...the Taliban wont go away and either will ISIS.
Dont see Indonesia and Aus ever on the same page, religious and cultural divides will always exist....Indonesia would be our closest major military threat in the eyes of many and I dont see that changing.
While I have no sympathy for the Bali drug dealers I have no doubt the Indonesians are enjoying the game and shooting two Aussies is a bit of muscle flexing to show whose Boss to the majority christian Australian people....

Reply #64
@EB1

You are right about Indonesia being our primary military threat. I went to a lecture a few years ago on the defence of this country given by a senior retired military man. Guess who he indicated as our biggest military threat, and by some margin! Indonesia has a huge and well equipped military force that it is not afraid to use under the right circumstances.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
@EB1

You are right about Indonesia being our primary military threat. I went to a lecture a few years ago on the defence of this country given by a senior retired military man. Guess who he indicated as our biggest military threat, and by some margin! Indonesia has a huge and well equipped military force that it is not afraid to use under the right circumstances.

They have a big military force but it is underfunded.

Reply #66
They have a big military force but it is underfunded.

Politically Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, The Philippines and most of the other countries on the Asian Peninsula think China is the enemy not Australia.

The ideologies of radicals and fundamentalists in those countries should not be confused with the political, social and economic will of sovereign nations!

As for the execution of "Australians" of course we oppose it, but in reality you can't play the Australia card because Indonesia has shoot just as many Europeans, Africans and Americans along the way. Beside the morality of executions in general the only other question you can really ask is about the equity of the process. Why is a convicted Indonesian crook who is the son of a wealthy family given a pass while a foreigner gets the chop? Even then in fairness to Indonesia they sacked some of the judges who made those decisions!

PS: Despite being minorities there are still more of either Christians or Buddhists in Indonesia than there are total people in Australia! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Chan & Sukamaran have been moved to the execution island now, this sorry saga will end in the next day or so.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #68
Chan & Sukamaran have been moved to the execution island now, this sorry saga will end in the next day or so.

Probably not completely....a lot of folk are holding back a bit at the moment in comments and actions.
They're still playing the diplomacy game.
If this thing goes ahead there are likely to be some repercussions, not only here but in Indonesia, that will put a bit of a strain on relations.

Reply #69
This whole saga is macabre and really belongs somewhere in the Middle Ages. I feel extremely sorry for their families having to watch this slowly unfolding.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
Probably not completely....a lot of folk are holding back a bit at the moment in comments and actions.
They're still playing the diplomacy game.
If this thing goes ahead there are likely to be some repercussions, not only here but in Indonesia, that will put a bit of a strain on relations.

I think you be surprised by how few people really care, and how widely drugs have affected every day people and left them bitter. Out of those alleged seven trips the two completed, how many drugs were moved and how many users died? I read an article some weeks back that suggest between 3 and 10 for every trip they made, that 20 to 70 people dead from their activities.

While I do not agree with executions, I think there will be far bigger local repercussions if EFC don't get whacked! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Indonesia is a third world country with a third world justice system...

Reply #72
While I do not agree with executions, I think there will be far bigger local repercussions if EFC don't get whacked! ;)

This example makes me laugh at all the hypocrisy on here.

There have been many posts supporting the "do the crime do the time" line on here with Essendon and I agree totally with that, I feel some sympathy for the players, who have been drilled since coming into the AFL system not to question their club, coach and other players. They were duped, but every professional athlete knows that they are responsible for what goes into their bodies.

These drug smuggling scum, that everybody is crying out about, knew what they were doing was illegal, they surely were aware that drug smuggling into Indonesia carried the death penalty, yet Australia should pull out all stops to stop them from being killed?

I HATE DRUGS, they are the scourge of society. ICE is responsible for some of the most heinous crimes out there. I was speaking to an ex forensic cleaner (the guys that clean up blood and guts after murders) and we were talking along these lines. He told me of why he quit, a "so called" father of a six year old boy was on ICE and wanted his stash that was locked in his house after his wife had locked him and his son out. He grabbed his son and threw him through the window, piercing his abdomen and spilling his intestines over the floor, cutting his neck and landed on the fire place cracking his head open. The once inside the picked up a fire poker and beat his wife to death, got his drugs and walked calmly to his friends place.

How anyone can think this poor excuse for a human being deserves to live?

These two were supplying drugs for thousands of people to potentially commit crimes as listed above.

I'm all for the death penalty for drug smugglers and suppliers, bring it in here, I know it will not effect me or my family, but crimes of the drugs probably will at some stage.

I just wonder how much money the Australian government has spent trying to convince Indonesia to change their laws because the two scumbag drug smugglers have changed their ways inside? I bet if they weren't caught they would still be supplying and destroying peoples and their families lives. 

Instead of the Government wasting money on people who made their illegal choice, spend that money on education and police to stop the drug cycle.

Reply #73

This example makes me laugh at all the hypocrisy on here.

There have been many posts supporting the "do the crime do the time" line on here with Essendon and I agree totally with that, I feel some sympathy for the players, who have been drilled since coming into the AFL system not to question their club, coach and other players. They were duped, but every professional athlete knows that they are responsible for what goes into their bodies.

These drug smuggling scum, that everybody is crying out about, knew what they were doing was illegal, they surely were aware that drug smuggling into Indonesia carried the death penalty, yet Australia should pull out all stops to stop them from being killed?

I HATE DRUGS, they are the scourge of society. ICE is responsible for some of the most heinous crimes out there. I was speaking to an ex forensic cleaner (the guys that clean up blood and guts after murders) and we were talking along these lines. He told me of why he quit, a "so called" father of a six year old boy was on ICE and wanted his stash that was locked in his house after his wife had locked him and his son out. He grabbed his son and threw him through the window, piercing his abdomen and spilling his intestines over the floor, cutting his neck and landed on the fire place cracking his head open. The once inside the picked up a fire poker and beat his wife to death, got his drugs and walked calmly to his friends place.

How anyone can think this poor excuse for a human being deserves to live?

These two were supplying drugs for thousands of people to potentially commit crimes as listed above.

I'm all for the death penalty for drug smugglers and suppliers, bring it in here, I know it will not effect me or my family, but crimes of the drugs probably will at some stage.

I just wonder how much money the Australian government has spent trying to convince Indonesia to change their laws because the two scumbag drug smugglers have changed their ways inside? I bet if they weren't caught they would still be supplying and destroying peoples and their families lives. 

Instead of the Government wasting money on people who made their illegal choice, spend that money on education and police to stop the drug cycle.

Someone wont be a popular boy on this site.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Someone wont be a popular boy on this site.

It's all fine by me, I can't wait for them to pull the trigger and end this circus.

I'd also like to see our Govt. withdraw the $500mill in aid they give to Indonesia every year and channel it into our health & social services systems too !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"